• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that transition scene from from Sam digging out the scabs and pus of Jorahs greyscale to the Pot pie scene was immense lol

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who runs Dorne now? Does Cersei hand it over to Euron? Are the people of Dorne totally against the Lannisters?

While that's a very good question, but I'm not really expecting us to get an answer on the show. Book Doran Martell had two sons and a daughter. I'm not sure if it was ever explicitly stated, but it certainly seems that he only had the one son on the show so his line appears to be out. Oberyn had more daughters than the Sand Snakes but we haven't met any, so maybe the next oldest? All the Dorne characters are either dead or captured (soon to be dead), I doubt they'd want to introduce any new ones at this point.

The only way I think we get an answer on the show would be if Jaime and Cersei add Dorne to their offer to Randyll Tarley to get him to commit to their side. That might work since those 2 kingdoms are adjacent and they already offered him the position of Warden of the South.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I waited six seasons for THAT!!?!?!?!?!

:gaah:

:pout:

There is a lot of internet posturing along the lines of "it is too expensive to CGI scenes with direwolves". I am sticking with my original assertion (no, not the one about Holtby) that Nymeria will come into play again before all is said and done. There was zero point in that scene if Nymeria walks off into woods and we never hear from her again.

If the cost of filming is sooooo darned important, then they just wasted serious cash. Plus, they flew Maisie Williams to Calgary for the sole purpose of filming that one scene? Methinks not.

Season 7 is now 2 for 2 in having a weird Arya scene, with no apparent purpose. Episode 1 was the infamous Ed Sheeran scene, and Episode 2 was Nymeria. Why? What was the point of either? Is it just to show that Arya is not the stone cold, heartless assassin the Faceless Men trained? I have a hunch that both will become relevant soon. But I have no idea how or why.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of internet posturing along the lines of "it is too expensive to CGI scenes with direwolves". I am sticking with my original assertion (no, not the one about Holtby) that Nymeria will come into play again before all is said and done. There was zero point in that scene if Nymeria walks off into woods and we never hear from her again.

If the cost of filming is sooooo darned important, then they just wasted serious cash. Plus, they flew Maisie Williams to Calgary for the sole purpose of filming that one scene? Methinks not.

Season 7 is now 2 for 2 in having a weird Arya scene, with no apparent purpose. Episode 1 was the infamous Ed Sheeran scene, and Episode 2 was Nymeria. Why? What was the point of either? Is it just to show that Arya is not the stone cold, heartless assassin the Faceless Men trained? I have a hunch that both will become relevant soon. But I have no idea how or why.

My take was that the scene with Arya and Nymeria was as closure for the fans on the fate of Nymeria. Everyone knew that Nymeria was out there somewhere, and was wondering when she would show up again. I took the scene as cutting the loose ends...Nymeria and Arya met again, and Arya realized that the wolf is wild and no longer hers and has come to terms with that. And closure for the audience in showing the fate of the wolf that folks were waiting to come back into play. Just my 2 cents, and I'm probably wrong, but that's what I thought the scene was for.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost has been cut out for the most part as well. They said it's time consuming and expensive to have them in the show. Example, they said they wanted Ghost for the Battle of the Bastards but it was between him and Wun Wun, they went with the giant.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost has been cut out for the most part as well. They said it's time consuming and expensive to have them in the show. Example, they said they wanted Ghost for the Battle of the Bastards but it was between him and Wun Wun, they went with the giant.
So the giant, um, "won won" out?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im trying to wrap my head around what the scenes mean as well ... the fact that after learning Jon Snow was the King in the North she does an about face and changes destinations flies in the face of this drug induced theory but what if thats not Arya anymore ... its Jaqen H'ghar / the faceless man / no-one :think:

My take was that the scene with Arya and Nymeria was as closure for the fans on the fate of Nymeria. Everyone knew that Nymeria was out there somewhere, and was wondering when she would show up again. I took the scene as cutting the loose ends...Nymeria and Arya met again, and Arya realized that the wolf is wild and no longer hers and has come to terms with that. And closure for the audience in showing the fate of the wolf that folks were waiting to come back into play. Just my 2 cents, and I'm probably wrong, but that's what I thought the scene was for.

what if ... it was actually Nymeria that realized something about Arya in that scene ... see above lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never bought into the Arya is really Jaqen theory, and it seems like this season really disprovies it IMO.

Why would Jaqen feel the need to continue Arya's Revenge Tour(TM)(shirts on sale in the lobby)?
Why would Nymeria leave Jaqen alone if she knew it wasn't Arya?
We saw Arya and Jaqen in the House of White and Black together after she killed the Waif.

Sure, the theory is possible, but I think there have been too many holes poked in that theory.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never bought into the Arya is really Jaqen theory, and it seems like this season really disprovies it IMO.

Why would Jaqen feel the need to continue Arya's Revenge Tour(TM)(shirts on sale in the lobby)?
Why would Nymeria leave Jaqen alone if she knew it wasn't Arya?
We saw Arya and Jaqen in the House of White and Black together after she killed the Waif.

Sure, the theory is possible, but I think there have been too many holes poked in that theory.

A)not a revenge tour but a tour to ensure death (the white walkers) wins :noidea:
B)Nymeria realizes the person in front of her is the god of death and stands down :noidea:
C)we didnt really see a direct conclusion to that meeting :noidea:

to re-iterate ... i have :noidea: lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to trademark the phrase "Arya Revenge Tour" :nod:

The video made me look up "who plays the Septa?" and to my surprise, that is the same actress. I assumed she was an old bitty. Wardrobe and makeup can do wonders.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Septa, you think she's still locked in that room being Frankenstein Mountain's play thing or has she kicked the bucket by now?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and is it just me or does it look Hot Pie has been eating very well at that inn since he was last seen? Even more so than usual.

He's been eating too much of the work product.

No, seriously. The actor who plays Hot Pie has opened a bakery serving, among other things, bread shaped like dire wolves. It is based in London and called "You Know Nothing John Dough."

ben-hawkey-bakery-f7bf72c4-ddb7-4a94-9916-175f9d887851.jpg

Reactions: gob

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing episode! Olenna was a great character but her days were numbered. I honestly don't think Jaime cared much for Joffrey as he did Tommen and Myrcella for a few reasons. I think the reason he was so emotional about hearing it was Olenna that poisoned him was because Tyrion was framed for it.

Deanerys looked strong at the end of last season but her allies are dropping like flies now. The dragons are going to have to come into play soon when they run out of excuses. Was glad to see Randyll join the Lannisters as most figured he would.