• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lebron was pretty good in Amy Schumer's movie Trainwreck.

I wonder if they will get Shaq to defeat the Mountain.

When you asked to read my fan fiction so you could give me constructive criticism that did not mean blurt out my major plot points on the internet.

Just tell them about my Bronn starting up a grape soda factory storyline why don't ya?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get what the big deal is about Ed Sheeran's cameo. It was only a few minutes long. I knew who he was but don't know a single song he sings, but I just didn't care that he was in it.

I know who Ed Sheeran is but I don't know his face too well. Maybe he was playing a hobbit or something. They have those right? Which scene was he in and who was he?

Also, nobody had mentioned it yet, but how cool was the brief moment of Jorah Mormont in this episode. I guess his quest isn't going so well. Hopefully Sam provides him with great hospice care. Jorah wouldn't have gotten very far without Sam.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you asked to read my fan fiction so you could give me constructive criticism that did not mean blurt out my major plot points on the internet.

I was on that e-mail chain as well. Nasty had started a new story he hadn't finished. I'll post the first paragraph of it below and I'd encourage all of you to add another paragraph until the story is complete. He gets a little hung up on anatomy in his writing, but it's still a good start...

"Sansa made haste for the Vale. Her hips thrust back and forth in the saddle as she rode her stallion hard. He had the stamina to make the ride in half a day and was among the greatest horses from the Riverlands. They bred the greatest horses. Their master of saddles Comedus could bring a horse to completion like no man in the Seven Kingdoms. Her boddess gripped her tight as the wind swept passed her high cheekbones. She rode beyond Burkiree Pass and noticed a new grape soda factory being built by stone masons. She was thirsty, but had no time to stop as her boddess pressed her breasts into the cold afternoon air. Three days. Three days she had to return to her half brother and his rippling abdominal muscles with reinforcements. She wondered what adventures awaited her on her ride... and if any of them would be erotic."

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on that e-mail chain as well. Nasty had started a new story he hadn't finished. I'll post the first paragraph of it below and I'd encourage all of you to add another paragraph until the story is complete. He gets a little hung up on anatomy in his writing, but it's still a good start...

"Sansa made haste for the Vale. Her hips thrust back and forth in the saddle as she rode her stallion hard. He had the stamina to make the ride in half a day and was among the greatest horses from the Riverlands. They bred the greatest horses. Their master of saddles Comedus could bring a horse to completion like no man in the Seven Kingdoms. Her boddess gripped her tight as the wind swept passed her high cheekbones. She rode beyond Burkiree Pass and noticed a new grape soda factory being built by stone masons. She was thirsty, but had no time to stop as her boddess pressed her breasts into the cold afternoon air. Three days. Three days she had to return to her half brother and his rippling abdominal muscles with reinforcements. She wondered what adventures awaited her on her ride... and if any of them would be erotic."

Please tell me her boddess (sic) was damp from the moist air surrounding the grape soda factory.

Please.

:yes:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just tell them about my Bronn starting up a grape soda factory storyline why don't ya?
I didn't spoil that Shaq was somehow playing himself. Oops

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard of Ed Sheeran until reading something a few months ago saying that he was going to be in GoT. So I was prepared for him to appear, aside from the fact that I didn't know which guy he was. I suppose the singing kind of gave it away. When it was first announced he'd be appearing, some were even speculating that he might play Rhaegar Targaryen in a flash back. So if you didn't like this scene, well it could have been a lot worse.

I actually really enjoyed that scene. Not because of him though. I liked that it gave Arya a different perspective on Lannister soldiers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed the scene as well. Having him in it was distracting and disappointing, but the scene was one of those peaks into real-world Westeros that make the universe really full and vibrant.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked that episode. Was cool to see lots of long-time characters interacting for the first time ever. I really liked that they addressed Varys' involvement in the assassination attempt in season one as well as the Myrcella thing. I figured Daenerys' army's biggest concern could be internal issues.

I don't hate the Missandei/Grey Worm thing but I thought that scene was the only low point of that episode. It dragged on way too long and got kind of weird. I'll be surprised if Grey Worm ever makes it back to her now.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick comments. I did not like the sea battle. The filming of it. Way too dark. Did not like the way it ended at all.

Loved the Sam and Jorah moment. This was huge personal growth for Sam. In the old days, he would have acquiesced to the Maester. Now he is channeling his inner Jon and doing what he thinks is right.

I will reserve judgement on the Arya scene. Seemed lame, but I do not believe for a second that is the last we see of her friend.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick comments. I did not like the sea battle. The filming of it. Way too dark. Did not like the way it ended at all.

Loved the Sam and Jorah moment. This was huge personal growth for Sam. In the old days, he would have acquiesced to the Maester. Now he is channeling his inner Jon and doing what he thinks is right.

I will reserve judgement on the Arya scene. Seemed lame, but I do not believe for a second that is the last we see of her friend.

I thought the sea battle was full of chaos and hard to follow which made it realistic in how it was won so quickly. It was a good episode as was the last one. I hope they don't build too much as we on,y have 6 episodes left until a 2 year break

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things were going too smoothly, you knew it would get rockier. With Jon heading South I anticipate Littlefinger going all out with his powers of manipulation on Sansa.

I expect at least 2, possibly all of the dragons getting whacked. Will make the White Walker battle that much tougher.

So who runs Dorne now? Does Cersei hand it over to Euron? Are the people of Dorne totally against the Lannisters?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bronn has any interaction with the Sand Snake. They seemed to have an interesting interaction or two back in season 5.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the sea battle was full of chaos and hard to follow which made it realistic in how it was won so quickly. It was a good episode as was the last one. I hope they don't build too much as we on,y have 6 episodes left until a 2 year break

I wasnt a big fan of this sea battle either ... but mostly because imo, there was no way it could come close to the Battle of Blackwater episode :noidea: