• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- I wanted to see more of a battle for Olennas home
- I guess now that Cersai has her home she has her money now
- they are rushing a lot now to get through with shorter seasons.
- I really liked this episode as well.
- Dany really is over confident especially with her dragons.
- is grey worm now surrounded?
- how will Mormont come into play now that's he's healed?
- man Huron is funny and vicious, I feel sorry for his sister but wish he had Theon instead
- "This is Jon Snow........King of the north" lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Jaime cared much for Joffrey as he did Tommen and Myrcella for a few reasons. I think the reason he was so emotional about hearing it was Olenna that poisoned him was because Tyrion was framed for it.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all the above comments.

Did you see the reaction by Littlefinger when the Maester said that the old Maester (Luwin?) kept copies of ALL messages? I vaguely recall in Season 1 that Catelyn received at least one message from her sister. What could those old messages contain, Lord Baelisch????

That, plus Bran's return, has to mean that LF will make an attempt on Bran soon. LF will see Bran as a threat to Sansa as the head of the Stark family. And LF probably does not know or believe it, but as the three eyed raven, Bran knows exactly who organized the assassination attempt on Bran in Season 1. LF is not long for this world . . .

The writers are moving this along FAST now (yay!). And OMG, the lines they give Euron are classics. An Emmy to the writers for this alone.

So how does this Season end? I heard that the actress who plays Cersei is signed on for Season 8. My guess is Danerys finally "wins" at the end of this Season, with Cersei hiding out on Euron's ship and they sail off to parts unknown. My guess is they sail North and try to join forces with the Night King.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- man Huron is funny and vicious, I feel sorry for his sister but wish he had Theon instead

Good stuff, Mattola.

They did mention this in the extra 5 minute explanation of the episode on HBO Go. The writers said that while it would have been great to put this in, they have a lot of battles this season, and so they had to make choices about which ones to show in detail, in short, or not at all. I think one of them said since the Tyrells are not known for fighting, it wouldn't have been a very good battle. Hahaha.

I did really like the invasion of Casterly Rock and the way they showed the battle unfolding with the strategic discussion going on at Dragonstone overlaying it. I thought that was REALLY well shot and executed.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked it except for the 3 eyed raven stuff.

I liked Sam's part of the story.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does this Season end? I heard that the actress who plays Cersei is signed on for Season 8. My guess is Danerys finally "wins" at the end of this Season, with Cersei hiding out on Euron's ship and they sail off to parts unknown. My guess is they sail North and try to join forces with the Night King.

is Bran warging a dead Jon Snow?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, Mattola.

They did mention this in the extra 5 minute explanation of the episode on HBO Go. The writers said that while it would have been great to put this in, they have a lot of battles this season, and so they had to make choices about which ones to show in detail, in short, or not at all. I think one of them said since the Tyrells are not known for fighting, it wouldn't have been a very good battle. Hahaha.

I did really like the invasion of Casterly Rock and the way they showed the battle unfolding with the strategic discussion going on at Dragonstone overlaying it. I thought that was REALLY well shot and executed.

Makes sense

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bran looked like hes hitting the bong hard hey?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is Bran warging a dead Jon Snow?

will Bran wary a dead Hodor?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BGDave ... forgive me for UNMASKING your spoiler but how does one go about joining forces with the Night King

"hey buddy I was hoping we could join forc ..."
Night King gives yah one of these :noidea:
rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2Fd6d4f4b2-ab39-4435-80d8-780b549057d7.png

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If hockey players starred in Game Of Thrones":

Casting Call:

Night King - Sidney Crosby
Sam Tarly - Phil Kessel

can't decide on Jon Snow. Got it down to 2

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked it except for the 3 eyed raven stuff.

I liked Sam's part of the story.

Yeah, agree. Great episode all around. The reunion of Sansa and Bran was awesome, especially how Sansa just broke down after seeing him right after being like "god damn it, get some leather on that shit!" And then her horror at realizing Bran knew what happened to her. Great Sansa episode.

But one part of their dialogue annoyed me:
Sansa: How do you know all this?
Bran: The three-eyed raven taught me.
Sansa: I thought you were the three-eyed Raven.
Bran: I told you it's difficult to explain.

Uh, no it isn't.

Bran: I am now. The previous raven died, so now it's me.

That's really not a lengthy explanation! Haha. Especially given the world they are in, someone would be like, "oh yeah, that kind of thing happens every week in Westeros. Say no more, kind sir!"

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran: I am now. The previous raven died, so now it's me.

Sansa: I never was the brightest Stark child, but shouldn't someone with, oh I dunno, wings be the next raven? :noidea:

See how hard it gets to explain?

/but actually, yeah I agree. If the conversation continued any longer, they would need an entire episode dedicated just to the Bran download. They had to cut it off somewhere, but it was a bit forced. They will probably do a thing for the next couple of episodes where Bran drops a little knowledge on someone, then goes silent again.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sort of? One on one I think the unsullied destroy the Iron Born. It's like Jaime said, now he has to travel across Westeros to link back up with her, basically Dany's forces are split in half.

I wonder if Jorah meets up with Grey Worm? He's in Old Town which I believe is near Highgarden.