• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of? One on one I think the unsullied destroy the Iron Born. It's like Jaime said, now he has to travel across Westeros to link back up with her, basically Dany's forces are split in half.

I wonder if Jorah meets up with Grey Worm? He's in Old Town which I believe is near Highgarden.

Jamie has to take the Tyrell gold back to Kings Landing. That is his next move. That moves him closer to Dragons and Unsullied, but farther away from Grey Worm. If GW chases Jamie's tail while Dany launches her forces towards Kings Landing, Jamie is caught in between the two. Tactically, they need to do this before Jamie reaches Kings Landing.

Jorah is in an interesting situation. He wants to make a bee line for his lady love, but that route takes him right through the heart of the battle. Does he show up and help win the day for Team Fire? How awesome would that scene be when he explains to Dany that he found his cure at the hands of Sam Tyrell, and Jon beams like the proud daddy Sam never had!

Finally, Euron. His navy is marginalized if/when the battle moves inland. I see his next important role is to help Cersei escape the Sack of the Capital, sailing for parts unknown.

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie has to take the Tyrell gold back to Kings Landing. That is his next move. That moves him closer to Dragons and Unsullied, but farther away from Grey Worm. If GW chases Jamie's tail while Dany launches her forces towards Kings Landing, Jamie is caught in between the two. Tactically, they need to do this before Jamie reaches Kings Landing.

Jorah is in an interesting situation. He wants to make a bee line for his lady love, but that route takes him right through the heart of the battle. Does he show up and help win the day for Team Fire? How awesome would that scene be when he explains to Dany that he found his cure at the hands of Sam Tyrell, and Jon beams like the proud daddy Sam never had!

Finally, Euron. His navy is marginalized if/when the battle moves inland. I see his next important role is to help Cersei escape the Sack of the Capital, sailing for parts unknown.

Map_Westeros_Political.gif
It depends on which way they take. A lot of the direct roads back are toll roads. With money the way it is Jaime might take a different route. Plus a lot of other routes are more scenic.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude from the Iron Bank (played by Mycroft Holmes) is really Jaqen???

Trust me, there are much closer ties between the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men then has been made known. Yet.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode! I'm sure nitpickers will mention a few things at the end (where did Bronn come from? How did the lake get so deep suddenly....alright I guess I just did), but that was fantastic!

Is it just me or did Daenerys seem like the antagonist in that last sequence? They didn't give her a line, had her go up against fan favorite Bronn, semi fan favorite Jaime, and they even built up Sam's brother a bit to be a likeable guy. Not to mention she ignored the advice of the 2 other main protagonists. She seems like she could pull an Episode 3 Anakin Skywalker and turn to the dark side! I don't see it happening but would love it if she did.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When that one dothraki said to Tyrion "your people can't fight" I wanted him to say "fucker do you not see that dragon?"

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention she ignored the advice of the 2 other main protagonists.

My first reaction as well. But I think the justification is "she was advised not to sack Kings Landing, and the innocent people there". They did not advise her to "stay away from paid professionals aka armies." :noidea:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Sansa-Arya reunion. I thought it was well written and acted. Both have changed so much since Season 1 and Kings Landing, but when they first meet, they default to their last memories of each other. Totally correct. Eventually they hug it out. Awesome. And Littlefinger thinks he has everything right where he wants it. He has no idea what Arya is capable of, and is just getting a glimpse of what Bran knows or might know. The Winterfell scenes may be short on excitement, but will be long on drama and suspense!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling that if Jon did not hold back, the Ironborn would not have moved a muscle to help Theon?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple more random thoughts

• Just looked and next week's episode is "Eastwatch".
  • We are teed up nicely for the return of Daario and the third betrayal of Danerys.
  • I expect Episode 6 to be named "Sellswords". More than one is about to prove true to their inner being.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice the chalk all over Jon's hands when he showed Danery the "ancient" cave drawings?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode! I'm sure nitpickers will mention a few things at the end (where did Bronn come from? How did the lake get so deep suddenly....alright I guess I just did), but that was fantastic!

Is it just me or did Daenerys seem like the antagonist in that last sequence? They didn't give her a line, had her go up against fan favorite Bronn, semi fan favorite Jaime, and they even built up Sam's brother a bit to be a likeable guy. Not to mention she ignored the advice of the 2 other main protagonists. She seems like she could pull an Episode 3 Anakin Skywalker and turn to the dark side! I don't see it happening but would love it if she did.

Oh yeah, I thought it felt like that. At the same time the use of the dragon didn't seem "fair" and I wanted it stopped but I also didn't want it to be killed.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple more random thoughts

• Just looked and next week's episode is "Eastwatch".
  • We are teed up nicely for the return of Daario and the third betrayal of Danerys.
  • I expect Episode 6 to be named "Sellswords". More than one is about to prove true to their inner being.

I dunno, Daario cut off the heads of the other Second Sons leaders to join up with Dany, you think he'd cave?