• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL OT: Which is Worse? 2016 Warriors, 2007 Patriots, or Yankees 2004 ALCS?

Which is Worse?

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about hindsight. In most golf collapses if a player only knew. They could likely just go with irons, 3W or 5W which are pretty safe clubs for a pro. But, ego takes over. They feel they're playing great, don't want to chance not being aggressive, wanting to make that one last memorable shot. Then, BAM! out of nowhere lost championship.

I want to play a round just using say a 7I, wedges and putter to see how I do compared to a full bag of clubs? Not in a 3 club tourney just during an actual round. I bet I score about the same. Damn ego.

We actually have our kids for golf practice do that. A few of them actually score better. Everybody wants to drive it 350 these days and don't understand why they spend the whole day playing from the trees.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still put it behind the Warriors since it wasn't in the finals. Pats 3rd since it was one game and anythign can happen in one game
This post should count for at least double points. It's coming from a NY fan. Good on you sir:suds:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post should count for at least double points. It's coming from a NY fan. Good on you sir:suds:

The truth is the truth. Now had the Yanks blown it in 1998 to the Padres that would have blown all of these out of the water. That team was ridiculous

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually have our kids for golf practice do that. A few of them actually score better. Everybody wants to drive it 350 these days and don't understand why they spend the whole day playing from the trees.
I'll have to give it a try. Just not sure when I'll get the chance? I'm traveling quite a bit for the rest of the FY. October starts getting wet in the NW so even though I play during inclement weather I think I have to wait for good weather to try this? Work sucks, keeps getting in the way of my recreation and drinking:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to give it a try. Just not sure when I'll get the chance? I'm traveling quite a bit for the rest of the FY. October starts getting wet in the NW so even though I play during inclement weather I think I have to wait for good weather to try this? Work sucks, keeps getting in the way of my recreation and drinking:D

Understand. After State Golf got over this year I haven't touched a golf club since just trying to catch up on all my work. Have a couple of tournaments coming up over the next few weeks though so might actually have to swing a club and get back in the groove. Was playing some of my best golf in the past 10 years this past spring so hopefully that hasn't completely gone away.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand. After State Golf got over this year I haven't touched a golf club since just trying to catch up on all my work. Have a couple of tournaments coming up over the next few weeks though so might actually have to swing a club and get back in the groove. Was playing some of my best golf in the past 10 years this past spring so hopefully that hasn't completely gone away.
Good luck. Before someone chimes in about being off topic. GS for sure the more I think about it and read the other posts. :lol:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck. Before someone chimes in about being off topic. GS for sure the more I think about it and read the other posts. :lol:
Haha thanks. Yeah I kind of figure this time of year most football posts are going to get off topic pretty quickly since well there is not a whole lot of football to actually talk about and usually this board gets a little weird without any kind of football news.

GS for me wasn't all that unexpected. They showed the series before this one that they were wearing down so the longer this series against the Cavs extended the more I figured the Cavs would really show up big. GS was way too focused on getting the regular season award for wins that I do think it cost them the Championship.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much @handicappers wagered today on the Cavs winning it all:noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about hindsight. In most golf collapses if a player only knew. They could likely just go with irons, 3W or 5W which are pretty safe clubs for a pro. But, ego takes over. They feel they're playing great, don't want to chance not being aggressive, wanting to make that one last memorable shot. Then, BAM! out of nowhere lost championship.

I want to play a round just using say a 7I, wedges and putter to see how I do compared to a full bag of clubs? Not in a 3 club tourney just during an actual round. I bet I score about the same. Damn ego.

Most of the time these pro collapses couple bad swings with bad decisions...Van De Velde and Phil are notable for that...imo one of the bigger chokes, truly a choke was Scott Hoch missing that 2' putt for par...eery that Faldo was the recipient of two green jackets on choke jobs.

10 index...I've played the forward tees once at my home course...the track (par 71) is not very long (6600) from the tips, but, it's tight on the front 9 especially wit a lot of white stakes and hazards...most of the time I play blue about 6300...scoring 80 to 85, breaking 80 about once every 15 rounds there it seems...forward tees are about 4700...I didn't hit a driver all day, 3w a couple of times, mostly 5I and 7I off the tees, did not lose a ball, shot 76 or something...most of my problem is short game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time these pro collapses couple bad swings with bad decisions...Van De Velde and Phil are notable for that...imo one of the bigger chokes, truly a choke was Scott Hoch missing that 2' putt for par...eery that Faldo was the recipient of two green jackets on choke jobs.

10 index...I've played the forward tees once at my home course...the track (par 71) is not very long (6600) from the tips, but, it's tight on the front 9 especially wit a lot of white stakes and hazards...most of the time I play blue about 6300...scoring 80 to 85, breaking 80 about once every 15 rounds there it seems...forward tees are about 4700...I didn't hit a driver all day, 3w a couple of times, mostly 5I and 7I off the tees, did not lose a ball, shot 76 or something...most of my problem is short game.
Yeah I think leaving the driver and for me the3W in the bag could net me some lower scores unless the hole is wide open.
My game is so finicky. Always seems if I'm straight and long off the tees, either my fairway game or short irons struggle. Or vice versa. I seem to get the yips and it takes half the day to cure. I'm pretty consistent with the flat stick. I don't play many short courses. Maybe I need to because my best rounds have been 90. Can't seem to break into the 80's. I need to move to an area with less rain so I can get out more. I just got back from Hawaii. Shot a 92 and a 94. It was windy as hell. But man I love playing in dry locations or those high desert courses. I'm pretty sure if I lived in a warm weather area I'd break into the 80s. NW golfing usually equals very little run for me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a horrible hole. He quadruple bogeyed #12. He then played the final 6 holes at 1 under and shot a 73. Hardly what I would call "falling apart".

I've done worse. I was playing the best round of my life and then banked one off a tree and into my ex-wife's temple on the 12th hole. She ended up in a medically induced coma for almost 3 days. Ended up being the worst day of my life...to this day I Still can't believe I triple bogeyed 18...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least 10 stacks of cheddar. 20 pack of Land O Lakes is too rich for his blood
Boom! He and hammer can now do one of those Ramen with cheese dinner dates. Hammer brings the noodle and handi brings the sauce.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done worse. I was playing the best round of my life and then banked one off a tree and into my ex-wife's temple on the 12th hole. She ended up in a medically induced coma for almost 3 days. Ended up being the worst day of my life...to this day I Still can't believe I triple bogeyed 18...
Is that why she's your ex?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted New England. The Pats were a fluke pass away from 19-0.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why she's your ex?

It was the quietest 3 days of our marriage...still can't believe I didn't clear the water with that 4 iron on 18 though...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the quietest 3 days of our marriage...still can't believe I didn't clear the water with that 4 iron on 18 though...

18 always seems to get the best of golfers. I remember I was winning a tournament by 1 stroke going into 18 and put 3 in the water. One of the low points of my golf career.