• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL OT: Which is Worse? 2016 Warriors, 2007 Patriots, or Yankees 2004 ALCS?

Which is Worse?

• Total voters

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Yankees should run away with this poll but I don't think enough people watch baseball here to understand the magnitude.
I'm not so sure about that. I get being down 0-3 against a bitter rival with the looming curse is an amazing feet to overcome, but I still think what happened to the Patriots is worse. Heck, the Yankees weren't even in the World Series.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2004 Yankees. They where 3 outs away twice of winning the series and blew it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the patriots for two reasons. I forgot just how close the yankees got to putting it away and I wanted to poke pat fans.

Both seems like legit reasons to me.

LOL @ the Patriots and their fans.

The worst in sports.

Eagles fans roll their eyes at Pats fans!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2004 Yankees. They where 3 outs away twice of winning the series and blew it.
I'll fully admit to screaming like a little girl when Dave Roberts was rounding third!

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess GS, because they blew the 3-1 lead, Pats a close 2nd, Yanks 3rd simply because it wasn't in the WS.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is about dominating teams not finishing with a title, then the Yankees-Red Sox ALCS doesn't apply.

Otherwise, a couple of others could be added:

First Spurs-Heat Finals, the Spurs were within six seconds of a title.
Texas Rangers-St. Louis Cardinals, the Rangers were one strike away from a World Series victory.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Inquisitor95

I didn't intend it to go that way, but often we remember what happens in the Finals, SB, WS, etc much more than what happens in say the ALDS for instance.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Inquisitor95

I didn't intend it to go that way, but often we remember what happens in the Finals, SB, WS, etc much more than what happens in say the ALDS for instance.

On the other hand, if you look at it as greatest deficit to overcome in any matchup or biggest lead blown, the Red Sox-Yankees would win easily.

In regards to miracle victories and gut-wrenching losses, our perceptions are affected by our fandom.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, if you look at it as greatest deficit to overcome in any matchup or biggest lead blown, the Red Sox-Yankees would win easily.

In regards to miracle victories and gut-wrenching losses, our perceptions are affected by our fandom.
Ultimately it's subjective of course, but it's the doldrums of the NFL offseason so why not at this point. Won't be until Late July until we get to see real live pads.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 are finals, one is a semi final. So gotta be Pats or GS. Plus baseball is a coin toss as to who wins. Sometimes you flip heads 4 times in a row.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73 wins and one game away from being known as the greatest team ever to play is the hands down winner for me.

All three were good, or make that bad actually, but since I don't put a ton of stock into the NBA reg season...73 is obviously all-time, but imo it doesn't carry as much weight as 18-0 and one game away from the SB.

FWIW...I picked the Cavs to win the series in 6....even down 3-1, I thought it might still get to game 7.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the other category? All of these are bad but, they're team sports. The worst IMO is the 1999 collapse of Jean Van De Velde in the Brittish open. He went into the last hole up three strokes. Triple bogied the hole and lost in a playoff. Unlike team sports you have no one to blame but yourself in golf. With the others, pundits will claim, refs, a certain play/player or injury caused the loss:doh:

For this poll I have to say GS losing 3 in a row, two at home is a terrible pill to swallow. The Skankees would've been my vote but it was the ALCS. As for the Pats see my pundit comment above:dhd:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the other category? All of these are bad but, they're team sports. The worst IMO is the 1999 collapse of Jean Van De Velde in the Brittish open. He went into the last hole up three strokes. Triple bogied the hole and lost in a playoff. Unlike team sports you have no one to blame but yourself in golf. With the others, pundits will claim, refs, a certain play/player or injury caused the loss:doh:

For this poll I have to say GS losing 3 in a row, two at home is a terrible pill to swallow. The Skankees would've been my vote but it was the ALCS. As for the Pats see my pundit comment above:dhd:

Ahh yeah that was a big one. I remember watching that live and it definitely just left you going "no way can he lose." A 3 stroke lead for a professional golfer on the final hole is about as sure fire as you get to that being a victory.

Jordan Spieth's collapse this past Masters has to be up there too. I mean considered at the time the best golfer in the entire world and the guy just completely fell apart.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good point- but I thought I was pushing it already comparing the single elimination NFL to the NBA, MLB, etc.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three were good, or make that bad actually, but since I don't put a ton of stock into the NBA reg season...73 is obviously all-time, but imo it doesn't carry as much weight as 18-0 and one game away from the SB.

FWIW...I picked the Cavs to win the series in 6....even down 3-1, I thought it might still get to game 7.
nice call...I lost money on the series.