• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Robin Williams dead

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Williams' daughter Zelda quits Twitter, abandons Instagram after being attacked by online trolls

:L

I really wish there was more investigation into this type of harassment/bullying.

It's people like this that make me worried for my kids. And why my daughter and son won't have facebook/twitter until they are adults. (If I can get my daughter to listen to what I say).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, this is what those shit stains were attacking.

“My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that’s gone, and I feel stripped bare. My last day with him was his birthday, and I will be forever grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter. He was always warm, even in his darkest moments. While I’ll never, ever understand how he could be loved so deeply and not find it in his heart to stay, there’s minor comfort in knowing our grief and loss, in some small way, is shared with millions. It doesn’t help the pain, but at least it’s a burden countless others now know we carry, and so many have offered to help lighten the load. Thank you for that.
To those he touched who are sending kind words, know that one of his favorite things in the world was to make you all laugh. As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after you’ve had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too…
Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls I’ve ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colorful and less full of laughter in his absence. We’ll just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again.”
— Zelda Williams

Somehow a flock of pooping pigeons doesn't seem enough.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish there was more investigation into this type of harassment/bullying.

It's people like this that make me worried for my kids. And why my daughter and son won't have facebook/twitter until they are adults. (If I can get my daughter to listen to what I say).

If I may... don't hide it from them, teach them how to handle it correctly. It's an extension of real life and if you wouldn't do or say it in a library or mall, don't do or say it online. Kids have a tendency to gravitate towards and over romanticize things their parents don't want them to have. Just stay involved and teach them how to use it responsibly. I also don't allow my kids to have a computing device behind a closed door. But that's probably just me...

And yeah, I wish there was more investigation into it too. It's not terribly hard. I do it every day, but only when someone threatens a corporation. No one protects ordinary people.

Well, unless those ordinary people are my kids. :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Apparently she has been battling these little fuckers for a while. This was a response to one of them a few months back:

I am not a ‘dyke’ or a ‘yid’. I’m not a man in drag nor a failed abortion. What I AM is someone who doesn’t have to put up with someone else’s shit and ‘take it’ like I keep being told. Sorry, despite how many times it’s parroted back at me from whichever other dipshit was heard saying it first, that is NOT my job, nor the job of any other human with a pair of lips and a middle finger. But seen as the insults have gotten further and further from the truth, it would appear the majority of you are grasping for straws, so let me help with that oh so favored and misused ‘comeback’ before it’s even been made: Freedom of Speech is your right, but what you’ve misunderstood on your punch drunk mission to make being an insufferable asshat excusable is that it does NOT protect you from someone telling you you’re a racist, bigoted, bored prick giddily looking for digital excitement beyond furiously masturbating and crying. It does NOT protect you from someone calling you out for being the skidmark on everyone else’s otherwise pristine day. You, my dear little asshole, do not automatically get a free pass for leaking all over the rest of the world without warning, reason, or even logic when they don’t know you or care to know you. I’m afraid the only thing it DOES protect you from, english speaking douchebags of the USA… … is the government suing you for being one

Glorious.

Signature line change incoming.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that, :lol: You might be the first ever.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching Aladdin, forgot how good this movie is. Robin Williams pretty much carries this film, it's impressive.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to remember where I heard it but recently I heard a story from a bartender serving a couple having a blind date. It was right after Robin died and the guy was sad about it, the woman wasnt and said she never found him funny. The bartender said the guy paid for both drinks then just got up and left.