• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Robin Williams dead

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in the middle of that battle, the last thing I wanted to hear was "But why? You have so much going for you"

I knew that. But I was just incapable of seeing it. That's what it does to you.

I've seen quite a few people say "how could he be depressed, he was so funny!". Funny does not equal happy. Just like Rich, Successful, Smart or good looking doesn't. Only happy equals happy. And it's hard to get to and stay there.

A large number of comedians are actually miserable.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large number of comedians are actually miserable.

I had read somewhere on the twitterverse (so not exactly a good source) that he had even spoken about the fact that he did standup, etc as a job...but it didn't make him happy. It's hard to imagine a man who brought such joy to so many people not being happy. It's cruel, in fact.

RE: Depression. It's one of the most complicated things for me. My roommate and best friend from college lost her father going into our junior year. And it just tore her apart. She suffered from depression, and watching her struggle and NO ONE understand her was just the most difficult thing in the world. As someone who is not depressed, I can't understand. I simply can't. It's not logical, and that's why people brush it off. Watching people say things like "she needs to move on with life" or "well, I lost my parent too, and I moved on and I'm fine" really got to her. She still has bad nights. She's called me before. It's just...it's very difficult. I tell her to call me at any hour of the day, and I'll answer. But the fact that listening is all I can do is SO frustrating. I just want to fix it...and I can't.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always preferred his more serious roles to his comedic roles (Good Morning Vietnam being the best of both worlds). Ugly divorce recently if I'm not mistaken (hence why he's in a Snickers commercial and that awful show with Sarah Michelle Gellar). I would imagine that played a big part in all of this.

The Crazy Ones was a good show... It never got a shot imo. But yes Good Morning Vietnam was one (if not the best) of the best movies he has made. But basically anything he touched he made it amazing!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Christopher Reeves had an amazing bond! Who ever made it first would support the other. He was the first person to make Reeves laugh when Reeves was in the hospital due to his terrible accident!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Christopher Reeves had an amazing bond! Who ever made it first would support the other. He was the first person to make Reeves laugh when Reeves was in the hospital due to his terrible accident!

And he paid for all his medical expenses, I've heard.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the ones that can't get people to laugh.

Chris Farley, John Belushi, Mitch Hedberg, Greg Giraldo, Drew Carey, Jim Carrey, Owen Wilson, and Richard Jeni.....

The list goes on and on.

A lot of celebs suffer from depression. Some might even surprise you. It's no laughing matter.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Farley, John Belushi, Mitch Hedberg, Greg Giraldo, Drew Carey, Jim Carrey, Owen Wilson, and Richard Jeni.....

The list goes on and on.

A lot of celebs suffer from depression. Some might even surprise you. It's no laughing matter.
You forgot to mention Lenny Bruce.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ohwell:

Bu7Jq5RIIAAlhTn.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Williams' daughter Zelda quits Twitter, abandons Instagram after being attacked by online trolls

:L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Williams' daughter Zelda quits Twitter, abandons Instagram after being attacked by online trolls

:L

wow

It would be great if artists like Robin Williams Phillip Seymour Hoffman lived on and people whose entire existence is to start shit online would be the ones killing themselves.