• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Live Crew rapper 'Fresh Kid Ice' dies - CNN.com

RIP...

EDIT: It is amazing how much controversy was around this band and yet today would be nothing.

I remember I was in a friends car, as we parked to go into School the asst principle (who was parking the cars) saw that cassette on his dash board. We all got detention for having possession of that cassette on school property.

Well, Tipper Gore said that 2 Live Crew lyrics caused women to get raped. Has that been proven wrong? Don't think so smartypants

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 67 year old woman in question immediately called this fake news

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a robot in D.C., suicide would be on my list of options.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a poll on MSN yesterday asking questions like "Would you be comfortable with a boss of a different sex?" and "Are you comfortable with coworkers of a different sex?".

In 2017?

Is this what dumbass Pence gets us? "Major" "news" "organizations" asking "us" stuff like this?

You know what, surround me with all women in the workplace. That way when the zombie or russian apocalypse takes place, I can hide with my women. Who cares if they are pretty or not, they are better looking than Jenkins (from accounts payable).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next great technological breakthrough needs to be teaching robots how to swim.

"Where's the security robot?"

"I don't know, I was just telling it we might be sending it to the Philly office".

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still better than the last time they tried to make security robots

choppingmall7.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a poll on MSN yesterday asking questions like "Would you be comfortable with a boss of a different sex?" and "Are you comfortable with coworkers of a different sex?".

In 2017?

Is this what dumbass Pence gets us? "Major" "news" "organizations" asking "us" stuff like this?

You know what, surround me with all women in the workplace. That way when the zombie or russian apocalypse takes place, I can hide with my women. Who cares if they are pretty or not, they are better looking than Jenkins (from accounts payable).

Seriously, Jenkins is a 6 on his best day.

Comeds replied to the survey with "Not only am I comfortable working with members of any sex, but I enjoy working with horses." MSN requested he stop e-mailing his responses to survey questions, and just click "Yes" or "No" like everybody else.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Jenkins is a 6 on his best day.

Comeds replied to the survey with "Not only am I comfortable working with members of any sex, but I enjoy working with horses." MSN requested he stop e-mailing his responses to survey questions, and just click "Yes" or "No" like everybody else.

Some things require more than yes or no.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life is hard sometimes.

There is a local high school powerhouse team that has been my son's team's main rivals as long as anyone can remember. My son has played with 13 kids on that team over years past on teams I coached. I know these boys too. Last Thursday, he played in a scrimmage against them and won 11-4. Lots of hugs and laughs in the handshake line afterward. Solid hard game and a lot of chirping about the next scrimmage which is tonight. The scrimmage and summer league games against this team are always an event. The fact that we beat them in the CBJ Cup final last year was the highlight of the year last year.

Thing is, in the meantime between that scrimmage and tonight, one of the defensemen on that team and his girlfriend, who is the daughter of a former Columbus Chill player that is good friends with my son's coach, died in a car accident. They shook hands on Thursday, and by Monday night, he was gone. And while he wasn't one of the ones my son had played with in the past, my son is having a hard time with it.

Two years ago, a freshman playing for my son's team died suddenly in his sleep due to an undetected heart defect. He was a year older than my son, and we really only knew him in passing. My son wasn't in high school yet. But the rest of his team knew him, and played with him. My son remarked a few times this past season about the way Thomas' memory hung over the team. How he felt it everywhere.

So tonight, we scrimmage as planned. And it isn't going to be easy. But being a group of young men (and parents) who have been touched by loss, our team is going to host a dinner for this other team after the scrimmage. These boys all know each other. They will be there to support and console. Us parents too.

RIP, Gavin and Hunter.

Thomas, look out for them up there, will you? And don't let them forget the hat trick you scored against them...

They are still rivals, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.