• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

O's trade Jim Johnson for...Jemile Weeks

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the Nyy overpay for people..plus it probably takes them out of the Cano bidding. I trust DD will make some smart moves within what Peter gives him to spend. Maybe now they bring back McLouth and still add some type of big bat.

I guess the obvious question is why wouldn't you bring back McClouth?

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the obvious question is why wouldn't you bring back McClouth?

They thought he may price them out but now maybe its more likely. He Reimold and the uuuu.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClouth, rReimold, and the uuuuuuu = the exact same team as this year! minus a good closer! and plus a shitty second baseman.

Enough is enough.

Make a fucking move already to actually improve the O's.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClouth, rReimold, and the uuuuuuu = the exact same team as this year! minus a good closer! and plus a shitty second baseman.

Enough is enough.

Make a fucking move already to actually improve the O's.
The exact same team that was 5th in baseball in runs scored. I don't mind trading Johnson. I wouldn't want to pay that much for him. That money could be used to improve the team elsewhere.

What move would you like to see the Orioles make? Who do you want them to bring in?

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles sign Ryan Webb to a 2 year deal. He's a similar pitcher to Jim Johnson but a lot cheaper.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exact same team that was 5th in baseball in runs scored
Do you REALLY think they will match that output with the roster they have right now??? I'd be willing to bet my mortgage that Chris Davis will not repeat his stats from 2013 and who knows how Manny will be when he comes back. Adam Jones was pretty much the only guy to repeat his stats from 2012 to 2013. Of course on the other hand, Markakis had an awful year so he may bounce back (though I am extremely pessimistic about that, not to mention his ridiculous contact for a OF who hits MAYBE 15 HRs in a season). I just don't see it...

The thing is, we say this EVERY SINGLE OFFSEASON. I saw a quote earlier today about the O's "spending" (acquisitions/trades) during offseasons. To paraphrase, they seem to make the same type of moves whether or not they are coming off of a 70-win season or 90-95-win season. So long as that asshole is running the team, we will NOT be competitive when it counts...

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you REALLY think they will match that output with the roster they have right now??? I'd be willing to bet my mortgage that Chris Davis will not repeat his stats from 2013 and who knows how Manny will be when he comes back. Adam Jones was pretty much the only guy to repeat his stats from 2012 to 2013. Of course on the other hand, Markakis had an awful year so he may bounce back (though I am extremely pessimistic about that, not to mention his ridiculous contact for a OF who hits MAYBE 15 HRs in a season). I just don't see it...

The thing is, we say this EVERY SINGLE OFFSEASON. I saw a quote earlier today about the O's "spending" (acquisitions/trades) during offseasons. To paraphrase, they seem to make the same type of moves whether or not they are coming off of a 70-win season or 90-95-win season. So long as that asshole is running the team, we will NOT be competitive when it counts...
I don't see why they can't be just as productive. Jones and Davis are in their prime years. Machado has a full year under his belt and should get better. If DD gets a DH like he says he will, there's no reason this team can't be just as productive as last year.

This team will not be a big spender in the free agent market. They need to be built through the farm system like the Cardinals and Rays. You need a strong 40 man roster, not just 1 through 26.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exact same team that was 5th in baseball in runs scored. I don't mind trading Johnson. I wouldn't want to pay that much for him. That money could be used to improve the team elsewhere.

What move would you like to see the Orioles make? Who do you want them to bring in?

They were fifth in runs scored relying almost exclusively on the long ball.

They desperately need a high OBP lead off hitter, a DH, and at least one or two top notch starters.

Johnson for weeks makes the orioles worse, not better.

Ellsbury would have been a perfect signing, and I'm sorry, but Nelson Cruz does not.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp McLouths gone down the beltway..wonder if they go after Choo seriously.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were fifth in runs scored relying almost exclusively on the long ball.

They desperately need a high OBP lead off hitter, a DH, and at least one or two top notch starters.

Johnson for weeks makes the orioles worse, not better.

Ellsbury would have been a perfect signing, and I'm sorry, but Nelson Cruz does not.
They did rely on the long ball last year. The team is still going to hit hit a lot of HR's next season also.

I agree they need a good lead off man. OBP needs to improve all around. I would like to see a high end starter added. I just think they are holding out for Gausman and/or Bundy to be that guy.

Johnson is not worth his contract, IMO. I'll wait to see who will be the closer before I say if this was a bad deal.

That's a lot of money and years to give to Ellsbury. I think the Yankees overpaid for him.

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade. Johnson: 5 batters, 1 out, 2 runs, Loss.

Moneyball guy broke his own rule about not overpaying for a closer.

Nelson Cruz game-winning HR. Let's see how Balfour does.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade. Johnson: 5 batters, 1 out, 2 runs, Loss.

Moneyball guy broke his own rule about not overpaying for a closer.

Nelson Cruz game-winning HR. Let's see how Balfour does.

life of a groundball pitcher the 2 hits was groundballs . if they are at someone dp but the bb and hbp is on jj . he doesn't have the D that baltimore put on the field day in and day out . there will be days where even britton the ball will find the hole and then there will be days they find the gloves . just keep the dam ball in the park and give them a chance .

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the walk/hbp...it's the fact that it's the leadoff hitter...putting the first guy on statistics say more times than not will score...jj hasn't been the same pitcher since he costed us the series in the playoffs against the yanks

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the hoes has taken cc deep . stros up 6 -0 in 2nd Feldman on the mound . go stros

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Johnson I couldn't help but cringe a little and thank we don't have to endure that anymore. Not that we might not with Hunter but we'll see.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch..those poor A's