• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon Trying To Kill Their Players

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds to me like it was less about the coaches pushing and more about the players pushing themselves, not being ready for this. which goes along with prior reports that some players were slacking when it came to weights and workouts. which then translated on the field.

To be fair, they were talking about this on Dan Patrick this morning and it sounds like exactly what you said. There were trainers there if the players needed them, but who wants to be "that guy"?

One of the points made was that this was the first season since like 2004 or something, that Oregon didn't have a bowl game to prepare for. So you had the whole team with over a month off from football activities. I'm sure many of them just spent the time relaxing, hanging with friends and basically not doing any kind of workouts.

Then they jump right into it and in football, the culture is to push yourself as hard as possible/exceed your limits. With teammates there pushing each other, it's a little surprising that there were only 3 guys that had this happen.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they were talking about this on Dan Patrick this morning and it sounds like exactly what you said. There were trainers there if the players needed them, but who wants to be "that guy"?

One of the points made was that this was the first season since like 2004 or something, that Oregon didn't have a bowl game to prepare for. So you had the whole team with over a month off from football activities. I'm sure many of them just spent the time relaxing, hanging with friends and basically not doing any kind of workouts.

Then they jump right into it and in football, the culture is to push yourself as hard as possible/exceed your limits. With teammates there pushing each other, it's a little surprising that there were only 3 guys that had this happen.
3 extreme cases. there were a couple other guys that had minor symptoms as well.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile. ...... At OD's. ........
cy2HIHl.gif

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 extreme cases. there were a couple other guys that had minor symptoms as well.

I've yet to see a number placed on how many saw discolored urine and/or elevated creatine kinase levels, have you?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry im one of those be responsible for your own actions in your own life kind of people. I don't blame others for things I control.

Kids? they are old enough to fight for our country right?

LB La'Mar Winston JR when asked how he is and the hard work answers he is Better than ever! he loves it
His major listed as Human Physiology

LB Troy Dye tweeting response to Joe Thomas who called for S&C coach to be fired asked "Is this guy serious?"
First of all, at my age I see anyone under 30 as kids so yeah I'll call college kids kids thank you.

Second, that staff is responsible for those kids and their training. Period. It is what they were hired to do and really their ONLY job. Ensuring they are training to the max as safely as possible. If that's not their job then what the fuck are they paid for?

And last, what the hell do you expect the kids to say to the media? I'd be stunned if any of them said that it was too hard of a work out. They'd be laughed out of the building by pretty much everyone. Of course they are going to say they love it and it wasn't too much! There literally isn't any other response I'd expect no matter how bad it was. By definition football players are macho and why on earth would you expect them not to say they enjoyed the program and it was easy for them? :L

By your own words at least 5 kids had some sort of issue with this program and 3 have serious injuries from it. Suggesting each of these kids should have been able to identify themselves where that level of doing too much is defies logic and any reasonable understanding of how work outs at that level operate. No kid is going to stop and ask for a trainer or a break. They simply aren't. It's up to the staff to identify what each kids needs are and what each of their abilities are and make a program specifically for each one. It's in the NCAA bylaws. Look it up.

Oregon failed to do that. Looks really bad for this new staff. I didn't say they should go to jail, but they should fully admit their faults in this, pay whatever fines there are for putting these kids at risk the way they did, and put safeguards in place to ensure no other kid has to suffer from their incompetence again.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no excuse for three players to end up hospitalized in this day and age. What parent would want their kid to play in a fvked up program like Oregon.

According to other players on the team, the workout wasn't that bad.

I guess we found out who has been cutting corners on workouts.

SeeYouNT

Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy is just one more pos in a long line of pos at Oregon. From r*pe to paying for recruits to this shit.
paying recruits? WTF?

I think you have Oregon confused with Washington, buddy.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is working them like Nike works those kids in those sweatshops overseas? Those kids bust their ass for like 9 cents an hour, least Oregon can do is not look like a bitch compared to the people making their products.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paying recruits? WTF?

I think you have Oregon confused with Washington, buddy.
Paying Willie Lyles is more like it. Fact of the matter is Oregon sports is spawned from the deep dark depths of hell. The PAC would be better off if Eugene was nuked off the face of this planet.

NCAA determines Oregon, Kelly failed to monitor football program

Two Oregon Ducks football players under investigation for sexual assault

Oregon Finds 3 Basketball Players Guilty Of Sexual Assault, Will Remove Them From Campus | The Huffington Post

Another College Blight: The Scandal at Oregon

This man was sent from God with the mission to send Oregon back behind the gates of Hell.

ec15910eed.jpg

And he's doing a decent job by the looks of it.

ec1d2581be.jpg

Last edited:

SeeYouNT

Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a lot different than paying players now isn't it?

Washington, on the other hand, was paying players under Don James' watch.

Oh, and by the way, your hero Chris peterson has a losing record to Mark Helfrich. :laugh:

Now, do the world a favor and go play in traffic, fuck face.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the players are OK.

But there were reports that players missed conditioning and would skip workouts last year under Helfrich. They probably came back and the new staff is more ontop of these things and monitored the players and they weren't ready to workout so hard.

This is more from the Helfrich coaching staff issue then Taggarts. Helfrich did not prepare these guys.