• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible hire.

Dohrion needs any help he can get though. So... baby steps???

Pathetic though.
Hey he will be able to scout and bring in all the best players from Saint Cloud State!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I guess we will now call the left faceoff circle the "Doctor's Office"

Very cool. I had no idea he was even pursuing it.
What does this have to do with Mark Recchi???

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I was. But it is certainly a bonus to me that the Leafs are the team has sucked ass for close to 20 years (being generous here).

But I do apologize for being the first person to post a fact that is unflattering to another team. I'll try to be better.

It's funny because I had a (funny) response to this. And then I didn't swing by here for a while, and in the meantime something happened that has enabled me to just save that response for another time :laugh3:

1626613372950.png

(but I do still have to say, you did seem to transition pretty quickly from "who's bragging about coming to 2nd?" to "so what if I'm bragging about coming in 2nd, you wish you could brag about 2nd!")

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I guess we will now call the left faceoff circle the "Doctor's Office"

Very cool. I had no idea he was even pursuing it.

He didn't run his plans by me either :wink:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in society who really cares?

I think we're trying to get to the point where this isn't news. The NHL is still stuck in the 1950s in my opinion and has a long way to go as far as catching up to mainstream society is concerned.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
At this point in society who really cares?
In Nashville (and Alberta for that matter)... I'm sure a heck of a lot of people.
the fact that it's 2021 and this is the first guy with an NHL contract to come out tells you that we still have a long way to go until no one cares.

Hopefully this helps break the ice where for most of the next generation no one cares.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Nashville (and Alberta for that matter)... I'm sure a heck of a lot of people.
the fact that it's 2021 and this is the first guy with an NHL contract to come out tells you that we still have a long way to go until no one cares.

Hopefully this helps break the ice where for most of the next generation no one cares.

Honestly Puckhead hit the nail on the head.

The fact i got 5 news alerts saying this means that we still have a ways to go.

The fact that one was CBC and another was NHL says we have ways to go.

We are not at that "pish" point but this is a step in the right direction

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
All the answers to my question other then this one I can agree with. And to me it was a honest question, because I don't care.

What someone chooses to do in their own bedroom is their own business unless it involves animals or kids IMO.

fwiw, there are two reasons I care, the second one most important:

1) Reduces the stigma, so the next person doesn't have to worry about being the first
2) I am 100% sure there are a ton of young people in sports who feel like they don't belong. This is a crucial step towards changing that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the answers to my question other then this one I can agree with. And to me it was a honest question, because I don't care.

What someone chooses to do in their own bedroom is their own business unless it involves animals or kids IMO.
Thats fine … you dont care … but to ask “who cares?” … do you see that a lot of people do indeed care yet ???

There are kids out there struggling with their identity and the minor hockey machine, for as much as they talk a good game of inclusivity, is no where near that … this news could help many kids be ok with who they are :noidea:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine … you dont care … but to ask “who cares?” … do you see that a lot of people do indeed care yet ???

There are kids out there struggling with their identity and the minor hockey machine, for as much as they talk a good game of inclusivity, is no where near that … this news could help many kids be ok with who they are :noidea:

I have read the answers on here and have hit like on them all except for the tweet that you posted. They are all honest answers to a honest question. And in those answers are reason why I should care still. I can get behind those answers and support them. I can say that there are people that still need to care and people that still need to be educated ( as I was ). My nephew is gay, his brother is not. One plays sports the other doesn't. The gay one has found his place in the world and is accepted by our family and the people he surrounds himself with. My SIL is gay she is accepted my our family and the people she surrounds herself with. Unfortunately for me none of the LBGTQ people I knew plays sports, so I need a little more educating on the subject.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read the answers on here and have hit like on them all except for the tweet that you posted. They are all honest answers to a honest question. And in those answers are reason why I should care still. I can get behind those answers and support them. I can say that there are people that still need to care and people that still need to be educated ( as I was ). My nephew is gay, his brother is not. One plays sports the other doesn't. The gay one has found his place in the world and is accepted by our family and the people he surrounds himself with. My SIL is gay she is accepted my our family and the people she surrounds herself with. Unfortunately for me none of the LBGTQ people I knew plays sports, so I need a little more educating on the subject.
Personally i feel the tweet from “Shane from Burnaby” that i posted on here is the most honest answer/observation because Shane is gay :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about Pineapple on Pizza?
fwiw, there are two reasons I care, the second one most important:

1) Reduces the stigma, so the next person doesn't have to worry about being the first
2) I am 100% sure there are a ton of young people in sports who feel like they don't belong. This is a crucial step towards changing that.
And considering how quickly the f---ot slur comes out of some players' mouths in games that isn't surprising.

The next NHL Megastar could right now be considering quitting hockey to not have to deal with it. That kid now has a lifeline.

If you can play, you can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.