• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's quite the payment for Johansen. I wouldn't have given that much (I would have give him 6 yrs. at 7 million per)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is what this is about lol, the democracy you are going on about starts with the player wanting to earn his way to the league he chooses to play knowing their rules for deployment. If he doesn't like the chances of where he's going to play then he needs to choose another league altogether where he doesn't have to be drafted or another profession outright. Going in they all know the chances of going to other teams, it's their choice for that. Free Choice. If you don't like the rules, go play somewhere else

Right, I forgot our democracies don't allow free movement of labour.

:L

Do you just want it to go back to the old days where Montreal and Toronto got all the best players ?

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody got this tattoo...

Insert McDavid Photoshop for the tattoo 5 years from now:

1297452553125_ORIGINAL.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is what this is about lol, the democracy you are going on about starts with the player wanting to earn his way to the league he chooses to play knowing their rules for deployment. If he doesn't like the chances of where he's going to play then he needs to choose another league altogether where he doesn't have to be drafted or another profession outright. Going in they all know the chances of going to other teams, it's their choice for that. Free Choice. If you don't like the rules, go play somewhere else

Do you just want it to go back to the old days where Montreal and Toronto got all the best players ?

Wasn't that more about the specific territorial rules that were in place back then though? That seems to me to be a separate issue/action, in the same way that I wouldn't assume that someone who doesn't approve of Affirmative Action wants to re-instate Jim Crow.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought is this seems a little steep, but I think it's just going to take a little time to get used to this new dollar reality.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, another overpayment. Got to think with all these overpayments that you're going to see another lockout when the current CBA expires.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I look back at the '07 FA when Gomez, Drury and Briere got those big contracts. Trust me none were bad players but you would have thought that offseason would have been a good practice to not follow anymore.

Have a feeling the "get out of jail free card (IE..compliance buyout)" will be back post lockout with the new CBA.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pay 8 for Johansen.

I would not pay 5.25 for Nino.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Semin has retired...

"After the 2017 Gagarin Cup playoffs were over, Alexander Semin’s KHL team, Metallurg Magnitogorsk, decided not to renew his contract. Semin did not find another team to join in either the KHL or any other professional hockey league. Instead, he figured it was time to move on from professional hockey.

He applied to the Siberian Federal University (SFU) and plans to study metallurgy full-time. Specifically, he plans to pursue the Master’s Program in “Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals” offered by the University’s Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science. He will be studying the “Theory and Technology of Foundry Production of Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys”."

Former Capital Alexander Semin Starts a New Chapter in Life

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Semin has retired...

"After the 2017 Gagarin Cup playoffs were over, Alexander Semin’s KHL team, Metallurg Magnitogorsk, decided not to renew his contract. Semin did not find another team to join in either the KHL or any other professional hockey league. Instead, he figured it was time to move on from professional hockey.

He applied to the Siberian Federal University (SFU) and plans to study metallurgy full-time. Specifically, he plans to pursue the Master’s Program in “Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals” offered by the University’s Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science. He will be studying the “Theory and Technology of Foundry Production of Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys”."

Former Capital Alexander Semin Starts a New Chapter in Life

Such a spunky player when motivated.

Enjoy retirement Bongoman!!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, naming his son Alexander Alexandrovich was a big stain on his record.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 4 point gap in production last year is worth nearly $3 shmil/yr to you?

I think Johansen has much more long term upside and is a better fit for my team than Nino. The gap was 4 points last year. Let's see what it is at the end of Nino's 5 year deal.

I guess one could say that retirement came a little premature for Semin.

He was a little dried up and crusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.