• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about that.

NJ looked utterly hopeless out there. That's a defeated team if I've ever seen one.

This is arguably the most uninspired Devils team I've ever watched. If a full scale coaching change isn't in order there's a serious problem.

Only way Devils cost themselves is if Schneider decides to return to form and goes nuts for 2 weeks. I'll assume that won't happen.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is arguably the most uninspired Devils team I've ever watched. If a full scale coaching change isn't in order there's a serious problem.

Only way Devils cost themselves is if Schneider decides to return to form and goes nuts for 2 weeks. I'll assume that won't happen.
It's possible, but Hynes and Shero go way back. He might get another year given this was an expected rebuild year anyway.

They have to show some improvement next year though or they might need to think about moving Hall Henrique and Schneider while they still have term and value.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby after the game: "I was just trying to get his stick and I think I caught his finger judging by his reaction and their reaction. I've gotten those before. They don't feel good."

You THINK you got his finger. Fuck you Crosby.

I'm starting to think that the Penguins are the most arrogant organization in the league. They whine about this stuff all the time. I wonder what would happen if this happened to one their whining stars. Sickening.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was so conflicting. I hate the Sens and them losing last night would've been especially beneficial given how close the Leafs would be to them in the standings but at the same time after seeing some of the crap this week I'd like to see Crosby and the Pens slide and wind up losing in the first round and then see Malkin go play in the KHL this summer so...

/Can't say the Sens losing Methot doesn't help the Leafs, though, especially if it means we get some top pair Dion on display :D

Nah. I'm betting they'll slide Claesson from the pressbox right into the first pairing. He's looked surprisingly good in limited minutes (occasionally with EK) so we'll see if he's up to handling bigger minutes.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think that the Penguins are the most arrogant organization in the league. They whine about this stuff all the time. I wonder what would happen if this happened to one their whining stars. Sickening.

I like angry Kennyrella

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just add this - Tired of all the slashing and whacking going on and no penalties being called, to steal a line from Jeremy Roenick, NHL, wake up.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness some of the worst of it all was the TSN crew.

"Sid sometimes plays with an edge"

"His play sometimes goes into that grey area"

"He certainly has some bite to his game"

In the last 2 games he's speared a guy in the nuts and just about chopped off a guy's finger on a nothing play (it was by the boards at the blueline). That is not playing with an "edge". It is most certainly not a "grey area" . And the only "bite" Crosby should have is of a big bag of shit covered dicks. Preferably those that have been harvested from the legion of NHL refs who are constantly sniffing Sid's jock.

Reactions: gob

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for another forensic investigation?!?

“We all know who he is. The guy is just beyond belief,” said an upset Melnyk. “You do this kind of stuff, I don’t care who you are in the league, I don’t care if you’re the number one player in the league you need to sit out a long time for this kind of crap.”

Melnyk said he instructed the hockey operations department to contact the league about the incident.

“The guy lost the top of his finger. Did you see it? It’s ugly. I wouldn’t want to show that to anybody under the age of 25,” Melnyk said.

Melnyk livid over Crosby slash on Methot

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“We all know who he is. The guy is just beyond belief,” said an upset Melnyk. “You do this kind of stuff, I don’t care who you are in the league, I don’t care if you’re the number one player in the league you need to sit out a long time for this kind of crap.”

Melnyk said he instructed the hockey operations department to contact the league about the incident.

“The guy lost the top of his finger. Did you see it? It’s ugly. I wouldn’t want to show that to anybody under the age of 25,” Melnyk said.

LOL. Melnyk is insane but sometimes he's just insanely hilarious.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if they need any of Sid's DNA they can just swab an NHL ref's mouth.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methot may not be a big name league wide, but the guy plays over 20 minutes a night for the Sens, that's a big loss for Ottawa.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Methot may not be a big name league wide, but the guy plays over 20 minutes a night for the Sens, that's a big loss for Ottawa.

Huge loss. IMO he's one of the league's best stay at home D-men. He's huge, mobile and can make a decent first pass.

Like I said, fuck Crosby and the Pens with a rusty chainsaw. And Sid? Don't give me this shit about I was going for his stick. No one in the league has better control of their stick than Crosby. He knew what he was doing (not the injury). He was going for his hands because he can get away with it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karlsson's GA60 is .81 higher without Methot. Yeah, it's a big loss.

Luckily for the Sens, after Saturday their schedule eases up a bit. They only play two teams currently in a playoff spot in their final 8 games. It might cost them a shot at overtaking the Habs for the division lead (which probably is a good thing, although nobody will admit it) but they should be safely in 2nd considering the hell Toronto has to go through to end the year.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the playoff teams are almost set and just seeding is up for grabs, doesn't it make sense to take more and more liberties with opposing playoff teams? If you can send a guy out of commission and get away with it, or get away with a paltry fine or a small suspension, shouldn't you do it? I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a stomping incident, a couple of flagrant elbows and at least one bite before this regular season is done.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the playoff teams are almost set and just seeding is up for grabs, doesn't it make sense to take more and more liberties with opposing playoff teams? If you can send a guy out of commission and get away with it, or get away with a paltry fine or a small suspension, shouldn't you do it? I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a stomping incident, a couple of flagrant elbows and at least one bite before this regular season is done.

You left out running a goalie, esls.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karlsson's GA60 is .81 higher without Methot. Yeah, it's a big loss.

Luckily for the Sens, after Saturday their schedule eases up a bit. They only play two teams currently in a playoff spot in their final 8 games. It might cost them a shot at overtaking the Habs for the division lead (which probably is a good thing, although nobody will admit it) but they should be safely in 2nd considering the hell Toronto has to go through to end the year.

BUF (x2)
FLA
NSH
DET
WSH
TBL
PIT
CBJ

Doesn't seem that bad to me. The last 4 are obviously tough but they're all at home. Shouldn't be a problem. Might want to clinch before the last 4 though. Might be tough games to play under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.