• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that's the last time he dishes to Biega while open in the slot.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Matthews suffered a concussion. He had a full practice today so that probably means he'll be back soon.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The caps loss tonight is very concerning despite it being an OT loss in a close game on the road. The team's been on cloud 9 for a while and it's been fun but the harsh reality is that the caps have been getting better results on the standings than they've deserved by their play and in this game it certainly showed.

There is no team in hockey, not even buffalo, who should accept any type of loss to a team as bad as the coyotes and its a wonder they even win any games at all with the way they play out there. Yet amazingly i think they actually did ouplay the caps. The capitals generated one shot on goal through the first fifteen minutes of the game so its hardly surprising they didn't win given that they were out of sync to start but the lack of offensive production vs a team this bad is very concerning. In OT all lines (especially the first one with oshie) were thoroughly outplayed and also in caps fashion they allowed the goal to send it to OT with one minute left (although if that hadn't gone in and they had won in regulation that still would have been a bad result and maybe its better they lose so they can be more motivated for the bigger fish coming up)

I don't say this as a pessimistic fan because I think I'm very objective as a sports fan. The caps have been living large lately and they were badly due for a kick in the ass and they sure got it. They have a chance tomorrow to get back up from it and beat a very good Vegas team (too good, if you ask me..) but if they did rebound from their failures and get over psychological roadblocks as a team then they wouldn't be the caps now would they LOL.....

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The caps loss tonight is very concerning despite it being an OT loss in a close game on the road. The team's been on cloud 9 for a while and it's been fun but the harsh reality is that the caps have been getting better results on the standings than they've deserved by their play and in this game it certainly showed.

There is no team in hockey, not even buffalo, who should accept any type of loss to a team as bad as the coyotes and its a wonder they even win any games at all with the way they play out there. Yet amazingly i think they actually did ouplay the caps. The capitals generated one shot on goal through the first fifteen minutes of the game so its hardly surprising they didn't win given that they were out of sync to start but the lack of offensive production vs a team this bad is very concerning. In OT all lines (especially the first one with oshie) were thoroughly outplayed and also in caps fashion they allowed the goal to send it to OT with one minute left (although if that hadn't gone in and they had won in regulation that still would have been a bad result and maybe its better they lose so they can be more motivated for the bigger fish coming up)

I don't say this as a pessimistic fan because I think I'm very objective as a sports fan. The caps have been living large lately and they were badly due for a kick in the ass and they sure got it. They have a chance tomorrow to get back up from it and beat a very good Vegas team (too good, if you ask me..) but if they did rebound from their failures and get over psychological roadblocks as a team then they wouldn't be the caps now would they LOL.....

Word to the wise: Watch out for @elocomotive . Just sayin'

/oh, and dont criticize Holtby. Even when he resembles a sieve.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to other games but haven't the Caps been awful in Arizona of late? Sometimes there's those places your team just struggles. I know any time the Devils go to Alberta I chalk it up as a loss.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trotz is a great coach and they are all pros. Neither side is going to accept a loss where they played down to competition. Every point matters and they know it. So the game in ARI is not exactly what you should worry about.

It's that next game, like you said. If they come out looking uninspired after being humiliated (and likely eviscerated by the coach), THEN the worry might be justified.

Sometimes, terrible games are great motivators.

Plus, Parity in the league now means there isn't much of a gap between top points getter and bottom feeder. Every team in the league is a few shifts away from five more wins or five more losses. Everyone.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many pessimists who claim they are objective.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many pessimists who claim they are objective.
Lol! Well in some ways I'd say fair enough, but they legitimately got outplayed in the game last night, and no matter who you are you really shouldn't be getting outplayed by the coyotes.....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Well in some ways I'd say fair enough, but they legitimately got outplayed in the game last night, and no matter who you are you really shouldn't be getting outplayed by the coyotes.....
My apologies, I did not mean you in my comment. That's why I didn't quote your post. I can see how you thought I meant you though and I'm sorry.

I have seen numerous fans on here and other boards who just post crap repeatedly and claim it as objectivity.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies, I did not mean you in my comment. That's why I didn't quote your post. I can see how you thought I meant you though and I'm sorry.

I have seen numerous fans on here and other boards who just post crap repeatedly and claim it as objectivity.
Crap post.

Julien crap trap coach no create offense except against crap Canucks when he lets goon fight in practice and not call out crap GM and smelly fans.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Objectively, Jeff Carter can fuck himself.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....as I said. Big eye-opener for the caps last night and tonight they are getting blown out by a better team. The caps are a playoff team this year and their ultimate fate will probably neither be better nor worse than it is all other years, but the people jumping the gun and putting them in the top five or even ten in nhl power rankings were a little ahead of themselves.

You start to wonder if the league is seriously thinking about where they went wrong with vegas; on another note

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anybody miss Zac Rinaldo if he never played another NHL game?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks Zac Rinaldo should not face supplemental discipline for the incident with the Avs?

Looked like a clean hit, then Girard skates up to him and acts surprised when Rinaldo hits him.

I have no use for the guy, but not seeing anything he did wrong. This time.

/aaaaaaaaaaaand just saw Dash's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.