• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils will offer Dalton Prout, Ryane Clowe's cap hit and a 3rd for Ekblad, get on it Shero.

Conversely, I offer Jack Johsnon for Jonathan HuskerDu or Alexander Barkov.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the team doing the right thing here I guess. Why comment? It was an Instagram post (that was subsequently deleted), not a formal complaint to the league. No reason to address it and keep the subject in the news.

For sure. Lupul needs to make real noise (ie. formal complaint) about this or shut the fuck up. At least Cowen went down that road before making comments on social media.

It's a sad reality of today's world that the court of public opinion is often a very efficient way to achieve your goals.

If he wants out, it's a pretty good way to try and force that.

Good on the Leafs for not taking the bait.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While you're obviously both just joking around here there is a problem with your proposals. Ekblad, Barkov and Huberdeau are all Tallon's guys. You need to target talented players acquired by Rowe (are there any left?), they're the ones in the bargain bin with the copies of "Green Lantern" and "Trouble With the Curve" :wink:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Tallon is the greatest hockey genius ever, Steve Simmons told me so.

rumo(u)r has it that Tallon wants Gudbrandson back badly but in no uncertain terms does Benning want to move him ... so we need to revisit that "greatest hockey genius ever" comment

there-are-2-greatest-hockey-geniuses-ever-.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you're obviously both just joking around here there is a problem with your proposals. Ekblad, Barkov and Huberdeau are all Tallon's guys. You need to target talented players acquired by Rowe (are there any left?), they're the ones in the bargain bin with the copies of "Green Lantern" and "Trouble With the Curve" :wink:

Does Derek MacKenzie qualify?

I would welcome him back, especially as Anderson holds out.

I will offer one of Stinger's old pairs of skate booties.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Derek MacKenzie qualify?

I would welcome him back, especially as Anderson holds out.

I will offer one of Stinger's old pairs of skate booties.

You're getting closer, but still no good.

I haven't really looked, it's very possible that all of the Rowe acquisitions worth mentioning are gone now.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that has some quality young talent the Panthers keep making ? moves. Demers for Mcginn? Come on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Tallon is the greatest hockey genius ever, Steve Simmons told me so.
You're getting closer, but still no good.

I haven't really looked, it's very possible that all of the Rowe acquisitions worth mentioning are gone now.
So Dale Tallon is the Donald Trump of the NHL, undoing everything his predecessor did.

I can live with that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the fact McGinn for Demers with cap retention is a friggen steal, this deal gives AZ a pretty decent top 4 of OEL-Hjal and Goligoski-Demers. If Chycharito can make a jump and provide some competition they’ll be even better off.

Plus Dash’s fave coach out of the picture, AZ just might make some sweet wild card noise.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Dash’s fave coach out of the picture, AZ just might make some sweet wild card noise.

So glad Tippett is no longer behind the bench in Glendale, now all they have to do is get rid of the annoying Coyote howl after an Arizona goal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the fact McGinn for Demers with cap retention is a friggen steal, this deal gives AZ a pretty decent top 4 of OEL-Hjal and Goligoski-Demers. If Chycharito can make a jump and provide some competition they’ll be even better off.

Shit, I forgot Supernintendo Hjalmersson went there.

I might drive to Glendale to watch that group.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but be honest, you'd offer Jack Johnson for a bag of pucks and some used sticks....and there'd be room to negotiate on the sticks

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Raanta is relatively successful they're going to be a whole lot better I think. Even if he isn't they should improve a decent amount though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Raanta is relatively successful they're going to be a whole lot better I think. Even if he isn't they should improve a decent amount though.
The addition of Stepan, Strome making the team and improvements from Domi Dvorak and Perlini. Lot of stars to align but it could be time there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the first trip to Vegas again?

Sunday, March 18th the Flames play an afternoon game in Vegas and then travel to Glendale to play the Coyotes the next night. I'm thinking a trip down to Sin City might be in the cards.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but be honest, you'd offer Jack Johnson for a bag of pucks and some used sticks....and there'd be room to negotiate on the sticks

True, but when a GM is making Holmgren/Howson level trades, you take your shot.

So, I hope this new focus on tapping your opponent's hands, I mean "slashing", lasts as long as the typical NHL Ref focus area does. Like completely forgotten by Halloween.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but when a GM is making Holmgren/Howson level trades, you take your shot.

So, I hope this new focus on tapping your opponent's hands, I mean "slashing", lasts as long as the typical NHL Ref focus area does. Like completely forgotten by Halloween.
yep, that be about my guess too...

Status
Not open for further replies.