• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry pixy, too engrossed in the Holland - Mexico game.

1000000% valid excuse. I watched the tying goal...then put on the Pirate game thinking they were going to extra time. *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay Niskanen whatever he wants, i'd love him here.

I just want him to go West. Zero chance he stays in Pittsburgh. In this market, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting something near $7M. Sounds ridiculous, and it is. He had a career year in a contract year, in which he's the prize catch of FA (best combination of offense, defense, and age out there). You can hear the *cha-ching* all through western PA.

EDIT: I hesitate to say he's not worth it, because I do think he's a top pair guy who can play hard minutes, but I don't think he'll put up these offensive numbers with consistency.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in time to be unable to re-sign Staal. I fully support this measure.

He'll be re-signed before this season starts, trust me. I have my sources ;)

I just want him to go West. Zero chance he stays in Pittsburgh. In this market, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting something near $7M. Sounds ridiculous, and it is. He had a career year in a contract year, in which he's the prize catch of FA (best combination of offense, defense, and age out there). You can hear the *cha-ching* all through western PA.

EDIT: I hesitate to say he's not worth it, because I do think he's a top pair guy who can play hard minutes, but I don't think he'll put up these offensive numbers with consistency.

Most i'd go for him is 5.5 a year. I would kill for that shot from the point on the PP. Him and Mac on the point would do wonders. Tired of seeing Girardi on the point. He is awful out there.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers should talk...

Signing Matt Niskanen to a massive contract would be exactly what Paul Holmgren would have done if he was the GM - now that Hexy is the GM there's no way he's going to sign him to a big contract - they have a lot of young defensive guys like Robert Hagg, Samuel Morin, Shayne Gostisbehere, Mark Alt and Travis Sanheim - no need to break the bank for a d-man and then not have room to put your younger guys in 2-3 years down the road

This is what is getting the Rangers in trouble, they went all in with Marty and now they didn't have any draft picks in the 1st round and part of their future might be influx because they won't be able to fit the right young pieces in - when you end up losing 3-4 of your better players in FA because you can't pay them, you need younger guys to come up, Rangers don't have a ton of that right now

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Matt Niskanen to a massive contract would be exactly what Paul Holmgren would have done if he was the GM - now that Hexy is the GM there's no way he's going to sign him to a big contract - they have a lot of young defensive guys like Robert Hagg, Samuel Morin, Shayne Gostisbehere, Mark Alt and Travis Sanheim - no need to break the bank for a d-man and then not have room to put your younger guys in 2-3 years down the road

This is what is getting the Rangers in trouble, they went all in with Marty and now they didn't have any draft picks in the 1st round and part of their future might be influx because they won't be able to fit the right young pieces in - when you end up losing 3-4 of your better players in FA because you can't pay them, you need younger guys to come up, Rangers don't have a ton of that right now

Danny Kristo, Brady Skjei, J.T Miller, Oscar Lindberg, Ryan Haggerty, Jesper Fast, we have plenty of young talent. I'm not worried about a 1st round pick, we don't draft that well in the 1st anyways. I'd say 3 of those guys above are in the lineup next season. The Marty trade always has to come up, it happened, he's here, Cally is there, we didn't gut out the farm for that deal at all. We get a 2nd round pick in return next year since Cally stayed down there. The Rangers can let John Moore walk, or move him, in order to bring in Niskanen, let Stralman walk and let one of Connor Allen/Dylan McIlrath take his spot next year. We have plenty of quality prospects in our system.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three new guys posting in here, and all three seem solid. YEAY! Also, I am agog, I am aghast, that none of the gentlemen of SportsHoopla came to my aid after my "damsel in distress" call.

(I'm a lady, Mr. Canuck)

Cool. One of the few women at FN was a lovely lady from Pitt. that posted on the hockey boards.

We were all a bit afraid of her. :what:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. One of the few women at FN was a lovely lady from Pitt. that posted on the hockey boards.

We were all a bit afraid of her. :what:

Pittsburgh women (like a real yinzer-ette) are scary as hell. Question: what's FN stand for?

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh women (like a real yinzer-ette) are scary as hell. Question: what's FN stand for?

Sorry, but most noobs around here are refugees from Fan Nation at Sports Illustrated. They closed the site last week. I've rounded up all the hockey guys that I could contact so there should be an even greater influx of fools on Monday.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but most noobs around here are refugees from Fan Nation at Sports Illustrated. They closed the site last week. I've rounded up all the hockey guys that I could contact so there should be an even greater influx of fools on Monday.

Sweet! Seriously, welcome. All us hockey folks on here (with a few exceptions) are refugees from ESPN's board. Probably been 3 years now, I think?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fruit basket budget is going to need to be raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.