• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can almost guarantee he's coming to Toronto. Expect a Reimer trade in the next day or two.

Can't wait to hear Davey and Co. defending this.

I don't understand the desire to move Reimer. Of course I didn't fully understand bringing in Bernier either.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: welcome BBB! Only 9 posts in, but you appear to have similar values to many of us Hooplans.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the desire to move Reimer. Of course I didn't fully understand bringing in Bernier either.

Reimer's a headcase. Any professional athlete who's mommy has to stand up for him in the papers needs a kicking.

Performance-wise, while that nightmare in Boston was a collective effort (i.e.: Blaming Carlyle until the day I fucking die), Reimer's role was significant. His stats are alright, but I don't think he really inspires anybody out on the ice. Then again, Dion Phaneuf is the team's captain so I don't think they're exactly big on the whole inspiration thing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: welcome BBB! Only 9 posts in, but you appear to have similar values to many of us Hooplans.

wait wait .. lets not be hasty here... we have to ask the question

Was told I might fit in well :yahoo:

Thanks. Liking the digs so far, some neat features on here and some knowledgable folks from what i've seen.

what exact word do you use in front of Dallas?

_______ Dallas!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Anyone else think Marty ends up retiring because there's simply no one who wants/needs him?
I sure hope he packs it in.
His stats recently do not live up to his legacy.
In other words, yer done son.
Was told I might fit in well :yahoo:

Thanks. Liking the digs so far, some neat features on here and some knowledgable folks from what i've seen.
Welcome. That is by far my favorite pic of Burke
Tenacity and pugnatiousness (if that is a word) all rolled into one.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reimer's a headcase. Any professional athlete who's mommy has to stand up for him in the papers needs a kicking.

Performance-wise, while that nightmare in Boston was a collective effort (i.e.: Blaming Carlyle until the day I fucking die), Reimer's role was significant. His stats are alright, but I don't think he really inspires anybody out on the ice. Then again, Dion Phaneuf is the team's captain so I don't think they're exactly big on the whole inspiration thing.

I guess if they had a bonafide option as the #1 I'd get it a bit more, but I don't have a ton of faith in Bernier (in my admittedly limited watching).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much this. I mean, there have been plenty of athletes who just can't quit, and end up regretting it because they're unable to play up to their own high standards. I won't go as far to say it'll tarnish his legacy, because that legacy is so incredible it's hard to tarnish, but it...well, it may make a scuff mark or two. Someone (Cobie?) mentioned Modano, and that's a valid parallel, but to an even higher degree. We're talking about possibly the best to ever play his position, and all for one team. Maybe it's because I'm a sentimentalist, but I hate seeing guys forgo that. For me, it'd be like Mario deciding to lace up with Montreal for a season. It'd be hard to swallow. I'd hate that as a Devs fan.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer his new 'do. He looks like he just crawled out of a dumpster.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited watching? You sir are a lucky man.

I'll just wait for any of the gents here to make the comment that's always made in these instances.

animated-cartoons-classic-help-tied-Favim.com-374407.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.