• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fruit basket budget is going to need to be raised.

Mine got lost in the mail I think. Or I didn't get one as punishment for never capitalizing the first letter in a sentence back then.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my twitter friends at Toronto Pride Parade ran into Burkie. THAT'S THE GREATEST THING EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, for a second there, I thought that was Flames draft pick Hunter Smith...

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my twitter friends at Toronto Pride Parade ran into Burkie. THAT'S THE GREATEST THING EVER.

That is sweet and I hate everything Burkie but THE GREATEST THING EVER is my photo of Bloody Brian Burke with Rob Ford.

(I promise I won't post it until you piss me off DL but that hasn't happened in 5 years so you're probably safe.) :yahoo:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yak is going to have to teach Leon how to celebrate goals...

e75qjl

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sweet and I hate everything Burkie but THE GREATEST THING EVER is my photo of Bloody Brian Burke with Rob Ford.

(I promise I won't post it until you piss me off DL but that hasn't happened in 5 years so you're probably safe.) :yahoo:

What was I thinking distributing that blackmail material? :L

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing my video-posting virginity went about as well as losing my actual virginity.

Try this again:

Exhibit A

The funny thing about this is that the narrative these days (thanks Healy) is that Bernier is an expert puckhandler and Reimer is a disaster. But Bernier had more moments like this last year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about this is that the narrative these days (thanks Healy) is that Bernier is an expert puckhandler and Reimer is a disaster. But Bernier had more moments like this last year.

Way more.

My two issues with Reimer are his glove hand and his incessant inability to control rebounds.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Who the hell is Reimer to demand anything? RFA coming off blowing his chance to save his team's season. Absurd.

2) Does he even have any sort of value in the eyes of hockey folks outside T.O? I mean, is he the kind of guy who could be a big piece of a trade for, say, Evander Kane? Or is he too much of a "project" now to have any sort of significant value?

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Who the hell is Reimer to demand anything? RFA coming off blowing his chance to save his team's season. Absurd.

2) Does he even have any sort of value in the eyes of hockey folks outside T.O? I mean, is he the kind of guy who could be a big piece of a trade for, say, Evander Kane? Or is he too much of a "project" now to have any sort of significant value?

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again how the hell did they ever let you into the leaf fan club you just aren't delusional enough!:laugh3:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way more.

My two issues with Reimer are his glove hand and his incessant inability to control rebounds.

You listen to Healy too much too it sounds like.

Watch any youtube video of Reimer highlights. You'll see tons of glove saves. Most (all) goalies get beat more high glove than anywhere else, they just don't have Glenn Healy screaming at them every time they do it.

I keep hearing that Reimer's rebound control is terrible and Bernier's is great (once again mostly from Healy), but if you look at the numbers he doesn't seem to have faced many more shots per game than Bernier (if I recall there was about a one shot difference) as a result.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You listen to Healy too much too it sounds like.

Watch any youtube video of Reimer highlights. You'll see tons of glove saves. Most (all) goalies get beat more high glove than anywhere else, they just don't have Glenn Healy screaming at them every time they do it.

I keep hearing that Reimer's rebound control is terrible and Bernier's is great (once again mostly from Healy), but if you look at the numbers he doesn't seem to have faced many more shots per game than Bernier (if I recall there was about a one shot difference) as a result.

More on rebounds

Reimer?s rebounds no big deal for Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.