• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL One view about the Playoffs

Should an undefeated G5 conference champion be allowed into the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude these are outliers. You bring up 2 things that happened and "close calls" like it proves something. It doesn't.

You're worried about upsets. Seriously?

If your team is good enough to win a P5 conference, you deserve a shot.

Move to FCS if that's what you want! Otherwise, end up in the top 4 or go home!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is your problem tonight? I mean it's obvious you are raging over this and it's quite stupid.

I said you are in favor of a format that would include USC from this year. That is FACT. It is a FACT. That's not slamming you. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT AND HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER HERE. It's truth. Pure truth. This is entirely NOT the same thing as saying you ONLY want this because it would include USC this year. That is a fallacious argument.

So yeah, I said that. That's not the same as what you accused me of. And you know it.

Meanwhile, while I'm trying to bring up actual valid points you want to stay on this pissy rampage and have zero interest in talking about the actual points on the topic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is your problem tonight?

You're the one with a problem. You said it was about USC, said I was trolling, claimed a post with no insults was a personal assault and then claimed you never said it.

So I provided you with your exact quotes.

But I have a problem.

You drunk or what?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one with a problem. You said it was about USC, said I was trolling, claimed a post with no insults was a personal assault and then claimed you never said it.

So I provided you with your exact quotes.

But I have a problem.

You drunk or what?
Not one word of that is true. Not one.

You have real issues tonight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every single word of it is true.

Shall I quote your posts again?

You don't even know what you posted.

But I have issues. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do believe you were trolling or at least poking 4D20. That's not the same thing as accusing you of using USC to troll or whatever other bullshit you are spewing. Yes I said you do favor a format that if employed this year would include USC and yet also said they don't belong this year so you want your cake and eat it to. Those are not what you are on about.

FFS now it's 5 pages of bullshit instead of just answering the fucking simple questions and having any type of civil discussion about the merits of the topic. Yet you blame me for having the issues? :lol: I mean really? :burt:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked you to tell us how you would solve some of the serious issues that block an 8 team auto bid format. I asked it civilly and in the interest of having real dialog.

POLL - One view about the Playoffs

Not one word on the actual issues. No, it's post after post of just bullshit rage on something entirely stupid.

I gave you a link to an article by a writer that spoke to coaches, AD's, all of the power commissioners, and the league about this topic and why the idea of an 8 game playoff seems farther away than ever and you won't address it or even look at it.

For some reason pissing matches are ALL you want. FFS at least own it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do believe you were trolling or at least poking 4D20.

No you don't. You never said it, remember?

Show me where I've said that, because I didn't.

hat's not the same thing as accusing you of using USC to troll or whatever other bullshit you are spewing.

I didn't say that at all. I said that this has nothing to do with USC and that I've been in favor of an 8 team playoff since the polls decided the NC. You and 4D brought up USC. Then you said I was trolling and that it was about USC this year.

es I said you do favor a format that if employed this year would include USC and yet also said they don't belong this year so you want your cake and eat it to. Those are not what you are on about.

Yes, they are because you said it was about the fact that USC would be in this year. I said they don't belong under the current format. Which is true. I said the same about tOSU.

What you and 4D can't seem to grasp is that it doesn't matter to me if USC would be in the playoff under any format. I still want an 8 team playoff. As I said earlier, you've posted with me long enough to know that my stance on an 8 team playoff has never changed.

USC could drop their football program and I'd still want an 8 team playoff.

It's really that simple.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that at all. I said that this has nothing to do with USC and that I've been in favor of an 8 team playoff since the polls decided the NC. You and 4D brought up USC. Then you said I was trolling and that it was about USC this year.
I feel like this is a bad episode of the twilight zone. I didn't ever once say that you were only bringing this up because it's USC. Plain English didn't happen. 4D20 might have, but I did not.

Yes, they are because you said it was about the fact that USC would be in this year. I said they don't belong under the current format. Which is true. I said the same about tOSU.
Right, and while you and 4D20 were going back and forth it seemed you both were jumping in and out of both entirely different points and I pointed that out.
What you and 4D can't seem to grasp is that it doesn't matter to me if USC would be in the playoff under any format. I still want an 8 team playoff.
No, because once again and for the last time, not only haven't I said that's the reason you want it, but have said clearly I wasn't saying that. Why are you going in circles over just stupid nonsense?

USC could drop their football program and I'd still want an 8 team playoff.

It's really that simple.
So stop this stupidity and have a conversation on the merits of why an 8 team auto bid has serious issues instead of circle jerks. I've tried to bring up valid points and have a discussion about it and you just flat out refuse to do so.

I'd love to hear your solutions to these questions:
POLL - One view about the Playoffs

And once again, I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest about them. They are legit and real issues IMO that I see as just some of the road blocks to what you propose.

Why an 8-team College Football Playoff feels further away than ever
This guy spoke to AD's, commish's of all 5 power conf, coaches, TV execs, bowl execs, etc and had a pretty solid piece about it. Why not address some of the points raised in it, or add your own on why the merits outweigh all of those problems.

This can be done with fighting.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a view about the playoffs:

Clemson vs. Bama
Jawja vs. Oklahoma.

That's it. That's all there needs to be. No one else deserves to be there. Good day, motherfuckers!

:suds:

It’s true. Four is perfect. Three of those teams deserve to be there. Alabama absolutely does not deserve a playoff spot because they didn’t beat anybody and got handled by 12 to the only team they did play but then again nobody else deserves to in their place either. So since it is at 4, they get in over Ohio State who got bitch slapped by 31 to 7-5 Iowa and run out of their own stadium by OU despite having some quality wins. If it was at 8 teams you’d have 5 undeserving teams this season. Instead you have 1 with an Alabama squad that technically still has the talent and coaching to win it all.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is a bad episode of the twilight zone. I didn't ever once say that you were only bringing this up because it's USC. Plain English didn't happen.

Plain English...I fucking quoted you.

Right, and while you and 4D20 were going back and forth it seemed you both were jumping in and out of both entirely different points and I pointed that out.

I'm sorry you couldn't keep up. It's about an 8 team playoff, period. Under the current format, USC and tOSU didn't have the resume to get in. An 8 team playoff, which would include all conference champions, would include USC and tOSU. Not sure what's so hard to understand. 2 different formats, 2 different sets of rules. 1 includes all conference champs, 1 does not.

All of this because you jumped in while not grasping the point.

But I have the issues. :L

No, because once again and for the last time, not only haven't I said that's the reason you want it, but have said clearly I wasn't saying that.

Once again...I fucking quoted you.

You're the one going in circles and you are full of shit and denying posts you made that have been quoted,

You even claimed to have been "assaulted" in a post where there wasn't even an insult, let alone an "assault."

Seems you're struggling with the truth a bit tonight.

Feel free to quit responding to my posts.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stop this stupidity and have a conversation on the merits of why an 8 team auto bid has serious issues instead of circle jerks. I've tried to bring up valid points and have a discussion about it and you just flat out refuse to do so.

I've been making valid points all along. You're the one who started with the trolling accusations, claiming it was about USC and saying you were "assaulted." You're a fucking drama queen.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, more drama and bullshit and not one chance you answer a single question about the problems with an 8 team auto bid.

Clear who has the serious case of the ass tonight. Clear as day.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been on his period for over a week now. I think he will bleed out soon if he doesn't get help.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been on his period for over a week now. I think he will bleed out soon if he doesn't get help.
Look, I can get into a good and useless pissing match with the best of them. I was honestly trying to have a real conversation. There are times people just aren't on board with that. Maybe another time.

I honestly have asked similar questions before and really never get a real answer. Particularly about what happens to OOC games and their devalue when you do an auto bid.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I can get into a good and useless pissing match with the best of them. I was honestly trying to have a real conversation. There are times people just aren't on board with that. Maybe another time.

I honestly have asked similar questions before and really never get a real answer. Particularly about what happens to OOC games and their devalue when you do an auto bid.

I agree with you that autobids would kill OOC games vs good teams. It de-incentivises the playing of such games. I also think an 8 team playoff with autobids would kill the interest in the regular season. Staying at 4 teams eliminates the possibility of autobids.

Right now, the biggest problem is there aren't enough games between P5 conferences to get a clear picture of relative rankings. The movement to 9 conference games further diminishes the possibility of OOC P5 to P5 games. Many teams want 7 home games for revenue (to pay for expansion of stadiums, upgrades, etc.). This also limit games. In order for G5 teams to even have a chance of making the playoffs there needs to be more games linking P5 and G5 conferences. I've posted this elsewhere, but, I will repeat it here. Each P5 team needs to play 2 P5 and 1 G5 OOC.

Expected schedule:
4 conference home
4 conference away
2 P5 OOC (H & A)
1 G5 OOC (H)
1 game of their choosing*

* game is interesting. It can be a 9th conference game or not! For most SEC teams (and an increasing number of other conferences) it is an FCS team. This year the PAC has 10 FCS opponents. But, this CAN backfire as UW saw. The conference games against "good" teams aren't evenly distributed. So, if your team ends up with a lousy conference schedule and you scheduled an FCS foe - you could be screwed. Most conferences have a planned rotation so teams can look ahead and see when the "Vanderbilt" teams pop up then maybe schedule the * game as a tougher OOC opponent.

My team has a slightly different schedule because of the Jax game.
UF only has 7 conference games that alternate between H & A. So, UF treats the FSU game as a 8th conference game and the UGa game is a conference neutral site game.

Currently
4 conference home
4 (conference + FSU) away
1 conference neutral site game
2 G5 home (one of these needs to change to P5)
1 FCS home

This year's UF schedule was a little different due to hurricanes
5 conference home (swapped with LSU due to Hurricane last year)
3 (conference + FSU) away
1 G5 home (second G5 washed out due to Hurricane this year)
1 FCS home

In the future I would like to see
4 conference home
4 (conference + FSU) away
1 P5 H & A or a neutral site game
1 G5 home
1 FCS home (or a 2nd G5 if they are willing to play away only)

The H & A would alternate between 6 and 7 home games each year. The neutral site game would give 6 home games each year. I'm not sure how often the bean-counters be would be OK with only having 6 home games.