• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL One view about the Playoffs

Should an undefeated G5 conference champion be allowed into the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based only on the criteria given, fuck no.

G5 is no reason to be AQ.
Undefeated is no reason to be AQ.

So, no.

If a G5 team plays a quality schedule and shows they belong, sure no problem. But since you didn't put that in as your criteria, fuck no.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a G5 team that wants to make the playoffs, all of your OOC better be against top P5 teams, and you better win em.

Even the weakest P5 schedule is tougher than any G5 team's schedule.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes. But the 8 team playoff needs to happen.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based only on the criteria given, fuck no.

G5 is no reason to be AQ.
Undefeated is no reason to be AQ.

So, no.

If a G5 team plays a quality schedule and shows they belong, sure no problem. But since you didn't put that in as your criteria, fuck no.
They better have a Mercer on their schedule.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a G5 team that wants to make the playoffs, all of your OOC better be against top P5 teams, and you better win em.

Even the weakest P5 schedule is tougher than any G5 team's schedule.
And your chicken shit team nor any other top SEC team wouldn't be caught dead playing one of those schools on the road, so tell me, how are those G5 teams supposed to get those games scheduled? What, you want them to play them all on the road? Yeah, got it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your chicken shit team nor any other top SEC team wouldn't be caught dead playing one of those schools on the road, so tell me, how are those G5 teams supposed to get those games scheduled? What, you want them to play them all on the road? Yeah, got it.

My chickenshit team is in the playoffs, how about your chicken shit team?

Miami traveled to App State last year and was scheduled to travel to Arkansas State this year. It's not impossible to get good P5 teams to go on the road to G5 stadiums.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your chicken shit team nor any other top SEC team wouldn't be caught dead playing one of those schools on the road, so tell me, how are those G5 teams supposed to get those games scheduled?

Nobody was Anybody until they were Somebody.
These G5 teams could have made the effort anytime in the past to be somebody, but didn't.

The End.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My chickenshit team is in the playoffs, how about your chicken shit team?

Miami traveled to App State last year and was scheduled to travel to Arkansas State this year. It's not impossible to get good P5 teams to go on the road to G5 stadiums.
There are exceptions, but it not the norm.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the writer of the article said, my school didn't earn nor deserve a spot this year. But it's OOC schedule was 3 power schools and Troy (who they beat and then they beat Auburn). So had they won out, would THAT be good enough. (Yeah, figured, you big school wonks would find a reason to say no)

Gotta love it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the writer of the article said, my school didn't earn nor deserve a spot this year. But it's OOC schedule was 3 power schools and Troy (who they beat and then they beat Auburn). So had they won out, would THAT be good enough. (Yeah, figured, you big school wonks would find a reason to say no)

Gotta love it.

One Game
That's it.
That's all you have to have to be there?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was Anybody until they were Somebody.
These G5 teams could have made the effort anytime in the past to be somebody, but didn't.

The End.
Wrong. In the only time we played your school, we led most of the game and won. But your school refused to schedule a home & home. I guess that being undefeated in 3 BCS bowls doesn't count.

You're clueless, do you think for one minute that every team doesn't go out with the object of winning? But then again, you did pick "out of your mind" as your screen name. Makes sense.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that you do not know this.
Yes, we all know it. There aren't 8 deserving teams. 4 is pushing it as it is, and G5's certainly aren't on the same level as P5's.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta love it.

Tator St will never be one of the big boys. You've got the smurf turf and a win over OU. That's all your trophy case will ever have. Peterson is gone and the program has peaked. It was a good run.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit a Smiles sighting. Quick one of you OU homo's send the bat signal to Spinkiller, we can have an old school Boise vs Oklahomo smackdown. :D

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we all know it. There aren't 8 deserving teams. 4 is pushing it as it is, and G5's certainly aren't on the same level as P5's.
That's not true.

Those top 4 schools are picked by a beauty pageant committee. In basketball, baseball, and every other NCAA sport, any team that is undefeated will absolutely find a spot in the playoff format. And in every other NCAA sport, we have examples of where one of those lesser regarded schools wins!

You see, criteria for power 5 and G5 schools is mainly money. You bet, when a power school has a budget four or ten times bigger, it stands to reason that they'd have a better change, after all they can hire top coaches and pay off (er, motivate) top recruits. I contend that being undefeated, especially when no other team is should give the team a shot.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't want them played on the road because your G5 teams wouldn't get the payday that helps balance their budgets for playing them. Don't know why his comment got you so defensive, it was true.