• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL One view about the Playoffs

Should an undefeated G5 conference champion be allowed into the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FTR, there's only 3 teams truly playoff worthy this season. Alabama might prove us wrong, but based on what we saw, neither they nor Ohio State did as much as Clemson, Oklahoma or Georgia to earn their spot.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You offer nothing and you won't admit it. You're like the fat girl who thinks she's a 10 but is closer to a 2 and ends up being 50 years old with 20 cats claiming there are no good men out there. So you can either get out there and make some shit happen, or you can cry yourself to sleep every night while fucking yourself with a vibrator - nobody else is going to give a shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FTR, there's only 3 teams truly playoff worthy this season. Alabama might prove us wrong, but based on what we saw, neither they nor Ohio State did as much as Clemson, Oklahoma or Georgia to earn their spot.

It is rare more than 2 teams deserve it.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people against teams having to prove it on t he field I. An 8 team playoff?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people against teams having to prove it on t he field I. An 8 team playoff?

There's been 3 playoffs and so far, there has only been one competitive semifinal game.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Boise is doing just that. We are now only playing PAC schools as a home & home deal, and won't do a guarantee game unless it's at a neutral site.
Good for Boise State, seriously. But you're not gonna schedule PAC 12 teams for all your out of conference games, and you're still playing a mtn west schedule. I have a lot of respect for what Boisie state has done, obviously I'm a big fan of their old coach, but here in reality, that year you lost to Nevada is probably the closest a G5 team will get to a national championship.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not. There are 12 games in the regular season plus a Conference championship. There's plenty of time to prove it during the regular season.
Not without good OOC games.
More football is good.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson vs USC
Oklahoma vs Auburn
Georgia vs Wisconsin
Alabama vs Ohio State

How can a College football fan not want to see those games?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson vs USC
Oklahoma vs Auburn
Georgia vs Wisconsin
Alabama vs Ohio State

I guess we'll just have to settle for Oklahoma/Georgia, OSU/USC, Wisconsin/miami , and Auburn/ucf. The horror!

Now, out of those games, which looks the least interesting? If your answer is anything but the one with the G5 team, you're lying.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just have to settle for Oklahoma/Georgia, OSU/USC, Wisconsin/miami , and Auburn/ucf. The horror!

Now, out of those games, which looks the least interesting? If your answer is anything but the one with the G5 team, you're lying.
Bowl games do not have the same importance as playoff games.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson vs USC
Oklahoma vs Auburn
Georgia vs Wisconsin
Alabama vs Ohio State

And what's wrong with Bama vs Clemson, UGA vs. Oklahoma?

If you go to an 8 game playoff, are in favor of an 11 game season or doing away with conference championships or both? I'm not, but that's what has to happen to expand the playoff. And expanding the playoff is only going to give you shitty playoff games. It's hard enough to find four good teams to be competitive year in and year out.

2014 - Rose Bowl - Oregon 59 FSU 20
2015 - Orange Bowl - Clemson 37 Oklahoma 17
2015 - Cotton Bowl - Alabama 38 Michigan St. 0
2016 - Fiesta Bowl - Clemson 31 OSU 0
2016 - Peach Bowl - Alabam 24 Washington 7

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl games do not have the same importance as playoff games.
They're a pretty big deal, and a worthy consolation for teams that didn't quite do enough to earn a playoff spot.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's wrong with Bama vs Clemson, UGA vs. Oklahoma?

If you go to an 8 game playoff, are in favor of an 11 game season or doing away with conference championships or both? I'm not, but that's what has to happen

It adds 1 game for 4 teams.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Boise State, seriously. But you're not gonna schedule PAC 12 teams for all your out of conference games, and you're still playing a mtn west schedule. I have a lot of respect for what Boisie state has done, obviously I'm a big fan of their old coach, but here in reality, that year you lost to Nevada is probably the closest a G5 team will get to a national championship.

I am not advocating that my team, or any other team get in for free. But when a team does everything asked of it and wins every game, it deserves a chance. Read the article at the beginning. (I know some of my more colorful friends can't really read beyond a few sentences, but hey, try)

The problem with scheduling is the old Catch 22. You only get 12 games. SEC teams will only play one truly competitive team as an equal in any given season (with few exceptions). Then they hire 3 teams that they are only willing to play at home, including the obligatory FCS school. So they only take games in which they have every statistical advantage tilted in their favor.

The sport would be a lot fairer if guarantee games were eliminated or limited to only one. Because the math won't work. Ambitious G5 teams can't get games at home.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not advocating that my team, or any other team get in for free. But when a team does everything asked of it and wins every game, it deserves a chance. Read the article at the beginning. (I know some of my more colorful friends can't really read beyond a few sentences, but hey, try)

The problem with scheduling is the old Catch 22. You only get 12 games. SEC teams will only play one truly competitive team as an equal in any given season (with few exceptions). Then they hire 3 teams that they are only willing to play at home, including the obligatory FCS school. So they only take games in which they have every statistical advantage tilted in their favor.

The sport would be a lot fairer if guarantee games were eliminated or limited to only one. Because the math won't work. Ambitious G5 teams can't get games at home.

Firstly, no, winning all your games doesn't mean you deserve a chance. All things being equal it's a no brainer, but it's far from equal. I have no idea what you're trying to say with that sec teams only playing one equal bit, which is probably for the best...

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, no, winning all your games doesn't mean you deserve a chance. All things being equal it's a no brainer, but it's far from equal. I have no idea what you're trying to say with that sec teams only playing one equal bit, which is probably for the best...

My point is that for G5 schools, it's real hard to schedule non conference games with teams that aren't willing to play you, especially fair games, you know, neutral site or home & home. And fans of those same teams then contend that they didn't play hard enough of a schedule. Is that double standard too hard for you to understand?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of ridiculous conservatives in here. The answer to the issue at hand is to schedule the championship game before the season begins and to allow no school to play in it twice until all others have had a chance. That way we wouldn't have repeat elite-privileged champions every year (boring) and everyone would get a fair shot at the trophy every 60 years or so.

And the loser of each title game should get a nice participation trophy.