• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMG SF just dodged a bullet

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are upset?!?! We have to rest our hopes for the plays offs on the shoulders of mike glennon and the buccaneers! The buccaneers!!! Atlanta practically ripped my heart out the other night. We will handle our business, don't you worry about that!

I know man… If there is any hope though at least Tampa has been playing better lately… The odds are not good BUT crazy things happen sometimes in the NFL… And I hope you do handle your business… Cards are playing at a dam high level defensively…

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had pretty much given up on this game when San Francisco had a 10 point lead with five minutes left. When I checked back a bit later I was surprised that it was a three point game with Atlanta driving for a shot at either the tie or the lead. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and there's nothing they can do to change it now, but I'd have liked to see Atlanta run the ball once they got to the 11. They had time to run the ball with over a minute left and all three timeouts to use. If they didn't get in from 11 yards out on three run plays with three timeouts, they could have kicked the short field goal and gone into overtime with an opportunity to win it there. They didn't have to force a throw into the endzone. Maybe the Falcons figured they had nothing really to lose by throwing it there, but I wonder whether they would have made the decision to throw from that close in that situation if they had a trip to the playoffs on the line instead of a top five pick.

It was just frustrating that Matty Ice didn't take a timeout when he saw a house blitz. Yes he had a hot read, but every corner is playing inside on a house blitz because you know they are not risking throwing an out route. 3 Timeouts and some big RBs. Man, that is like something the Hawks would do.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this sudden infatuation with the Cards and how some Seahawks fans would rather face them over the 49ers

This is no insult to the Cards because they are a damn good team, but the 49ers are by far the more dangerous threat in the playoffs.

Say what you want about Kap aka Kaeptain Panic, but Carson Palmer is way more likely to turn the ball over multiple times than Kap is. What the 49ers have is a consistent run game that they can rely on and don't have to take many risks versus the secondary.

And I think that Kaepernick is progressing (at least I'd like to believe that). He is in a different place than he was at the beginning of the season. He seems to be more decisive now.

If you get any kind of pressure on Palmer, he is an INT waiting to happen. I hope the Niners can take advantage of that this Sunday.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that Kaepernick is progressing (at least I'd like to believe that). He is in a different place than he was at the beginning of the season. He seems to be more decisive now.

If you get any kind of pressure on Palmer, he is an INT waiting to happen. I hope the Niners can take advantage of that this Sunday.

You can't run on that Cards D though so Kap is gonna have to throw… Kap is gonna have some pressure on him in this one…

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't run on that Cards D though so Kap is gonna have to throw… Kap is gonna have some pressure on him in this one…

Just the test he needs heading into the playoffs. He seems to have improved as the season has gone along. This final regular season game should give us a good indication where he's at.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are upset?!?! We have to rest our hopes for the plays offs on the shoulders of mike glennon and the buccaneers! The buccaneers!!! Atlanta practically ripped my heart out the other night. We will handle our business, don't you worry about that!

You think that's bad? We're hanging our playoff hopes on... oh, wait... nevermind. :L

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Gore is the least of the Cards D worries though as Vernon Davis destroyed them in the first meeting this season with 8 catches 180 yards and 2 TDs and that was without Crabtree in the lineup.

Obviously I don't believe that will happen again seeing as the Cards are going to be motivated, at home, and will make adjustments but if they are clearly going to need to focus on stopping VD which should leave other areas open and it's up to the OC Roman and Kaepernick to take advantage of them.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that play pretty much described atl's season. I wasn't even that upset considering how bad we were this yr with injuries and then just overall a shit o-line

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona is à better matchup for SF than it was for Seattle. SF has better interior protection and receivers that can get open more easily than what Seattle has. I expect SF to win this weekend.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona is à better matchup for SF than it was for Seattle. SF has better interior protection and receivers that can get open more easily than what Seattle has. I expect SF to win this weekend.

SF has had a cake schedule other than our battle in there backyard… When they've faced tougher defenses and can't run the ball they've struggled… AZ is the best run D in football right now … I expect AZ to win this one at home… They just came off barely beating Atlanta who has no defense…

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has had a cake schedule other than our battle in there backyard… When they've faced tougher defenses and can't run the ball they've struggled… AZ is the best run D in football right now … I expect AZ to win this one at home… They just came off barely beating Atlanta who has no defense…

In week 6 The 49ers offense rushed for 149 yds. and 1 TD on 38 carries. RB Frank Gore paced the ground game with 101 yds. on 25 carries.

Not saying that's gonna happen again this week but the 9ers have had success running the ball against the Cards this year. I believe the game could go either way and a AZ win wouldn't shock me neither would a 9er win. And for whatever reason Crabtree just seems to have huge games against AZ abusing Patrick Peterson.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In week 6 The 49ers offense rushed for 149 yds. and 1 TD on 38 carries. RB Frank Gore paced the ground game with 101 yds. on 25 carries.

Not saying that's gonna happen again this week but the 9ers have had success running the ball against the Cards this year. I believe the game could go either way and a AZ win wouldn't shock me neither would a 9er win. And for whatever reason Crabtree just seems to have huge games against AZ abusing Patrick Peterson.

Any given Sunday things can happen… I'll never say never in pro sports I just think AZ is really playing at a high level defensively… I'm sure your Niners D will give them some problems as well.. Should be a grind out but at home I'm gonna give AZ the edge…. There definitely not the same team your Niners beat earlier in the year…

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

They struggled in that two game stretch against the Panthers and Saints because of terrible play calling and scheme by the offensive coaches (8 or 9 in the box to stop the run? Sure we'll run Gore up the gut again and again) and Kaepernick was playing like crap. Since the Saints game and with the return of Crabtree there has been a better balance on offense and they've done a better job of passing around the 8 man stuff the run boxes.

Also like I mentioned earlier the Cards didn't lose because they couldn't stop the run as they did a good job of keeping Gore mostly in check. They lost because Vernon Davis hung 180 yards and 2 TDs on him and that was without Crabtree in the lineup commanding some attention.

Concerning Atlanta they actually played a great game on Monday and they are a good team with a poor record so I do tip my hat to them. Just because you struggle the week before doesn't mean you're going to struggle the following week or Seattle has no chance against the Rams since they couldnt' beat the Cards on their home turf with Palmer trying to gift wrap the game to them with 4 INTs.

Personally I do think we can very easily lose this game though. It reminds me of the 9ers vs Hawks last December in that you could tell Seattle really wanted to win that game badly to make a statement and prove something. The Cards are giving me the same vibe with their performance this past Sunday and their upcoming game this week in that they are hungry to make a statement and prove they belong in the same conversation with the big boys.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting Crabtree back and back in game shape will help the offense when and if the running game struggles.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Crabtree back and back in game shape will help the offense when and if the running game struggles.

Difficult to get Crabtree the ball when Zona's D is in the backfield chasing Kap. Don't sleep on Zona's D, they've gotten 100x's better then the first time your teams met.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a good defense but the Niners offense isn't the same when they don't have a healthy 1000 yard receiver, anyone that doesn't believe that is foolish.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a good defense but the Niners offense isn't the same when they don't have a healthy 1000 yard receiver, anyone that doesn't believe that is foolish.

A top notch D will find ways to hold good offenses down. Yes Crabs does make a difference but don't be shocked if the Niners O struggles on the road. AZ D is ranked 7th which is better then just good as you put it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top notch D will find ways to hold good offenses down. Yes Crabs does make a difference but don't be shocked if the Niners O struggles on the road. AZ D is ranked 7th which is better then just good as you put it.

I would say the defenses are pretty much a push so who's offense is better, I would say the Niners struggling offense will do better than the Cards struggling offense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the defenses are pretty much a push so who's offense is better, I would say the Niners struggling offense will do better than the Cards struggling offense.

I would have thought the same for the Seahawks, but that Cards team is scrappy. Learn from us Seahawks fans, don't assume a victory because it could come back to bite you in the ass.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have thought the same for the Seahawks, but that Cards team is scrappy. Learn from us Seahawks fans, don't assume a victory because it could come back to bite you in the ass.

The only game that I was completely shocked we lost was the Colts game @ home, that was a stunner and since then I haven't taken any team for granted hell I thought we were about to collapse to the 4-10 Falcons.
Unlike you guys we haven't had the home record consistency that might lead to that invincibility complex.

This has got to be the wildest week 17 in a while.