• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMG SF just dodged a bullet

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be a further momentum builder for the Niners, who seem to be peaking at the right time. Another good win over a good defensive team would serve them well as they head into the playoffs.

Hmm I don't know man. AZ has won 7-8 games and has a chip on there shoulder right now... There a confident bunch. Definitely not the same team from earlier in the year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm I don't know man. AZ has won 7-8 games and has a chip on there shoulder right now... There a confident bunch. Definitely not the same team from earlier in the year.

Both teams are very confident right now. The Niners should relish this opportunity to make a statement by beating a hot team.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are very confident right now. The Niners should relish this opportunity to make a statement by beating a hot team.
They can relish all they want, but if they play the Cards like they played the Falcons You're gonna feel a lot like we did yesterday.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I bothered getting my hopes up that they would lose this game. They're more than likely going to destroy Arizona next week meaning Seattle is essentially in a must-win situation since I don't see them doing a ton of damage playing on the road through the entire playoffs.

We'll see about that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can relish all they want, but if they play the Cards like they played the Falcons You're gonna feel a lot like we did yesterday.

It's a very relishable Week 17. Who would've thought that a few weeks ago? Win or lose, it's gonna be a great week of football.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me, how much did you fear Carson Palmer and his 4 interceptions in Seattle before last week?

Without a doubt Seattle, whether in Seattle or not, is capable of winning any game, but they are by far "unbeatable" and San Francisco is about is as good as team you will play, here, there, or anyplace in between.

Three weeks ago I couldn't even really fathom the fact that you guys wouldn't be the one seed, yet here we are, with games on the schedule that still matter. Like I said a couple weeks ago, if one seemingly insignificant play or call went one way or another, this conversation could be entirely different right now.

Personally, I don't fear Seattle and I can't wait to watch Kap go into your place and kick your team's ass!

Go Rams :suds:

On the winning TD, Floyd was the third read and Palmer looked off Earl Thomas who was covering Fitz over the middle. That was a savvy vet play, Kap cant manipulate a defense like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a very relishable Week 17. Who would've thought that a few weeks ago? Win or lose, it's gonna be a great week of football.

I still like our position… I would rather be at home with our destiny in our hands than playing AZ on the road hoping for a rival to lose… Last year was eerily similar but you guy's had the edge by a half a game and needed a close out win at home…

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see about that.

Not trying to trash the Cards, I hope they win. But it's like we're saying, the Hawks don't tend to get any help from other teams when they need it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only pray that the 49ers come to seattle in the playoffs they beat us by 2 points (in candlestick) and a last second field goal in which they killed the clock so we couldnt get the ball back now all of a sudden they think they can handle us in the link.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The 9ers and Cardinals game should be a low scoring tight matchup.

The more I think about the game the more I have no idea on how it's going to pan out.

The Cardinals are at home and seem bent on sending a message to everyone in the NFC West and they have to win to have any shot at the playoffs.

The 9ers are on a short week, have a playoff spot locked up, and are depending on Seattle losing at home for a chance at a 1st or 2nd seed. If they control their destiny I would expect them to come out like gangbusters but they are in that awkward spot where you don't want to expend too much energy in a game that might wind up being meaningless in the end.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers and Cardinals game should be a low scoring tight matchup.

The more I think about the game the more I have no idea on how it's going to pan out.

The Cardinals are at home and seem bent on sending a message to everyone in the NFC West and they have to win to have any shot at the playoffs.

The 9ers are on a short week, have a playoff spot locked up, and are depending on Seattle losing at home for a chance at a 1st or 2nd seed. If they control their destiny I would expect them to come out like gangbusters but they are in that awkward spot where you don't want to expend too much energy in a game that might wind up being meaningless in the end.

Jikkle I just want to thank you for being a great poster here on the Seahawks board. I'd wish you good luck with the Cards, but I'm pulling for the Cards. Should be an interesting last week of football!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even the most daring analyst couldn't have imagined a scenario where three NFC West teams would win 10+ games, with the 4th team having a shot at an 8-8 season (which I'm obviously hoping doesn't happen because it would mean the Seahawks lost this week). They might have thought this would be the best division in football going into the season, but I don't know if anybody thought it would be this good.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me, how much did you fear Carson Palmer and his 4 interceptions in Seattle before last week?

Without a doubt Seattle, whether in Seattle or not, is capable of winning any game, but they are by far "unbeatable" and San Francisco is about is as good as team you will play, here, there, or anyplace in between.

Three weeks ago I couldn't even really fathom the fact that you guys wouldn't be the one seed, yet here we are, with games on the schedule that still matter. Like I said a couple weeks ago, if one seemingly insignificant play or call went one way or another, this conversation could be entirely different right now.

Personally, I don't fear Seattle and I can't wait to watch Kap go into your place and kick your team's ass!

Go Rams :suds:

If the offense doesn't wake up maybe Kap can win in Seattle. If the offense gets moving from the beginning and we already know the Hawks D makes Kap look like a 3rd string high school QB, then I'm fully confident the Niners walk out of Seattle with another loss.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jikkle I just want to thank you for being a great poster here on the Seahawks board. I'd wish you good luck with the Cards, but I'm pulling for the Cards. Should be an interesting last week of football!

Well I guess you won't be offended that I'm pulling for the Rams this week then (as much as that pains me to say).

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watched the game last night but caught the highlights. SF is a VERY good team no doubt about it. Good teams find ways to win and they did. The Hawks and 9ers are teams to be reckon with in the playoffs no matter how you slice it.

I hope we get to face each other in the playoffs!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess you won't be offended that I'm pulling for the Rams this week then (as much as that pains me to say).

And we'll be rooting for the Cardinals just for insurance in case the Hawks loses. ;)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this sudden infatuation with the Cards and how some Seahawks fans would rather face them over the 49ers

This is no insult to the Cards because they are a damn good team, but the 49ers are by far the more dangerous threat in the playoffs.

Say what you want about Kap aka Kaeptain Panic, but Carson Palmer is way more likely to turn the ball over multiple times than Kap is. What the 49ers have is a consistent run game that they can rely on and don't have to take many risks versus the secondary.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are upset?!?! We have to rest our hopes for the plays offs on the shoulders of mike glennon and the buccaneers! The buccaneers!!! Atlanta practically ripped my heart out the other night. We will handle our business, don't you worry about that!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had pretty much given up on this game when San Francisco had a 10 point lead with five minutes left. When I checked back a bit later I was surprised that it was a three point game with Atlanta driving for a shot at either the tie or the lead. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and there's nothing they can do to change it now, but I'd have liked to see Atlanta run the ball once they got to the 11. They had time to run the ball with over a minute left and all three timeouts to use. If they didn't get in from 11 yards out on three run plays with three timeouts, they could have kicked the short field goal and gone into overtime with an opportunity to win it there. They didn't have to force a throw into the endzone. Maybe the Falcons figured they had nothing really to lose by throwing it there, but I wonder whether they would have made the decision to throw from that close in that situation if they had a trip to the playoffs on the line instead of a top five pick.