• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State hires former Ok State OC

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State to hire former Oklahoma State OC Mike Yurcich

PASADENA, Calif -- Ohio State head coach Ryan Day has added the first big name to his coaching staff.

Former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich is coming to Columbus as the Buckeyes’ co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach. He will also serve as the Buckeyes' passing game coordinator.

Also, apparently Wilson is expected to stay on staff. Interesting.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming this is a good hire? Oklahoma State's offense tends to be good.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is notorious for trying to force plays and then find something that shreds a defense and going back to forcing the same three plays and a punt.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, if you love getting great QBs and then having the world's most frustrating play caller ever, sure.

We've been crossing our fingers every time Yurcich whom we refer to as Yursuck gets any interest from another program.
Well that's not encouraging

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is notorious for trying to force plays and then find something that shreds a defense and going back to forcing the same three plays and a punt.

Yeah that almost never happened against us.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's not encouraging

I gave you cake because you're going to need it.

It was looking and sounding like he was going to either get Co-OC'ed or pushed out after this season.

Also, he will try to slow a game down with 10 minutes to go and try to play like an SEC 3 yards and a cloud of dust team with a lead, especially when his team is geared for pace and spreading it out.

His play calling cost us at least 7 games in the past 2 years

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that almost never happened against us.

To be fair, it would have if not for our run game being stupid against you guys for what ever reason.

It's like Everytime we played a Dana led team you guys were ready for the pass but never defended the run.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it would have if not for our run game being stupid against you guys for what ever reason.

It's like Everytime we played a Dana led team you guys were ready for the pass but never defended the run.

I’ll let my ole pal @GoldRusher explain that one. He loves it

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for you guys, I really do.

So, who are you guys going to poach? I assume most Dana's staff is also gone?

Nah, you guys were usually the better team whenever we played anyway so it made sense y’all beat us so regularly. Besides I think we are still paying for somehow beating you in ‘13.

The name I’m hearing is Neal Brown. Guy from Troy and apparently part of the staff wants to stay. But that’s all “sources” saying this stuff.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, you guys were usually the better team whenever we played anyway so it made sense y’all beat us so regularly. Besides I think we are still paying for somehow beating you in ‘13.

The name I’m hearing is Neal Brown. Guy from Troy and apparently part of the staff wants to stay. But that’s all “sources” saying this stuff.

I'm salty about 2013, that was on helluva unexpectedly good team too.

Brown has an awesome track record but would he try to redefine the typically explosive Eers for a more mythodical and defensive oriented team?

We are very very quiet by all accounts on who we will go after for OC right now and it's worrisome.

I think we will try and throw money at Marcus Arroyo (Oregon's OC) who until this past year was our RB coach. He makes sense and at one point it seemed he could become a HC in waiting type.

It's also a pipe dream to get Todd Monken back in Stillwater since Tampa Bay just canned their HC (where Monken is OC) and most the time, new HCs clear house.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm salty about 2013, that was on helluva unexpectedly good team too.

Brown has an awesome track record but would he try to redefine the typically explosive Eers for a more mythodical and defensive oriented team?

We are very very quiet by all accounts on who we will go after for OC right now and it's worrisome.

I think we will try and throw money at Marcus Arroyo (Oregon's OC) who until this past year was our RB coach. He makes sense and at one point it seemed he could become a HC in waiting type.

It's also a pipe dream to get Todd Monken back in Stillwater since Tampa Bay just canned their HC (where Monken is OC) and most the time, new HCs clear house.

You guys were real good in 13. Still don’t understand that one.

Hopefully we can get brown. Nothing is sighted yet. But I hope if it’s him he brings a semblance of a defense with him. We have been just awful on that side of the ball since we got here.

Wish ya’s good luck in your search. There is always Bobby petrino.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait yall had Tim Beck as your OC?

Reactions: gob

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys were real good in 13. Still don’t understand that one.

Hopefully we can get brown. Nothing is sighted yet. But I hope if it’s him he brings a semblance of a defense with him. We have been just awful on that side of the ball since we got here.

Wish ya’s good luck in your search. There is always Bobby petrino.
Gotta admit The more I'm learning about Brown the more I'm liking that one. Only thing that has me concerned is... I can totally see him keeping Gibby on staff and keeping that freggin 3-3-5 "defense".

Hope Im dead wrong on that one