• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State fans -- what to do about Schiano/PSU

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see someone sexually abusing a kid in a bathroom, your coaching level is irrelevant. Seeing it and doing nothing over 30 years is only less bad than what Paterno did in that Paterno had multiple reports from multiple people. If what McQueary says is true, what Schiano did might actually be worse than Peterno because he cause Sandusky in the act of the abuse.

I need to come clean here. Twenty years ago, when I was visiting Grand Rapids, I went down to the hotel pool and saw Jimbo Harbaugh finger banging a young @MAIZEandBLUE09's poop-crusted ass.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish mothfuckers would quit defending people that didn't report a child R apist to police.

It's disgusting.

You see a kid get R aped at work, you gonna tell your boss and never think about it again?

This. Although, I might not report it at all, or at least not right away. However, I'd probably punch the fucking creeper right in the temple, then snap his dick off and shove it in his ear.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What better explanation do you need than him saying, "It didn't happen"?
OJ said he was innocent and was going to look for the real killers. :) Sorry -- I just got done watch the OJ story on ESPN.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care what OSU does.

I would want UofM to can him if he was at UofM. OSU is OSU and would find a great replacement if they wanted to let him go.

Schiano needs to get out ahead of this for his own sake. A better explanation would help. I am sure he wants to be a head coach again and this isn't a huge issue to a DC but is to a head coach.

Agree 100%, and I think you have your answer why Schiano will deny till he is blue in the face. If he ever wants a HC position, he CANNOT be associated with that fiasco.

Because PSU was trying to make their insurance carrier pay some of the settlements, they were able to open sealed documents and make this a national story again. PSU should have paid it all and made it go away ASAP. Now they deal with the consequences.

Also agree -- I would want UM to fire him if he were here. That is just my personal opinion though. If they didn't fire him, I wouldn't be overly upset.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What better explanation do you need than him saying, "It didn't happen"?

The quote I heard on radio was " I didn't see anything"

Not he wasn't told or he didn't know anything, or it didn't happen.

Again you won't draw much attention as DC. If he wants to be a Head Coach again I think he would have a more definitive answer than parsing words.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quote I heard on radio was " I didn't see anything"

Not he wasn't told or he didn't know anything, or it didn't happen.

Again you won't draw much attention as DC. If he wants to be a Head Coach again I think he would have a more definitive answer than parsing words.

Doesn't get much more definitive than this, I don't think . . .

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to come clean here. Twenty years ago, when I was visiting Grand Rapids, I went down to the hotel pool and saw Jimbo Harbaugh finger banging a young @MAIZEandBLUE09's poop-crusted ass.
I don't think it's even remotely funny to joke about this stuff.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under federal guidelines, not reporting a federal crime and lying under oath, are both crimes.
Ahh, I didn't realize there was a Federal law as well. Seems like it's on the level of obstruction of justice.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scUM fans still desperate I see.
Desperate for what? I'm not OK with these guys being employed and would have hoped OSU fans also had the same standards.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley testifies that he never knew of abuse while at Penn State and Mcqueary testifies Bradley told him that Sciabo told Bradley he saw something. One of them is lying. Unfortunately we will probably never know which.

So basically, it would be kind of hard to fire someone based on this accusation. It might have prevented Ohio State from hiring him to begin with, but since they already have he won't get fired.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Tom Bradley was accused of knowing about it before these records came out. He was at UCLA all last season and West Virginia before that. Where was all the moral outrage Michigan fans?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conclusion of this thread is that Ohio State fans don't think Paterno did anything wrong, think his statue should be put back up and the glory of Penn State restored -- because, after all, there's no concrete evidence that he did anything wrong and it's just a "he said, he said" situation.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conclusion of this thread is that Ohio State fans don't think Paterno did anything wrong, think his statue should be put back up and the glory of Penn State restored -- because, after all, there's no concrete evidence that he did anything wrong and it's just a "he said, he said" situation.
As usual, you could not be more wrong. I have detailed my conclusion that if not for Paterno's intervention, Curley, Schultz and Spanier would have reported Sandusky to the Department of Public Welfare in 2001. I have done so several times here. Won't give the entire detail here, but they were set to report him until Schultz talked it over with Joe and decided to just go to Sandusky and tell him he would not be allowed to bring kids to PSU any more. It's all in the email trail if you bother to look.

I also posted this:

JoePaStatueHeadUpAss.jpg

and that if they do put the statue up, a plaque should be attached stating "I should have done more."

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was all your outrage last year when Bradley was still coaching?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was all your outrage last year when Bradley was still coaching?
Bradly IS still coaching and his ass should be fired as well. I stopped paying attention to most of this Penn State stuff a while ago because it was most of the same -- but I didn't quite realize how MANY people knew about it. It's just gross and wrong that they're allowed to coach in football still.