• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State AD named to the CFP committee

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Smith will be a good addition...

Last edited:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a fair guy that knows football.
I don't trust any ad's. I think the system is a sham, was hoping Wisconsin would win the B1G title and expose it when they got in since Barry Alvarez is on the committee.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust any ad's. I think the system is a sham, was hoping Wisconsin would win the B1G title and expose it when they got in since Barry Alvarez is on the committee.

He can't vote for Ohio St or anything like that.

So basically, Ohio St lost a vote.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't vote for Ohio St or anything like that.

So basically, Ohio St lost a vote.
You still have influence in the room. They say, "oh well they leave the room". But really what the hell does that do? I can come back into the room and rail every other team I am allowed to talk about. I don't buy into the idea that it hurts your team when you have someone in their who can lobby for them. Not just ragging on this one time, but in all circumstances this is a shitty way to go about it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What grills my cheese is having someone like Condoleeza Rice on the CFP selection committee. ESPN pushed that to happen. I am so fucking tired of political correctness getting in the way of things being done the way they should be done. :tsk:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What grills my cheese is having someone like Condoleeza Rice on the CFP selection committee. ESPN pushed that to happen. I am so fucking tired of political correctness getting in the way of things being done the way they should be done. :tsk:

Well they got it right that year. You could argue they didn't this year.

I mean College Football Jesus (Tom Osborne) was on the first committee so you know there was no funny business.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Committee should be made up of the following people only.
1. Barry Switzer
2. Tom Osborne
3. Bobby Bowden
4. Mack Brown
5. Phil Fulmer
6. Lloyd Carr
7. Gene Stallings
8. Jimmy Johnson
9. and a couple of other guys.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Committee should be made up of the following people only.
1. Barry Switzer
2. Tom Osborne
3. Bobby Bowden
4. Mack Brown
5. Phil Fulmer
6. Lloyd Carr
7. Gene Stallings
8. Jimmy Johnson
9. and a couple of other guys.
Lloyd quit the committee.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have one job, Mr Smith. Ensure Michigan never makes the CFP. God speed :salute:
That's my biggest gripe with the hire. How can you have a sitting AD, with clear conflicts of interest, sitting on the board that would decide such things? It immediately erases and credibility they have as an unbiased unit. At least with retired people you could claim that they don't personally benefit. But with Smith, if OSU does well -- he does well...and potentially financially. That shouldn't be allowed.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because he wasn't surrounded by similar type coaches who brought a rational well thought out perspective to the room.

Think he quit about the time his grandson got really sick. Could be wrong though.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they got it right that year. You could argue they didn't this year.

I mean College Football Jesus (Tom Osborne) was on the first committee so you know there was no funny business.

I would prefer to see guys like Tom Osborne, Barry Switzer, Mack Brown and a half dozen older coaches from around the country on the committee plus some newer blood. The coaches know how the game is played. I'd rotate the older coaches every couple of years. And I wouldn't worry about "prejudice". I actually trust them more than most of the sports figures, politicians, etc. who think they know how to pick the best teams in the country.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer to see guys like Tom Osborne, Barry Switzer, Mack Brown and a half dozen older coaches from around the country on the committee plus some newer blood. The coaches know how the game is played. I'd rotate the older coaches every couple of years. And I wouldn't worry about "prejudice". I actually trust them more than most of the sports figures, politicians, etc. who think they know how to pick the best teams in the country.

I trust an AD about as far as I can throw one.