• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State AD named to the CFP committee

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest gripe with the hire. How can you have a sitting AD, with clear conflicts of interest, sitting on the board that would decide such things? It immediately erases and credibility they have as an unbiased unit. At least with retired people you could claim that they don't personally benefit. But with Smith, if OSU does well -- he does well...and potentially financially. That shouldn't be allowed.

Meh, I'm willing to trust someone to be objective in this situation should it come down to it. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Gene Smith is already the AD of the largest athletic department in the country. How much free time does the guy have to devote to something like this?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ova with. They in the playoffs next year :dance:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm willing to trust someone to be objective in this situation should it come down to it. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Gene Smith is already the AD of the largest athletic department in the country. How much free time does the guy have to devote to something like this?

wtf does he have to do.

matta and meyer will be there a looong time...

although, matta will be on the hot seat after tonight :dhd:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it his own health then? I knew I remembered it was someone's health
Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr steps down from College Football Playoff committee

“This is a difficult decision because I have enjoyed my preparations and I have the greatest respect for the other committee members and the playoff itself,” Carr said in a statement. "I regret that health issues will prevent me from executing the responsibilities expected of a committee member.”

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf does he have to do.

matta and meyer will be there a looong time...

although, matta will be on the hot seat after tonight :dhd:

They have like 135 varsity sports (I am exaggerating but it's a lot). The guy has got to be pretty busy

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest gripe with the hire. How can you have a sitting AD, with clear conflicts of interest, sitting on the board that would decide such things? It immediately erases and credibility they have as an unbiased unit. At least with retired people you could claim that they don't personally benefit. But with Smith, if OSU does well -- he does well...and potentially financially. That shouldn't be allowed.

good thing michigan doesn't need to worry about any of that.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a BS pick....

....the committee needs a man of honor and integrity....

jim_tressel.jpg

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a BS pick....

....the committee needs a man of honor and integrity....

jim_tressel.jpg

I know this was a joke but I think Tressel actually would do a good job on the CFP

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What grills my cheese is having someone like Condoleeza Rice on the CFP selection committee. ESPN pushed that to happen. I am so fucking tired of political correctness getting in the way of things being done the way they should be done. :tsk:

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. She has proven herself to be pretty well versed in college football. Not to mention the fact that if you can be Secretary of State for the most powerful nation on Earth, you probably have enough common sense to pick 4 teams to be in the playoffs and not fuck it up too bad. It's not like they appointed Katy Perry or some shit like that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to have to disagree on this one. She has proven herself to be pretty well versed in college football. Not to mention the fact that if you can be Secretary of State for the most powerful nation on Earth, you probably have enough common sense to pick 4 teams to be in the playoffs and not fuck it up too bad. It's not like they appointed Katy Perry or some shit like that.
Would Katy Perry be that bad? She picked Ole Miss over Bama and Miss St over LSU a couple years ago.
Katy_Perry_riding.gif