• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oficial Hokie National LOI Signing Checklist

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Fisher:

The heqdlines and blurb of the story do not tell he actuality if the situation. As I understand it, it was not anything big by Holland himself. He is working uber-hard to qualify and get to Blacksburg and that would be the best for him as a player and person. Everyone hope and wish him the best.

I'm not doubting you or his work ethic, but I thought I heard it was a ten day suspension? They don't just throw those out willy nilly

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very stoked about his class. It has major star potential.

D- Fisher, Fuller, and Teller are probably going to be studs. The secondary has been shored up (much needed) significantly with these guys ^^^ and throw in Facyson,Clark and Jefferson (who many people are really saying might be the steal of the class).

O- Not quite as excited about but still solid players in Bucky, Parker, Reid and Newsome. I hope one or two of the OL works out. Don't know much about them but Osterloh is a big ole boy. Chung has good bloodlines too. We'll see what Grimey can do with 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doubting you or his work ethic, but I thought I heard it was a ten day suspension? They don't just throw those out willy nilly

you get a zero on every grade while you're suspended, right? If that's true, and he's out 10 days, this could be a big blow to his chances of qualifying whether it's deserved or not.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know whether Thomas Smith signed another LOI?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been suspended, so I don't know. I don't think so. I am pretty sure they can still do work or it would be a double hit for students.

Smith didn't need to re-sign. I assume he will be here in the summer sometime.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been suspended, so I don't know. I don't think so. I am pretty sure they can still do work or it would be a double hit for students.

Smith didn't need to re-sign. I assume he will be here in the summer sometime.

Yes, even though you are suspended from school, you can still do your work, someone just has to go to the school and gather your assignments from your teachers. The only thing with being suspended for 10 days, that probably takes all of his alotted days allowed to miss school. He will probably have to attend every Saturday school session from here until the end of the year.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
you get a zero on every grade while you're suspended, right? If that's true, and he's out 10 days, this could be a big blow to his chances of qualifying whether it's deserved or not.

That could be true in some districts, but not in Chesterfield County. Students make up the work when they get back with little consequence. He'll probably get some home work sent to him if its ten days, and he'll have to make up tests when back at school. The only way he takes a huge grade hit is if he is unmotivated or incapable of learning the material at home in the short term.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow I guess it varies by county. In PWC, out of school suspension means 0 on everything and you are not allowed to make it up. In school suspension means you can't like interact with people or go to class, but you get to make up the work

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Hylton HS, I don't live in VA anymore. But Hylton and my house back there are only 15 min or so from Woodbridge

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great set of quick quotes from the new signees on why they picked VT. The coaches should print these up and plop them down in front of anyone they're recruiting in Virginia.

love this quote from Pfaff: "It’s a great place for a lineman coming in, with the new coaches, and there’s an opportunity for early playing time."

National Signing Day is Here

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the correct pronunciation of Motuapuaka?

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Beamer it's pronounced "Andrew"

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't realize til i read vtf.com '13 report that Facyson is pronounced fay-zon ???

Temuchin is a bad ass name. Named after Genghis Khan? It doesn't get much more bad-ass than that. It's up there with Leonidas and Maximus

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in PWC? I am thinking about dragging Hokie200 to a Woodbridge game this fall to see Marcus Boone and some kid named Hand. How far are you from Woodbridge Senior?

this is gonna be 46 and Hokie200