• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good news.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sounds like Cequan Jefferson didn't get the test score he needed to enroll at VT. I hate that for him.</p>&mdash; VirginiaTechFan (@VTechFanBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/VTechFanBlog/statuses/419887886121451521">January 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hanging up my Cleats</p>&mdash; Cequan Jefferson!! (@Real_PrimeTime2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Real_PrimeTime2/statuses/419875401176203264">January 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I wish all my Fork Union brothers good luck on the next level Ballout like i know yall is . ill be watching from home</p>&mdash; Cequan Jefferson!! (@Real_PrimeTime2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Real_PrimeTime2/statuses/419850641805426688">January 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Fisher is definitely enrolling this semester???

Wow. Really sad to hear about Cequan. Hurt for the kid.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is terrible news. We are going to miss him next year.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jeferson was slotted for DB, where we have recruited well the last few years. But that's beside the point, sucks to lose him if that is truly the case. He was an impact player. Good luck to him.

Somewhat OT, but seems the Richmond City guys are having trouble with qualifying the last few years.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He doesn't indicate if he is still trying to get to VT, but here is this...<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I hope y'all don't think I'm quitting Football lol .the media is very funny Nothing is going to stop me from playing ball my page was hack</p>&mdash; Cequan Jefferson!! (@Real_PrimeTime2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Real_PrimeTime2/statuses/420214784114839552">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that's good news. Maybe there's still a shot for him to enroll in the fall? We have 3, count them, THREE returning scholarship CBs... Fuller, Facyson, and Riley. Jefferson was going to be a big piece of our secondary depth in 2014. Remember when we were loaded at CB and paper thin at safety? That has now reversed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jeferson was slotted for DB, where we have recruited well the last few years. But that's beside the point, sucks to lose him if that is truly the case. He was an impact player. Good luck to him.

Somewhat OT, but seems the Richmond City guys are having trouble with qualifying the last few years.

Technically he went to Henrico High School which is a Henrico County school, not city of Richmond. Fisher was Chesterfield county. Hermitage and Varina are also Henrico county where we have gotten a few guys from recently. Thomas Dale where CJ Reavis is from is also Chesterfield I believe. We haven't gotten anyone from the City schools recently.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically he went to Henrico High School which is a Henrico County school, not city of Richmond. Fisher was Chesterfield county. Hermitage and Varina are also Henrico county where we have gotten a few guys from recently. Thomas Dale where CJ Reavis is from is also Chesterfield I believe. We haven't gotten anyone from the City schools recently.

Yeah..I guess I did say City didn't I? Richmond area guys...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to hear Jefferson may be back in the picture.

I think Greene and Clark could likely play CB next year. But after a 2nd glance, you guys are right, we are not very deep there. Losing Tone, Kyle, and some of the other guys (Manning) has really hurt us a bit there.

Guys like Stroman, Jefferson, Edmunds (CB) and Reavis, Fisher, Payne, and McMillian (S) may be looking at some early PT. I think we will be taking several CBs next year as well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher will likely come in as Safety or Whip wont he?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher will likely come in as Safety or Whip wont he?

Yes. I think that's what sparks was saying with the (S), at least as far as safety goes. I wonder if whip isn't more likely, though. We haven't been able to use the whip much lately because we haven't had the right kind of athlete to put there, but Fisher would sure seem to be a good fit. Has the necessary physicality and coverage ability. And it would get him and Reavis on the field at the same time, if both of those guys pan out like we hope they will, when Jarrett leaves.

I see Chuck Clark as more of a FS, but he may end up playing some CB due to our lack of depth there. As he did some this year, playing the nickel when we had Fuller and Exum out.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is saying "Despite what has been reported, none of our 3 FUMA guys have been accepted into Virginia Tech yet". He generally seems to have pretty good sources, so this concerns me. Especially when he follows that up with:

"VT classes start next week I believe so they need to get them in here by this week for them to compete in spring practice. However, if they do not make it in all 3 of them would have to go the JUCO route. I think Jefferson has the grades and test scores to enroll elsewhere. He was just shy of what he needed to enroll at Virginia Tech. He would likely decommit and sign an LOI elsewhere. Fisher and Reid would have to go the JUCO route. "

FUMA Guys | Virginia Tech Fan Message Board

if true, this upsets me greatly. Having to go the JUCO route would likely mean class requirements weren't met. Harris all over again? Get this fixed!!!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there some sort of transfer advisor that can work with these kids and their parents to help get the necessary work done so they can enroll in school? If so, THEY SERIOUSLY SUCK AT THEIR JOB. If not, VT needs to seriously consider adding such roles so we can get these reoccurring issues fixed. Imagine if we had Drew this year at RB?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a big JUCO guy, but JUCO's can be useful to fill in gaps where needed with the roster. KSU does an amazing job at this. Maybe Beamer should reach out to Bill Snyder on this one.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is saying "Despite what has been reported, none of our 3 FUMA guys have been accepted into Virginia Tech yet". He generally seems to have pretty good sources, so this concerns me. Especially when he follows that up with:

"VT classes start next week I believe so they need to get them in here by this week for them to compete in spring practice. However, if they do not make it in all 3 of them would have to go the JUCO route. I think Jefferson has the grades and test scores to enroll elsewhere. He was just shy of what he needed to enroll at Virginia Tech. He would likely decommit and sign an LOI elsewhere. Fisher and Reid would have to go the JUCO route. "

From what I have seen from the "guys in the know" on another message board, Fisher is in. His paperwork, scores, and all of those items critical to getting through the NCAA Clearinghouse ,enrolling, and getting on campus may not be done in time for Spring enrollment. Summer enrollment is likely. At least that is the last I heard concerning him.

The other guys...yeah. It isn't looking good. I heard the same concerning Jefferson as you did grad...probably going to have to go elsewhere (with lower academic requirements). A couple of D1 non BCS schools were mentioned. DJ Reid...it sucks bout him. Don't look good there...

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen from the "guys in the know" on another message board, Fisher is in. His paperwork, scores, and all of those items critical to getting through the NCAA Clearinghouse ,enrolling, and getting on campus may not be done in time for Spring enrollment. Summer enrollment is likely. At least that is the last I heard concerning him.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I will like to announce That i will be going to Temple University </p>&mdash; Cequan Jefferson!! (@Real_PrimeTime2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Real_PrimeTime2/statuses/424308992970477568">January 17, 2014</a></blockquote>