• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFSEASON Thread

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jjc2009 Do you remember Steve Emtman?I remember watching him play for Washington and just dominating. I felt sick when he got injured. I thought he was about as tough as they get.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jjc2009 Do you remember Steve Emtman?I remember watching him play for Washington and just dominating. I felt sick when he got injured. I thought he was about as tough as they get.
Sure do. That Washington team was loaded. First defensive player in a long time I could remember being considered for the Heisman too. Its a cruel sport and the reality is, it can happen to anyone at any time. Yet we love this game so much. Modern day Gladiators I guess.

Players have gotten bigger and bigger and faster and faster. Can't defy the laws of physics.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure do. That Washington team was loaded. First defensive player in a long time I could remember being considered for the Heisman too. Its a cruel sport and the reality is, it can happen to anyone at any time. Yet we love this game so much. Modern day Gladiators I guess.

Players have gotten bigger and bigger and faster and faster. Can't defy the laws of physics.
take care man.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take care man.
Likewise. I ain't going anywhere. Still got NSD, and spring ball to look forward to. There's always the PF to mash it up too.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 5 Mil if he fails to get taken in the first round. Something like a $50K premium on the policy. Which is why I think he still comes out. That $5M is guraanteed if he falls out of the first round. He doesn't collect on it if he doesn't enter the draft at all. So either he gets drafted in the first round and gets first round dollars (although after about the 12th pick that's not spectauclar) or he gets $5M plus whatever contract he gets for getting drafted elsewhere. Seems to me a no brainer.
Holy cow ... I didn't know they even did that.

Wow, insurance policies for NFL draft positions/deals? Sheeesh, I guess they got insurance for anything these days.

Well, like you said, looks like Jaylon is gonna get taken care of either way. Smart move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so not a great start to the off season. We have lost a lot of top talent on this team(Day,Fuller, Russell, Stanley,CJ and Smith). We lost all our leaders(Martin, Smith,Schmidt and Day). We still have BVG as our DC. I thought he would be fired by now.

i dont know how we will look next year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow ... I didn't know they even did that.

Wow, insurance policies for NFL draft positions/deals? Sheeesh, I guess they got insurance for anything these days.

Well, like you said, looks like Jaylon is gonna get taken care of either way. Smart move.
Concept has been around a while. Most top prospects take them out. There has been some controversy over whether schools can pay the premiums as an inducement for the player to come back for their senior year.

As far as the insurance market goes, the London insurance market will insure just about anything. Recording artists, insure their voices for example. They are specifically tailored policies.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so not a great start to the off season. We have lost a lot of top talent on this team(Day,Fuller, Russell, Stanley,CJ and Smith). We lost all our leaders(Martin, Smith,Schmidt and Day). We still have BVG as our DC. I thought he would be fired by now.

i dont know how we will look next year.

I'm not shocked that Kelly hasn't fired BVG. So far things haven't gone great but at the end of the day it's really what I expected to happen with the coaches taking 21 kids in this class they've known for some time this was coming.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very true. If we keep BVG we have no shot at winning. He just doesn't know how to use these kids.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very true. If we keep BVG we have no shot at winning. He just doesn't know how to use these kids.

Yeah I'm not to excited that he's still the DC but the only hope is that another year in the system and getting the top tier talent back at several spots will help the defense be more consistent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that last episode was sad. U can see the players were dead after the Smith injury. 1 Interesting thing is the message from Kelly at the end. He told MZ be ready for team 128, MZ replied Im always ready. Kizer is going to be the back up. I think Kelly knows he got everything he can out of Kizer. MZ has the higher ceiling.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least you know both quarterbacks can carry the team to victory. I think VG is able to keep his job because he has the excuse he hasn't had a healthy defense the past 2 years.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least you know both quarterbacks can carry the team to victory. I think VG is able to keep his job because he has the excuse he hasn't had a healthy defense the past 2 years.

I agree BB knowing you have two Qb's is a positive and I also agree that VG is able to keep his job at least it would seem because of the injuries but at some point that won't work any more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree BB knowing you have two Qb's is a positive and I also agree that VG is able to keep his job at least it would seem because of the injuries but at some point that won't work any more.
BVG wont have more talent at ND then he did this year. I dont see him surviving. Last presser we saw of Kelly he basically threw BVG under the bus saying we cant win big games with the D playing like that. I wouldnt be shocked if he is gone after signing day.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BVG wont have more talent at ND then he did this year. I dont see him surviving. Last presser we saw of Kelly he basically threw BVG under the bus saying we cant win big games with the D playing like that. I wouldnt be shocked if he is gone after signing day.

I hope you are right

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a new Strength/Conditioning coach if you ask me. To many injuries over the past few yrs, more than I have seen any other team take in a long time. Something has to give.

BVG is not going anywhere, it would have been done by now. He has the guys he wants now, so no excuses. Just make your def simple and with some nice blitz packages. They biggest issue during the bowl game when they blitz, is they stunted and left the hole wide open. Zeke ran all game where the DL was suppose to be and ran big. If your LB cannot fill the gap, then you can't run that. Dumb it down BVG. KISS!!!!! If this Def does not improve, and I am not sure who much they are going to with all the young/new kids, then you have to do something. However, I feel the excuse is all ready laid out for BVG in the fact they are young and new to starting.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a new Strength/Conditioning coach if you ask me. To many injuries over the past few yrs, more than I have seen any other team take in a long time. Something has to give.

BVG is not going anywhere, it would have been done by now. He has the guys he wants now, so no excuses. Just make your def simple and with some nice blitz packages. They biggest issue during the bowl game when they blitz, is they stunted and left the hole wide open. Zeke ran all game where the DL was suppose to be and ran big. If your LB cannot fill the gap, then you can't run that. Dumb it down BVG. KISS!!!!! If this Def does not improve, and I am not sure who much they are going to with all the young/new kids, then you have to do something. However, I feel the excuse is all ready laid out for BVG in the fact they are young and new to starting.

If the defense costs this team a chance at the playoffs and it's not because of injured players BVG would probably go.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no faith in BVG. Injuries have hit the defense hard since BVG became DC but I haven't seen much promise from the ND defense since he took charge. This year, we improved in defensive YPG and PPG allowed, but our defense has been pathetic when it comes to disruption and turnovers. ND has sucked at sacks, interceptions, and fumble recoveries. We can get stops, but not when we really need them (our 3rd down defensive efficiency was pretty good, but 4th down efficiency was pretty bad). Defense plays like shit to start games. One bright spot is ND can play solid for stretches, but then they will also give up way too many big plays. It is fortunate for BVG we have had an offense that can keep the defense off the field better than most offenses. Our special teams have finally improved and I think our offense will be fine next year. However, I think our defense will hold us back as long as BVG is our DC.