• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official WVU vs TCU game thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TD goes a long way towards relieving my anxiety

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am back home, was listening on the phone app on the way back from the hunting camp, I like our defense better each game. On offense, I think Holgorsen may have read some of my posts, a little Woody Hayes football today.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Total domination! What a great game! I can get used to singing Country Roads with my kin at MPS.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are seeing Holgorsen learning to be a head coach, not just an OC. He has figured out that winning is more than just flash and scoring points. This years team is winning, looking good doing it because of: playing stout defense and very good offensive line play. The defense is doing a good job of getting off the field, they are bending, but not breaking, missed tackles are still an issue, but everyone is where they need to be nearly every play. The biggest concern for our defense moving forward, IMO, is scheme related as we see teams with better running games. Howard is a MUCH better QB with some time, the Oline has greatly improved their pass blocking, and run blocking is improving as well. I loved seeing Howard under center yesterday, handing off to a RB, great game, great run to start the season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have mentioned before, WVU has been able to compete when it has as good as talent as its opponents. Dana is doing nothing today, that he hasn't shown before. He competed well when he took over Billy's team... winning 9 games in the BE regular season... winning the Orange Bowl in record fashion.

He morphed his team last year into one which would pound the rock with power. He's recruited and developed players... placing a bunch in the NFL. He has already proven... before this season... that he could coach.

This year, the talent of the Big 12 is down. And, once again... WVU has become relevant.

It looks like we have some fans trying to jump on the bandwagon. LOL!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have mentioned before, WVU has been able to compete when it has as good as talent as its opponents. Dana is doing nothing today, that he hasn't shown before. He competed well when he took over Billy's team... winning 9 games in the BE regular season... winning the Orange Bowl in record fashion.

He morphed his team last year into one which would pound the rock with power. He's recruited and developed players... placing a bunch in the NFL. He has already proven... before this season... that he could coach.

This year, the talent of the Big 12 is down. And, once again... WVU has become relevant.

It looks like we have some fans trying to jump on the bandwagon. LOL!
No one is jumping on or off any bandwagon, utterly ridiculous. Holgorsen is NOT doing the same things he has all along, did you see a QB under center before? Holgorsen had no regard for defense before, only cared about scoring on big plays, but has grown to where he sees that defense is needed, that a running game is needed. If anything has happened, Holgorsen has jumped on MY bandwagon, by learning his job, seeing that just run and gun video game offense doesnt work. Lets see how the season ends up before you run your mouth too much. We were very lucky to beat BYU and KSU, I am very pleased with where WVU is at right now, impressed with the last two games, but the meat of the schedule is still ahead. The combined record of teams we have played so far is 22-21, take out 1AA YSU and our 1A opponents are 17-19, the teams left on the schedule are two of the ones picked to win the league, I have to figure we SHOULD beat KU and IAST, but OU, Baylor, OSU will be tough, and Texas is a guess, will they be in total turmoil? will they right the ship? will Strong still be there?

tom55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is jumping on or off any bandwagon, utterly ridiculous. Holgorsen is NOT doing the same things he has all along, did you see a QB under center before? Holgorsen had no regard for defense before, only cared about scoring on big plays, but has grown to where he sees that defense is needed, that a running game is needed. If anything has happened, Holgorsen has jumped on MY bandwagon, by learning his job, seeing that just run and gun video game offense doesnt work. Lets see how the season ends up before you run your mouth too much. We were very lucky to beat BYU and KSU, I am very pleased with where WVU is at right now, impressed with the last two games, but the meat of the schedule is still ahead. The combined record of teams we have played so far is 22-21, take out 1AA YSU and our 1A opponents are 17-19, the teams left on the schedule are two of the ones picked to win the league, I have to figure we SHOULD beat KU and IAST, but OU, Baylor, OSU will be tough, and Texas is a guess, will they be in total turmoil? will they right the ship? will Strong still be there?

What an annoying know it all. I am glad I don't have to listen to your nonsense on a daily basis.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an annoying know it all. I am glad I don't have to listen to your nonsense on a daily basis.
What a great addition to the discussion that is, thank you for your input, threw a whole new spin on our thoughts about WVU football.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touch match up this weekend.

Dana had this team focused and ready to play TCU. Keep the eye on the prize and it will all work out.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think you are just seeing us evolve,” said Seider. “Every week it’s something different. We can be wide-open, empty, stack-outside to old-school football with 21-personnel. That’s when you know you are starting to evolve as an offense.”

This is what is exciting about DH as a coach....he has the personel to do whatever is needed to win.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think you are just seeing us evolve,” said Seider. “Every week it’s something different. We can be wide-open, empty, stack-outside to old-school football with 21-personnel. That’s when you know you are starting to evolve as an offense.”

This is what is exciting about DH as a coach....he has the personel to do whatever is needed to win.

Exactly! Dana brought Crook to WVU in 2013. One has to realize bringing a coach from Stanford meant Dana was ready to expand on his running game. Dana had already broken from the Mumme/Leach Air Raid. He no longer ran the Mesh... introduced the Diamond back field at Okie St. Under Crook, WVU started introducing power to an offense that ran a lot of inside/outside zone. What Dana realized was his OL could not get enough pass pro using zone blocking technique. Adding Wickline last winter only helped his OL. Now he could work on man technique with Crook taking interior line and Wickline taking Tackles and TE's.

It was cool to see WVU line up in Power I yesterday. More evolution... put just further proof that Dana will match his players to schemes that put them in the best position to win. This is nothing different!

When Skyler took over QB, Dana started running zone read and QB power.

None of this started in 2016...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bullshit to think Dana didn't care about defense.

In 2011, Casteel and company did a pretty good job with the defense. Casteel supported Coach K, and decided not to stay in Morgantown after it was known Coach K would be fired. Dana wanted Casteel to stay. Jeighmonee was right when he stated Luck and Dana asked Casteel to stay on.

So, Dana hired DeForest... someone he knew from Okie St... but, not his first choice. Casteel left Dana in a bad situation.

The 2012 and 2013 teams suffered on defense because of lack of talent... lack of depth of talent. Dana made a bad hire in putting DeForest as the co-DC. He quickly made a change... before the end of the season.

The 2013 team lost 15 players on the defensive side of the ball. 11 of them started at some point in the season. The 2013 team was one of the youngest in the country at the start of the season. By year's end... it was nothing more than a JV team.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why DC felt the need to create another screen name........Oh Well, whatever floats your boat. I said Holgorsen has changed, BB and DC say he hasn't, then say how much he has changed to prove that he hasn't changed. TOO FUNNY

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Create another screen name? Are you on that again? I guess it is easier to do that than to bring your weak arguments.

Change...adjusting...whatever you want to call it DH is doing what he needs to to win each game...we did not line up in power I vs Tech cause we did not need to...we would not have done that against Mizzou or BYU either since they had strong DL's your the one who has been harping for the last 5 years that this guy can't coach or make adjustments not me.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bullshit to think Dana didn't care about defense.

In 2011, Casteel and company did a pretty good job with the defense. Casteel supported Coach K, and decided not to stay in Morgantown after it was known Coach K would be fired. Dana wanted Casteel to stay. Jeighmonee was right when he stated Luck and Dana asked Casteel to stay on.

So, Dana hired DeForest... someone he knew from Okie St... but, not his first choice. Casteel left Dana in a bad situation.

The 2012 and 2013 teams suffered on defense because of lack of talent... lack of depth of talent. Dana made a bad hire in putting DeForest as the co-DC. He quickly made a change... before the end of the season.

The 2013 team lost 15 players on the defensive side of the ball. 11 of them started at some point in the season. The 2013 team was one of the youngest in the country at the start of the season. By year's end... it was nothing more than a JV team.

Exactly....why would a HC not care about defense. The defense did just fine in our 10-3 season. Because DH was a OC people wanted to label him a offensive guru who didn't care about offense. He is just a coach continuously adjusting to what is in front of him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....why would a HC not care about defense. The defense did just fine in our 10-3 season. Because DH was a OC people wanted to label him a offensive guru who didn't care about offense. He is just a coach continuously adjusting to what is in front of him.

As I said, Dana has always been evolving his offense. He's done it since he first started working in Morgantown. He is doing nothing different in '16 than he's done from '11-15. He has always placed his kids in the best position to win. Fortunately for him, his team has a chance to compete better this year as the talent level in the Big 12 has fallen.

If TCU still had Boykin and Doctson this year, the outcome of yesterday's game would have been much different. Not saying WVU would not have won... because had Clint not had his head nearly torn off... WVU would have beaten them 2 years ago. But... them two were difference makers. And, it's why TCU has lost 3 games this year.

Remember when we had DAD comparing us to TCU all the time? LOL!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love it, I give your boy props for making progress, for making changes in his style, for learning to be a HC, and STILL get attacked by you guys, AMAZING.......Hilarious seeing the arguing that he didnt change because he changed, it proves he changed what he didnt change.....