• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official WVU vs TCU game thread

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR as it seems is a bit over valued for what he did here. Not knocking the games he won here, but as it seems he was not the HC were all put him up there to be since leaving he has only coached at Power 5 schools and not really had much success. He was able to develop a pretty good offense here against lesser competition, but when given the keys to one of the easiest places to recruit he had very little success.

DH has had to mold his offense as the talent changed both on his team and with the opponent. I think that shows a lot more value and if he stays here will be a very good thing for our future. He has told us every step of the way what he was trying to do and now we are seeing the fruits of those labors. DH has really improved our recruiting by filling classes, developing the talent coming in and the overall talent level of the recruits coming in...couple more wins and this class is going to finish pretty damn strong.

I agree...100%....have to tell you though...he seemed put off at his last presser...get the vibe that behind the scenes things are a little jacked up..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR discovered his offense on a fluke play where a Fairmont State QB held the ball instead of handing it off because the LB was going for the RB. The spread option was born. His whole offense revolved around that one play. He used smaller faster offensive lineman because he could not draw the big 5 stars. The speed was lethal and we scored lots of points. In 2006, the USF coach devised a way to stop the play. Pitt used the same blueprint in 2007 exposing the spread option offense. RR went on to coach at other schools with little success as everyone used the USF blueprint to stop it.

RRs success was due to a fluke,otherwise, he has been a below average coach

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offense had some good years, but he really only put it together for one year since he left...

He has done nothing IMO that would warrant him being back at WVU

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...100%....have to tell you though...he seemed put off at his last presser...get the vibe that behind the scenes things are a little jacked up..

With the admin?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I have said, I believe that Holgs is gone after this season. Gibby is the contingency plan if Gee can't get sweatervest here.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so....don't know if you saw this on CBS sports but Shane can't be happy!!

The five most underpaid Power Five college football coaches
I do not see how a coach making $3 million, who has averaged 7 wins a year is underpaid. I don't understand people, they get all jacked up that CEOs of fortune 500 companies should NEVER make over a half million a year, but cheer on coaches, ball players, actors and singers who are pulling in multi millions per year. One thing to keep in mind also is that $3m a year in Morgantown probably equates to $4-$5 m in many college towns.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so....don't know if you saw this on CBS sports but Shane can't be happy!!

The five most underpaid Power Five college football coaches

Lyons should have made the gamble at the beginning of the season...our department can and should have taken the risk. Lyons in my opinion has botched this whole damn thing, with each win he screws ua a little more....not just talking money, but recruiting it is hard to sign guys if they are not sure you are going to be there.

Get the deal done.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not see how a coach making $3 million, who has averaged 7 wins a year is underpaid. I don't understand people, they get all jacked up that CEOs of fortune 500 companies should NEVER make over a half million a year, but cheer on coaches, ball players, actors and singers who are pulling in multi millions per year. One thing to keep in mind also is that $3m a year in Morgantown probably equates to $4-$5 m in many college towns.

How much do you think Saban's paycheck gets him in Tuscaloosa?..or Gundy's in Stillwater?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said, I believe that Holgs is gone after this season. Gibby is the contingency plan if Gee can't get sweatervest here.

Gibby is not ready to lead a program like this...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you think Saban's paycheck gets him in Tuscaloosa?..or Gundy's in Stillwater?
I am not concerned with them, Holgorsen is being paid an average salary among "power 5" schools for doing an average job so far. Everyone is all fired up because we are 6-0, but if a ball bounces a different way a few times, we could be 4-2 right now and the hot seat is still pretty warm. Let's see how the season plays out, then see what happens, if Holgorsen turned down the offer because he doesn't want to be at WVU, giving him a big raise won't do us any favors, if he wants to leave, his job performance will decline regardless of salary. If we end up with ten wins, and Holgorsen wants to be here, there will be a new contract, if not there will be a new coach. There are much more important things to concern ourselves with now, the election is less than two weeks away and our nation as we know it hangs in the balance!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is as ready as Holgorsen was when he was hired.......
Yes and you were totally against that idea....I do not think any of us want to hear you bitch about Gibby for 5 more years. LMAO

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and you were totally against that idea....I do not think any of us want to hear you bitch about Gibby for 5 more years. LMAO
You are 100% correct, given a choice between Holgorsen, who has shown progress in his HC ability, finally, and breaking in another on the job training guy, I'd keep Holgorsen.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not concerned with them, Holgorsen is being paid an average salary among "power 5" schools for doing an average job so far. Everyone is all fired up because we are 6-0, but if a ball bounces a different way a few times, we could be 4-2 right now and the hot seat is still pretty warm. Let's see how the season plays out, then see what happens, if Holgorsen turned down the offer because he doesn't want to be at WVU, giving him a big raise won't do us any favors, if he wants to leave, his job performance will decline regardless of salary. If we end up with ten wins, and Holgorsen wants to be here, there will be a new contract, if not there will be a new coach. There are much more important things to concern ourselves with now, the election is less than two weeks away and our nation as we know it hangs in the balance!!!

So you are saying Kingsbury or a Todd Graham should be making more than Dana?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of the '93 season, WVU enjoyed great success on the football field when it played teams that were less talented.

In the '93 season, WVU defeated 4 year end ranked teams....
#13 - BC
#15 - Miami
#22 - VT
#24 - UofL

That season, they faced one other team with a winning record... SU. None of the other opponents that season won more than 4 games.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 24 OCT 15, WVU had faced the following AP ranked teams (rankings thru Week 9)...
#14 - OU
#12 - Okie St
#2 - BU

Those 3 conference opponents had the following national rankings thru 24 OCT 15...
#30 OU... 338 yds/gm
#21 Okie St... 316 yds
#61 BU... 382 yds

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first 6 games, WVU has faced zero AP ranked teams.

The best defense WVU has faced this season is #23 KSU. KSU held WVU to 17 pts.

The rest of this year's opponents to date...
#110 Mizzou
#79 BYU
#127 TT
#77 TCU.