• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine the Club coming over with the New Day and Shining Stars already coming over. Gotta thing it's done unless they have 1 more Superstar show up in this last match.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, didn't expect that. Don't understand the New Day and Revival program the past 2 weeks to abandon it already.

I think it was just to establish the Revival as bad ass heels before New Day leaving, kind of like Charlotte had done the past 2 weeks on Raw as well.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to analyze it, the trades look like this

- Dean Ambrose for Kevin Owens
- Miz & Maryse for Rusez & Lana
- Apollo Crews for Sami Zayn
- Curt Hawkins for Jinder Mahal
- Kalisto for Sin Cara
- Alexa Bliss & Mickie James for Charlotte & Tamina
- Slater & Rhyno for The Shining Stars
- Bray Wyatt for The New Day

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Kalisto for Sin Cara
Raw came out WAY ahead.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw came out WAY ahead.

Strongly disagree, the only thing Raw beat SD on was the Women but SD beat them on tag teams. Slater and Rhyno are basically on the same level as the Shining Stars but getting the New Day as well was huge.

Also they didn't really lose much towards the top because I would say Ambrose, Miz & Wyatt are about equal to KO, Sami, & Rusev in terms of star potential with maybe the 1st group having the slight advantage. But to say Raw came out WAY ahead is asinine.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly disagree, the only thing Raw beat SD on was the Women but SD beat them on tag teams. Slater and Rhyno are basically on the same level as the Shining Stars but getting the New Day as well was huge.

Also they didn't really lose much towards the top because I would say Ambrose, Miz & Wyatt are about equal to KO, Sami, & Rusev in terms of star potential with maybe the 1st group having the slight advantage. But to say Raw came out WAY ahead is asinine.
Raw got 3 main event stars. SD got a main eventer and 2 mid carders. Raw came out way ahead on those 3.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dislike SD lack of amount of options at the top. They have 4 true main eventers, 5 if you count Corbin, but they don't seem to be willing to push him there.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

- Kalisto for Sin Cara
I think KO was the best acquisition by either brand but Ambrose and Bray were two SD champs last year.
It'd be interesting if they consider the New Day as a faction with Big E as a singles star and Xavier/Kofi as a tag team. SD has enough singles star power but inevitably there will be key injuries at some point.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD has got a stacked roster with its upper card talent when you include Nakamura and the trades.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SD has the better in ring talent. When Cena's there a top 5 including him, AJ, Nakamura, Owens and Zayn is a bunch of 4 to 5 star matches waiting to happen.
Raw has the better promos with Enzo, Heyman, Ambrose, Wyatt, Miz and Rollins.
I think it worked out well enough for both brands. Raw needs better promos to take up the extra hour and SD has an identity geared towards the hardcore fans more interested in match quality.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also AJ had a promo on the app/YouTube channel where he talks like a classic patriotic babyface about bringing the US title home. That's a VKM babyface

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the point of the Sin Cara for Kalisto trade. Both are cruiserweights and work well as a tag team. So WWE just had them swap brands, why??? I know, I know, they're both lower mid-card....um...below mid-card???

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the point of the Sin Cara for Kalisto trade. Both are cruiserweights and work well as a tag team. So WWE just had them swap brands, why??? I know, I know, they're both lower mid-card....um...below mid-card???

They probably want to use Kalisto for the Cruisierweight division and don't want to use Sin Cara at all and if they're on separate brands they wont be forced to make them team up.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably want to use Kalisto for the Cruisierweight division and don't want to use Sin Cara at all and if they're on separate brands they wont be forced to make them team up.
They already weren't using Sin Cara at all at least on TV. Kalisto for that matter either. Oh well!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already weren't using Sin Cara at all at least on TV. Kalisto for that matter either. Oh well!

They were using Kalisto to make Baron Corbin look at end of last year, then we got into WM season and he didn't really have a place. I'm sure now we'll see him more, as for Sin Cara they may just not care about the guy anymore but he sells too much merch to just release.