• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were using Kalisto to make Baron Corbin look at end of last year, then we got into WM season and he didn't really have a place. I'm sure now we'll see him more, as for Sin Cara they may just not care about the guy anymore but he sells too much merch to just release.

I'd imagine that both Sin Cara and Kalisto are used extensively on house shows, where their style fits a more kid-friendly audience.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine that both Sin Cara and Kalisto are used extensively on house shows, where their style fits a more kid-friendly audience.
I'd say Kalisto will be a cruiserweight and get a decent run.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree. SD only has 4 real upper card talents.

Styles is the best in ring performer in the company. Owens is the best overall performer in the company. Cena's the biggest active legend. Nakamura is the most charasmatic. Orton is 13 time world champion. That

I know you're not a fan of Zayn but almost everyone else thinks he's talented. Corbin has gotten a perfect push the past year. I'm a huge fan of Rusev.
It's a good mix of talent IMO

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Styles is the best in ring performer in the company. Owens is the best overall performer in the company. Cena's the biggest active legend. Nakamura is the most charasmatic. Orton is 13 time world champion. That

I know you're not a fan of Zayn but almost everyone else thinks he's talented. Corbin has gotten a perfect push the past year. I'm a huge fan of Rusev.
It's a good mix of talent IMO
Cena isn't going to be around very much. I don't count him. Orton, Styles, Owens, Nakamura are great. I've seen no evidence that Corbin is going to be pushed as a main event guy and Zayn doesn't belong there.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cena isn't going to be around very much. I don't count him. Orton, Styles, Owens, Nakamura are great. I've seen no evidence that Corbin is going to be pushed as a main event guy and Zayn doesn't belong there.
I expect Cena to be there for big events more often than not. For the monthly stuff like backlash they don't necessarily need his starpower.

A wrestling roster is like a roster of a sports team. You don't need 5 guys on the basketball court who take 20 shots and score 30 points a game. Ideally you want a point guard who leads the team in assist, a power forward who can rebound, a dominant scorer etc..

The SD roster has Styles who can get a good match out of anyone. He can elevate a guy like Rusev or Corbin. Owens is probably the best overall performer in the WWE since Punk was on fire 5 years ago. Nakamura is great in the ring and has a unique presence and charisma. Orton been a main eventer forever. He's recognizeable and legitimate to the casual fanbase.

You're obviously entitled to dislike Zayn but his matches are undeniably good. They have a chance to be great if he gets good booking with top stars. He needs a more defined character and SDs generally done a good job with that over the past yr. Corbin's a great athlete with size. I can almost guarantee Vince is going to book him as an upper mid carder as he gets more experience.

TLDR.... Smackdown doesn't have a bunch of guys who are going on last at WM but it's a good roster for a 2 hr weekly show.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Cena to be there for big events more often than not. For the monthly stuff like backlash they don't necessarily need his starpower.

A wrestling roster is like a roster of a sports team. You don't need 5 guys on the basketball court who take 20 shots and score 30 points a game. Ideally you want a point guard who leads the team in assist, a power forward who can rebound, a dominant scorer etc..

The SD roster has Styles who can get a good match out of anyone. He can elevate a guy like Rusev or Corbin. Owens is probably the best overall performer in the WWE since Punk was on fire 5 years ago. Nakamura is great in the ring and has a unique presence and charisma. Orton been a main eventer forever. He's recognizeable and legitimate to the casual fanbase.

You're obviously entitled to dislike Zayn but his matches are undeniably good. They have a chance to be great if he gets good booking with top stars. He needs a more defined character and SDs generally done a good job with that over the past yr. Corbin's a great athlete with size. I can almost guarantee Vince is going to book him as an upper mid carder as he gets more experience.

TLDR.... Smackdown doesn't have a bunch of guys who are going on last at WM but it's a good roster for a 2 hr weekly show.
It's a good roster I agree. It's not a great roster tho. My main concern is things getting stale because we will see the same matches for the world title over and over because there aren't a ton of people to fight for it. 6 really at most and realistically only 4 or 5.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a good roster I agree. It's not a great roster tho. My main concern is things getting stale because we will see the same matches for the world title over and over because there aren't a ton of people to fight for it. 6 really at most and realistically only 4 or 5.
I think 5 is a minimum with AJ, Owens, Cena, Nakamura and Orton. And three have potential to get there in Zayn, Corbin and Rusev. I'd put Big E in that group too if they treat New Day more like a faction than a pure tag team
After WM 34 they'll probably switch the rosters up and call up more NXT talent. I think they have plenty of matchups for a year if the key guys stay healthy.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5 is a minimum with AJ, Owens, Cena, Nakamura and Orton. And three have potential to get there in Zayn, Corbin and Rusev. I'd put Big E in that group too if they treat New Day more like a faction than a pure tag team
After WM 34 they'll probably switch the rosters up and call up more NXT talent. I think they have plenty of matchups for a year if the key guys stay healthy.
I'm not counting Cena, a guy who is going to show up for a few shows a year. You can't count Zayn or Corbin or Rusev because WWE hasn't shown a willingness to push those guys yet. In reality at this point, they have 4 full time main eventers. I just don't think that is enough.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not counting Cena, a guy who is going to show up for a few shows a year. You can't count Zayn or Corbin or Rusev because WWE hasn't shown a willingness to push those guys yet. In reality at this point, they have 4 full time main eventers. I just don't think that is enough.
Let's play devil's advocate and say they only have 4 full-time main eventers. When Cena comes back they'll have a new set of matches.
You can't leave him out of the equation.

Corbin and Zayn both got brought up to the main roster in 2016. It's too soon to say the WWE isn't willing to push them. Corbin worked house show matches with Styles and Cena and just got a clean pin over Ambrose. He's being groomed for the top of the card. Zayn's already had moty candidates with Nakamura and Owens. He can obviously have a match with them or with Styles near the top of the card at a monthly PPV. Rusev had a WM feud with Cena. They just need to heat him up again.

Barring injury the roster depth on SD is perfect. Raw is going to have talented people get lost in the shuffle.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play devil's advocate and say they only have 4 full-time main eventers. When Cena comes back they'll have a new set of matches.
You can't leave him out of the equation.

Corbin and Zayn both got brought up to the main roster in 2016. It's too soon to say the WWE isn't willing to push them. Corbin worked house show matches with Styles and Cena and just got a clean pin over Ambrose. He's being groomed for the top of the card. Zayn's already had moty candidates with Nakamura and Owens. He can obviously have a match with them or with Styles near the top of the card at a monthly PPV. Rusev had a WM feud with Cena. They just need to heat him up again.

Barring injury the roster depth on SD is perfect. Raw is going to have talented people get lost in the shuffle.
You can say that all you want, but I don't think they have enough. SD needs at least 1 more, if not 2 more. A lot of that is also because they have no midcard players. They are going to have the same 7 guys battling for the World titile and US title all the time.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler for tonight(granted this seems like a big tease that vince does but they are pushing him)

According to SportsKeeda, sources are reporting that Jinder Mahal, who was only recently drafted to WWE Smackdown Live, is booked to win the Six-Pack Challenge on tonight’s show.

The other contenders for the match which will decide the No. 1 Contender for the WWE World Title held currently by Randy Orton include Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper and Mojo Rawley.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know that site's track record but I really, really hope they're wrong

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jinder Mahal is fucking awesome lmfao

Dude is jacked as fark

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol at that heel promo by Jinder...

That was straight out of Southpaw wrestling.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at that heel promo by Jinder...

I thought it the classic Anti-American Promo. I think they might have something.

BTW. Because of the NHL Playoffs, Sportsnet (Canadian WWE provider other then the network) was forced to stream it on their website.

I don't ever EVER use streaming services online again.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defenitley that and also the rich, arrogant heel. It was straight out of 1986.

Like i said, They might have something. I found myself listening to every word.

With the times that America is in. He might be a good Hassan type charterer

You Know....

hassan.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a short feud (which I assume this is), having Jinder win is a good call. It keeps things fresh and saves a bigger match up for down the road