• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way it's Rusev or Breeze. How about Bryan answers US Title shot, Cena gets hurt during match, Bryan wins clean, Cena comes back in a few months and requests a rematch, which his buddy gives him, Cena turns heel, destroys Bryan with help, puts Bryan on the shelf until WM rematch...
It hasn't happened yet, and it never will happen. I've given up hope of a Cena heel turn.

Too bad he is accounted for actually. The WWE would be much better off if they dumped his lame, egotistical ass.
I've always liked Orton. I've heard bad things about him though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't happened yet, and it never will happen. I've given up hope of a Cena heel turn.

Never happen, but if Cena turned Heel, with 2-3 guys in a faction, ratings would set records for a year... Then spike again when he turned back....

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't had an incident in years, when he was younger he was an a-hole but he seems to have settled down in the last 5+ years.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. He hasn't been as much of an ass in recent years and he is a pretty good worker in the ring but he has the inring presence and mic skills of a kumquat.

Orton is good wwe star but there are many who are better who never have gotten close to the runs he has. Add to it that he was the cause of many backstage issues through the years (many have been fired for much less) the only explanation for his continued support by the WWE is nepotism.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. He hasn't been as much of an ass in recent years and he is a pretty good worker in the ring but he has the inring presence and mic skills of a kumquat.

Orton is good wwe star but there are many who are better who never have gotten close to the runs he has. Add to it that he was the cause of many backstage issues through the years (many have been fired for much less) the only explanation for his continued support by the WWE is nepotism.
Orton can have a very good match with anyone, is a very good wrestler and is immensely popular. WWE is much better off with Orton in it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. He is a pampered ego maniac who throws a fit and tries to have people fired or suspended if they blow a move but it is ignored when he slips up.

He is a good (not great)!in ring performer but he is a boring character who is about as fun as watching paint dry with a mic in his hand. His pounding the mat thing is just plain stupid and has been since he started it.

If Cowboy Bob hadn't blew McMahon (or whatever cards he holds) Randy would never been promoted to the top of the card for as long as he has been. Many guys as good as he is certainly never got the breaks he did and many were fired for lesser transgressions than he has had.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. He is a pampered ego maniac who throws a fit and tries to have people fired or suspended if they blow a move but it is ignored when he slips up.

He is a good (not great)!in ring performer but he is a boring character who is about as fun as watching paint dry with a mic in his hand. His pounding the mat thing is just plain stupid and has been since he started it.

If Cowboy Bob hadn't blew McMahon (or whatever cards he holds) Randy would never been promoted to the top of the card for as long as he has been. Many guys as good as he is certainly never got the breaks he did and many were fired for lesser transgressions than he has had.

The vast majority of fans disagree with you so theres that.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but anyone who knows anything about pro wrestling and isn't a 8 year old fan boy knows Orton is exactly what I said: a good worker, and a boring mic tech with zero personality who only got as far as he did in the biz because of family connections.

Funny how I can admit he is a quite good in-ring guy ýet you people deny the fact that he can't cut a decent promo to save his life. In the "old days" when guys actually had to develop their own characters he would have been completely lost without a manager. In fact a manager is what the WWE should have given him years ago.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but anyone who knows anything about pro wrestling and isn't a 8 year old fan boy knows Orton is exactly what I said: a good worker, and a boring mic tech with zero personality who only got as far as he did in the biz because of family connections.

Funny how I can admit he is a quite good in-ring guy ýet you people deny the fact that he can't cut a decent promo to save his life. In the "old days" when guys actually had to develop their own characters he would have been completely lost without a manager. In fact a manager is what the WWE should have given him years ago.
Heel Orton back in 2007 when he was feuding with Cena was incredible. Now? He's obviously regressed. But he's not that bad. He's pretty damn good in the ring too. Not sure what you've been watching.

Heh, also love how you're saying if we don't agree with you then we don't know anything about pro wrestling. That's a funny one.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, US title up first. Many think Daniel Bryan is the challenger.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Zeb introduces Albertooooo Dellll Riiooo!!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ADR wins. I'd say we won't see Cena back before December.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of a weird choice to beat Cena. This could have been a star making moment for an NXT guy they're high on to make a debut and beat Cena for the title

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heel Orton back in 2007 when he was feuding with Cena was incredible. Now? He's obviously regressed. But he's not that bad. He's pretty damn good in the ring too. Not sure what you've been watching.

Heh, also love how you're saying if we don't agree with you then we don't know anything about pro wrestling. That's a funny one.

That is a fair enough statement and in all truth I am being a bit to harsh regarding the situation. I did state that he is a good ring worker though so I did give him that credit.

When I grew up I watched the Road Warriors start in Georgia and was absolutely blown away. Their ring presence and physical prowess was amazing (much better than the later years in the WWF. If you haven't seen them in the early-mid 80s you should go and check it out). I did find out later through shoot interviews, general knoweldge, and such that they really were not great in-ring workers (it should have been obvious to me but I was a kid) but instead relied upon domination and no-selling but it worked incredibly well at the time. Orton is kind of the reverse case scenerio as far as personality. He is a good in-ring guy but he was in many ways handed his success (as were the LOD after a fashion as they were also fast-tracked to the top) but he is just boring. His character was stale years ago and he shows no progression during his career. You could say the same for Cena but I (again personally) think that Orton's case is even "worse".

I guess that this probably could all be blamed on the WWE. Cena is the character to be the superhero to the kiddies. An article I read some time ago (I think on Grantland) stated that Orton was specfically kept around in his character to appeal to the ladies.

The biggest issue I have with Orton actually has nothing to do with his character but what I have read about him as a person. He is reportably an incredibly arrogant jerkoff who has done some crappy things backstage (using his standing in the company to "punish" other wrestlers for example). This is not new behavior. Shawn Micheals and the Kliq were incredibly gifted both in the ring, on the mic, and personality-wise but were famous for screwing people over just because they could. Hulk Hogan used his pull to keep guys down. Ric Flair has done the same (but I am convinced that he is just plain nuts at this point). One thing that really personally makes me dislike wrestlers is when they are power-mad, arrogant assholes in real life. Orton has shown these tendancies (albeit at a lower level than the other examples I provided) so I will admit that I am more critical of him in general because of this.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fair enough statement and in all truth I am being a bit to harsh regarding the situation. I did state that he is a good ring worker though so I did give him that credit.

When I grew up I watched the Road Warriors start in Georgia and was absolutely blown away. Their ring presence and physical prowess was amazing (much better than the later years in the WWF. If you haven't seen them in the early-mid 80s you should go and check it out). I did find out later through shoot interviews, general knoweldge, and such that they really were not great in-ring workers (it should have been obvious to me but I was a kid) but instead relied upon domination and no-selling but it worked incredibly well at the time. Orton is kind of the reverse case scenerio as far as personality. He is a good in-ring guy but he was in many ways handed his success (as were the LOD after a fashion as they were also fast-tracked to the top) but he is just boring. His character was stale years ago and he shows no progression during his career. You could say the same for Cena but I (again personally) think that Orton's case is even "worse".

I guess that this probably could all be blamed on the WWE. Cena is the character to be the superhero to the kiddies. An article I read some time ago (I think on Grantland) stated that Orton was specfically kept around in his character to appeal to the ladies.

The biggest issue I have with Orton actually has nothing to do with his character but what I have read about him as a person. He is reportably an incredibly arrogant jerkoff who has done some crappy things backstage (using his standing in the company to "punish" other wrestlers for example). This is not new behavior. Shawn Micheals and the Kliq were incredibly gifted both in the ring, on the mic, and personality-wise but were famous for screwing people over just because they could. Hulk Hogan used his pull to keep guys down. Ric Flair has done the same (but I am convinced that he is just plain nuts at this point). One thing that really personally makes me dislike wrestlers is when they are power-mad, arrogant assholes in real life. Orton has shown these tendancies (albeit at a lower level than the other examples I provided) so I will admit that I am more critical of him in general because of this.

That was really why the Road Warriors held off so long with signing with the WWE. They knew that they would have to follow scripts, with those stupid shoulder pads instead of storming the ring and destroying. When Hawk took the fall from the scaffolding on an already injured back it was the last slap in the face to down south wrasslin. Maybe they needed to tone it down some since they were thru so many battles already, but they really lost the real legion of doom.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was really why the Road Warriors held off so long with signing with the WWE. They knew that they would have to follow scripts, with those stupid shoulder pads instead of storming the ring and destroying. When Hawk took the fall from the scaffolding on an already injured back it was the last slap in the face to down south wrasslin. Maybe they needed to tone it down some since they were thru so many battles already, but they really lost the real legion of doom.

So true. Most people are more familar with their WWF personas but the Road Warriors were a different animal in the years before that.

Due to their lack of in-ring capabilities they would work extremely stiff particularly in the early years. Back in the days when squash matches were more standard the jobbers were often really scared to death of the actual beating that they were possibly going to take when they went in the ring against LOD. All of that went away in the WWF where people were more protected.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners from last night facing off in singles matches and winners face off in a Fatal Four Way to determine the new No. 1 Contender. Gonna go ahead and assume Reigns is gonna take it.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners from last night facing off in singles matches and winners face off in a Fatal Four Way to determine the new No. 1 Contender. Gonna go ahead and assume Reigns is gonna take it.

Would be my best guess and honestly he deserves a run as champ. Can't see anyone else that makes sense unless they are going to decide to push Cesaro, Ziggler or Neville.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns is really the only logical choice at this point for a feud with Rollins. There's no one else left on the roster they've built up enough to do it(Ambrose maybe but Rollins beat him this past summer). I'd love to see Cesaro (he just lost to Owens so its not happening) but WWE hasn't done enough with Cesaro to warrant a shot up the card to feud with Rollins. Really, they've done nothing with him at all. Damn shame too because the crowd loves him and he can really go. Not saying I'd make him champ, but he can definitely have a good program with Rollins if given the chance