• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
64324525.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC Seeding
Dallas 1
--
--
Green Bay 4

That's all the trash talk needed.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports I am hearing on the local sports talk shows is that it comes down to Saturday. McCarthy supposedly said Jordy will not practice at all this week and will give practice a try on Saturday and a decision will be made at that time if he can play on Sunday

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports I am hearing on the local sports talk shows is that it comes down to Saturday. McCarthy supposedly said Jordy will not practice at all this week and will give practice a try on Saturday and a decision will be made at that time if he can play on Sunday

Jordy Nelson suffered fractured ribs vs. Giants

After spending Sunday night in the hospital, Nelson will work this week with the team's rehab group, per McCarthy. If the All-Pro pass-catcher can practice successfully on Saturday, the Packers would consider using him against Big D.

In Nelson's absence, fellow wideouts Randall Cobb and Davante Adams combined for a whopping 241 yards and four touchdowns off 13 grabs against New York. Green Bay's pass-catchers picked up the slack, but Nelson's status will be monitored daily: His presence is incredibly important against a loaded Cowboys club.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy Nelson suffered fractured ribs vs. Giants

After spending Sunday night in the hospital, Nelson will work this week with the team's rehab group, per McCarthy. If the All-Pro pass-catcher can practice successfully on Saturday, the Packers would consider using him against Big D.

In Nelson's absence, fellow wideouts Randall Cobb and Davante Adams combined for a whopping 241 yards and four touchdowns off 13 grabs against New York. Green Bay's pass-catchers picked up the slack, but Nelson's status will be monitored daily: His presence is incredibly important against a loaded Cowboys club.
That's why I don't agree with everyone saying Jordy possibly being out is a HUGE loss for us. He has been our best receiver all season, true. but after he went down, Adams and Cobb just destroyed the Giants secondary. Jordy went out and it was a close game, From then on it was a rout.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I don't agree with everyone saying Jordy possibly being out is a HUGE loss for us. He has been our best receiver all season, true. but after he went down, Adams and Cobb just destroyed the Giants secondary. Jordy went out and it was a close game, From then on it was a rout.

does not mean his absence isn't a huge loss

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next man up not a big deal to me. Geronimo has been doing good as well. Play Michael more at running back and have Montgomery be more receiver

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does not mean his absence isn't a huge loss
I understand. But it seems the doubters are acting like the rest of our recieving corps are chopped liver. Our second and third recievers both had over 100 yards on what many people considered the best secondary in the NFL.

I love me some Jordy don't get me wrong.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson hasn't officially been ruled out but that's just to force Dal to game plan for him. There's no way he plays with two broken ribs.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up not a big deal to me. Geronimo has been doing good as well. Play Michael more at running back and have Montgomery be more receiver

Michael has the fresh legs as does Cobb. They looked like they pressed the turbo button when they got the rock.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Plan For Dal:

1.) Keep Rodgers in the pocket. Use occasional disguised blitzes. Sometimes only rush three and keep an athletic LB like Lee to spy on Rodgers if he tries to run. Don't freeze when he starts dancing in the pocket attack him.

2.) They must put their most athletic safety on the Cook aka Optimus Prime. Their strongest CB should cover Adams and quickest corner should go vs Cobb. Geranamoooooooo might be the X factor.

3.) Don't let Montgomery bounce runs to the outside. When Michael runs stay gap disciplined. The entire team must tackle RIP.

4.) Zeke must run off tackle or bounce to the outside instead of running up the gut. Stay away from Nick Perry.
He must be successful on first downs so they can utilize the play action fakes and be more effective on second down.

5.) Dak must get rid of the ball quickly if it's not a play action fake or CMIII, Peppers or Perry be in his grill. If you throw the rock deep throw it to the right side of the field where GB lets QB's average a 122 QB rating. Dak can also utilize the read option which GB has struggled with before in the postseason. Do not overthrow the ball or throw it high. Ha Ha lives for those passes and probably made the all pro team because of it. If Randall is covering the speedy WR I would try a double move pump fake on him. He wants to jump the route and has been caught looking in the backfield before. If Dak catches him that could be easy pitch and catch

6.) Screens, screens and more screens. Packers fall for the screen pass routinely. Both RB's have home run speed so if they can catch the ball and have blockers in front they can do significant damage.

7.) As for SPT's the only home run threat return man for GB is Janis with his speed but he rarely finds open space or makes the first couple guys miss.

8.) WR's must be ready to be physical as GB has started using more bump and run instead of allowing easy 10 yard receptions in soft zone. I would do crossing patterns and picks to free up quick and agile guys like Beasley who will be covered by our slot DB in Hyde who is great in coverage but sometimes slips on bad fields to give up an easy reception.

9.) No turnovers. Dal must not turnover the rock. GB has a + 14 TO ratio over the last 7 games I believe and have done well in scoring points.

10.) Good Luck

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson hasn't officially been ruled out but that's just to force Dal to game plan for him. There's no way he plays with two broken ribs.

It hurts to check the time with broken ribs.