• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate you putting a sticky on this thread @skinsdad62

Felt like the entire Stanley Cup win was drowned out by politics for example... and that our first DC championship in YEARS!!!???

I appreciate that some want an area to discuss current events in politics...just not me...on my football fun board.

:suds: And HTTMFR!!!!

i am involved in the politics but i really didnt like it and the vote went to move it to the off topic lounge . if i had it my way i would tell them to use the SportsHoopla political board

but the majority wanted it so i am glad to sticky this thread so people can talk about other sports and such without politics

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We called those the good old days Cali. hehe, you recognized all the players. The speed and size of the players kept increasing and the game did become more dangerous. There were many years when the goalies didn't wear masks. I think Rod Langway was the last player to not wear a helmet.
I had no idea. Insane to think they wore no protective head gear at all. Wow!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turned out to be what I thought it would be. Have to agree with Cali, a lot of us come here to relax and talk about football. The 6 or 7 that wanted to talk about politics just killed the Off Topic thread.

I agree with this even though im the guilty party lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG Cali, I saw this on TV some years ago. I laughed my ass off!! I have told a bunch of women friends about this and they laugh because when I tell how he goes over to the guy and say nothing they get it. LOL

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am involved in the politics but i really didnt like it and the vote went to move it to the off topic lounge . if i had it my way i would tell them to use the SportsHoopla political board

but the majority wanted it so i am glad to sticky this thread so people can talk about other sports and such without politics

I get why people wouldnt like it but I think its good to have a place where it can be discussed. Might help limit thinly veiled political comments drifting into the football threads.

And that politics forum is a cesspool so there I dont consider it a realistic alternative for me personally.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moderator can and did handle the political comments that leaked into the football forum.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this even though im the guilty party lol
No worries...I totally get that some wanted a place to discuss that. I just didn’t want to lose a place to put other OT posts that required wading thru the politics...to even see them

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for why I like the politics in the off topic lounge, I respect the people on this board. Even if I disagree with some such as Shark, who I have claimed is one of my favorite posters, or Ehb, who has become one of my favorites, they can back up their opinions with intelligent thought...usually...hahaha.

The politics board is full of people with no valid points on why they hold an opinion, and revert to the ever famous bigot lines. While I enjoy pissing them off, I have no respect for them...even the ones who support me.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACL Injuries mounting up...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football starts tonight with the HOF game !!!!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football starts tonight with the HOF game !!!!!

Robert had one good drive but ended with a 60ish QB rating. They were running a bunch of read option stuff and at first he was letting the ball go on time on some short slants or moving outside and dumping in the flat but then he started to hold the ball too long and was not picking up the blitz.

Lamar had a good drive to start but then his accuracy went to hell and he ended with a 40ish QB rating. He too was sacked three times. The word from Harbaugh is he has a chance to be good but his accuracy needs to improve. Some of us noted that in earlier posts. Only one game at the beginning of his career. As was mentioned on the broadcast he is calling plays for the first time in his life and in the NFL you have to have that down pat so you aren't thinking so much. They mentioned Mariota said that was the toughest thing for him to learn when he came to the NFL.

I would say not a bad start for either of them. Not great but way to early to figure how LJ will work out. If the Ravens are smart they give Jackson a year to learn and develop.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert had one good drive but ended with a 60ish QB rating. They were running a bunch of read option stuff and at first he was letting the ball go on time on some short slants or moving outside and dumping in the flat but then he started to hold the ball too long and was not picking up the blitz.

Lamar had a good drive to start but then his accuracy went to hell and he ended with a 40ish QB rating. He too was sacked three times. The word from Harbaugh is he has a chance to be good but his accuracy needs to improve. Some of us noted that in earlier posts. Only one game at the beginning of his career. As was mentioned on the broadcast he is calling plays for the first time in his life and in the NFL you have to have that down pat so you aren't thinking so much. They mentioned Mariota said that was the toughest thing for him to learn when he came to the NFL.

I would say not a bad start for either of them. Not great but way to early to figure how LJ will work out. If the Ravens are smart they give Jackson a year to learn and develop.

i would expect him to get better . but you see some good things but some fundamentals were lacking . RG3 is RG3 he wont be anything until he can play from the pocket and stay healthy

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree or maybe more so I am sad that this has become the NFL. That said if he doesn't duck his head 3 inches right before impact it is a legal hit .... in todays flag NFL

Side note, if you watched the HOF game and saw the inductees walking on the field they were having trouble with their lower body. None of them was talking like a punch drunk fighter.