• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a Libtard?
Everyone supporting Players protesting for the "right" of People To attack or resist police doing their job.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus fucking christ

you would think the President of the United States of America would have more important concerns then arguing with NBA & NFL players on twitters ...

but you would be wrong

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't been tried because there would be a long term but recoverable effect on revenues and it would absolutely piss off the advertisers. Any lock out of past has been independent of the fans. IF the NFL takes a hit from a fan driven protest, they will look to fix the problem.

This is also not the 80s. The popularity of the NFL today can't be compared to the NFL of the past. The NFL knows it has a ratings problem. They tried to blame it on the elections. Now they are trying to blame it on saturation. The truth is the fans are losing interest and realize they do not need football. The NFL needs to give us a reason to keep tuning in.

I know how hard it is for you to make the connection, but the NFL has ONE and ONLY ONE reason for its loyal legions to keep tuning in.......THE PLAYERS......These guys are the very best in the world when doing what they do. The players are the game, NOT the OWNERS, NOT the COACHES, and certainly NOT the SPONSORS. Unless you tune in for the commercials, not one of these block, tackle, throw, catch, or run on the field.

Maybe that's REALLY not the issue that you're having. It is possible that I'm missing your point with respects to a top down NFL. So do me a favor.....put it where the goats can get it from your perspective. I PROMISE to keep an very open mind as I read your response. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the reason I tune in is the game. The players are the best at football. We pay to watch football. We don't pay for their opinions. If I cared about their opinions, I would follow them on Twitter.

The game is the game. College football players are not as good as NFL players but their ratings are good. Part of the greatness of football on TV is the spectacle which has nothing to do with the players. It has been made into this entertainment event.

I think you credit the "humanity" of the players far too much. If you told them to keep their protests for their time away from the team or lose their contracts and they would never be hired again, maybe 1% of the players would choose to walk away...and the only reason they would do that is they already got their money.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a Redskins player kneels and is not punished, it will be the last NFL game I watch this year. I have better things to do than waste my time watching these idiot disrespect my Flag, Veterans and Country. I am a Navy vet and I have a brother-in-law that is a Police officer. The Flag means more to me that some stupid game.

You realize they're doing it because they live this country and want it to be better right?

And that there are plenty of Veterans who support them?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
libtards suck i have a right to say that just like some people say players can kneel no big deal so with that fuck libtards and and all who kneels may karma and all the ghost of are falling heros haunt you dumb fucks this kneel is about going after trump damn dudes

Fuck you :noidea:

And I'm not even a liberal

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should read Trumps treatment ... the NFL has actually handled itself surprisingly well in this situation since Trumps tweets

Watch I Am Not Your ***** (2016) Full Online Free On watchmovie.me

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... Tony Dungy is a Vulcan

the-cable-show-2010s-an-evening-with-nbc-universal.jpg
320x240.jpg

IM just saying

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize they're doing it because they live this country and want it to be better right?

And that there are plenty of Veterans who support them?

Proof positive.....ME

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to be pisised losing to the Bears.
u have to be pissed u paid 8
million for your number one receiver, that you argued non stop would be amazing , has done shit. and yeah not happy about losing to the bears , howard stomped us