• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Oakland A's vs San Francisco Giants

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the A's came to Portland I would live at that park. I would get a 20 or possibly 40 game package.

Probably 40.

I'd probably sell my left nut for season tickets. Hell, I'd probably get 'em and sell the rest on stub hub to cover the cost. Haha... the only thing is they'd have to make a dome style setup like Safeco for sure... which won't be cheap. Either way, I'd bid the fuck out of doing the design on that thing. Definitely wouldn't win it cause I'm way too young and don't have the city officials in my back pocket, but it'd damn near be a dream come true.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend is a huge A's fan flying from Phoenix today to go to this game.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved John Miller on Sunday Night Baseball and never understood those who hate him. I watch a lot of baseball games and have pretty definite opinions on most team's broadcast crew. My favorite (other than Vin in LA) was Len & Bob for the Cubs. And Mark Grace was great too. When Dick Enberg (atrocious) is out for the Padres and Pomeranz is one with Mark "Mudcat" Grant, they're the best in baseball. :2cents:

What, you don't like those doushbags for the WhiteSox on the south side? "He goan":gaah:

Those Mariner broadcasters were a joke also. That overrated old fart sucked ass. They all thought he was awesome.

My all time favorite hands down. Of course homer pick, but is regarded as one of the best ever Bill King... Raiders and A's...

HOLY TOLEDO!
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=23x7LRUQIFw[/ame]

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the A's came to Portland I would live at that park. I would get a 20 or possibly 40 game package.

Probably 40.

I had a guy from the Padres calling me every week for about a year trying to get me to do a package. Me and my buddy came soooo close to halving it but it just never happened. Back then I was going to probably 35 games a season and bought all my tickets for the whole season at the box office at the first game I went to. We basically had season tickets and knew everyone around our seats. If you ever see highlights of HRs to left field at Petco and see the old guy who dresses up as Rollie Fingers, we sat in between him and the Padres bullpen. We were on a first-name basis with Luke Gregerson. :D

Another reason I'm pulling for the A's is all the ex-Pads players that we used to see in Lake Elsinore (Luke, Sogard and Blanks) all the time.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably sell my left nut for season tickets. Hell, I'd probably get 'em and sell the rest on stub hub to cover the cost. Haha... the only thing is they'd have to make a dome style setup like Safeco for sure... which won't be cheap. Either way, I'd bid the fuck out of doing the design on that thing. Definitely wouldn't win it cause I'm way too young and don't have the city officials in my back pocket, but it'd damn near be a dream come true.

Not sure if we would need a roof. April and May.... Maybe a couple cancellations . But mainly just a few showers here and there.

October would be fine here as well.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you don't like those doushbags for the WhiteSox on the south side? "He goan":gaah:

So fucking obnoxious, as are the Red Sox and Yankees announcers. :gaah:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a guy from the Padres calling me every week for about a year trying to get me to do a package. Me and my buddy came soooo close to halving it but it just never happened. Back then I was going to probably 35 games a season and bought all my tickets for the whole season at the box office at the first game I went to. We basically had season tickets and knew everyone around our seats. If you ever see highlights of HRs to left field at Petco and see the old guy who dresses up as Rollie Fingers, we sat in between him and the Padres bullpen. We were on a first-name basis with Luke Gregerson. :D

Another reason I'm pulling for the A's is all the ex-Pads players that we used to see in Lake Elsinore (Luke, Sogard and Blanks) all the time.

Sweet. I used to get a half season for Blazers. Had em for 6 years and in family (Dad) for another 20. We finally dropped em. Got too spendy and The NBA is my 4th sport anyways.

I have had Duck season tix for 20 years this season. They are sweet. Front row on goaline. Which at Autzen lends a better view than you would think of whole field. Same people next to me and behind me. I love it that way. They sneak in flasks also.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards announcers are the worst.

You know what's even worse? Thom Brennaman for the Reds when they're playing the Cards. It's truly beyond belief how he knob-slobs the Cards. It's from the first pitch to the last pitch.

"what we're seeing Molina do has literally never been done by a catcher in the game of baseball"

Listen to him sometimes. when he gets wound up, Cowboy just gets quiet. He's probably barfing in a trashcan or something. Dude is UNREAL.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we would need a roof. April and May.... Maybe a couple cancellations . But mainly just a few showers here and there.

October would be fine here as well.

It'd be retractable for sure. But yeah... we might not need it. I'm just used to trying to play baseball/softball during that time of the year. Fields are disgustingly bad... but they would obviously have a better grounds crew and set it up for drainage. Most of the fields here have clay underneath and that doesn't drain well at all. It's kind of frustrating.

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can putitonthebooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord YESSS!"

Most annoying "catch phrases" ever?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You can putitonthebooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord YESSS!"

Most annoying "catch phrases" ever?

"Touch 'em all!" - Dick Enberg

You fellas ready for this game? :yahoo:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's up 3-0 in the 3rd. :yes:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Luke Gregerson doing his job as setup man in the 8th. :yes:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freiman with the insurance run in the bottom of the frame! Here comes Boch to lift Bumgarner. :yahoo:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game.

I celebrated with a few. Drank fer sure

It's Hammel's debut tomorrow.

Bring it Matt Cain.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those Mariner broadcasters were a joke also. That overrated old fart sucked ass. They all thought he was awesome.

My all time favorite hands down. Of course homer pick, but is regarded as one of the best ever Bill King... Raiders and A's...

HOLY TOLEDO!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=23x7LRUQIFw

:hail:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels in the day game. Let's hope they drop another one before the A's even play.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IndolentHalfFattaileddunnart.gif

Stay classy, goofball!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels in the day game. Let's hope they drop another one before the A's even play.

Toronto is due to get it going soon. Hopefully last night was a precursor of things to come today.