• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Oakland A's vs San Francisco Giants

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome stat of the day: The A's have only given up 4 runs in the last 5 games. That is the best 5 game streak in A's history.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice man. You are lucky

Thinking about making the 2 and a HC hour drive to Seattle for A's game up there. Samardzija pitching

I was debating that too, but just can't swing it right now. Maybe next season... unless they somehow play them in the post-season.

It's supposed to be Hernandez vs Samardzija too

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome stat of the day: The A's have only given up 4 runs in the last 5 games. That is the best 5 game streak in A's history.

the defense has been just as solid as the pitching... this is fun :)

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was debating that too, but just can't swing it right now. Maybe next season... unless they somehow play them in the post-season.

Going to be sweet. Who gets more innings pitched between the 2 is going to go a long ways in the decision. Hopefully the A 's can get his pitch count up.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be sweet. Who gets more innings pitched between the 2 is going to go a long ways in the decision. Hopefully the A 's can get his pitch count up.

Eh, it's hard for them... he's the best pitcher in baseball and always comes up for the A's. I just hope Samardzija is up to the task. I'll be watching from home with a sixer for sure.

I just want 'em to take 3 out of 4 from the Giants and I'll be happy. We need to keep pace because the Angels are scary good right now. I wouldn't mind them playing that 1 game playoff one bit. Trout's new cleats are sick though. Might pick 'em up for next season.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's nothing cheap about attending an MLB game and everything seems to cost more when an ace is on the bump. I used to go to Lakers, Padres, Chargers and Dodgers games all the time. Those days are long gone. :bawling:

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing cheap about attending an MLB game and everything seems to cost more when an ace is on the bump. I used to go to Lakers, Padres, Chargers and Dodgers games all the time. Those days are long gone. :bawling:

It's more the two and half hour drive, cost of tickets, and having to get a hotel room for a night since it's a night game and I'll want to have a beer or two or three. That alone makes it like a 400+ dollar trip. Just not in a state where I can willingly drop that and not sacrifice other things.

If I didn't just spend like three hundred bucks on baseball gear, I could do it. We all make sacrifices. Ha

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, the A's have gotten after Felix before. Hopefully will again Friday.

But tonight's game at hand. A struggling Bumgarner vs recently rejuvenated Gray. That curveball was movin last start vs Jays.

If he is in that form again, and SF hits like SF has been. Oakland Should get this one.

All signs point to the 2 game sweep in the town before going to the city for the other 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more the two and half hour drive, cost of tickets, and having to get a hotel room for a night since it's a night game and I'll want to have a beer or two or three. That alone makes it like a 400+ dollar trip. Just not in a state where I can willingly drop that and not sacrifice other things.

If I didn't just spend like three hundred bucks on baseball gear, I could do it. We all make sacrifices. Ha

Me and my bro used to go to Lakers playoff games and stay downtown for the night. We'd drop $500 each for Lakers games and probably $300 each for Padres games after a room and partying in the Gaslamp afterwards. Our rule is we don't buy $14 beers at games though.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my bro used to go to Lakers playoff games and stay downtown for the night. We'd drop $500 each for Lakers games and probably $300 each for Padres games after a room and partying in the Gaslamp afterwards. Our rule is we don't buy $14 beers at games though.

Playoff games are a completely different monster though... getting to go to the 06 Oakland series for free was a pretty good gig though. Can't do that anymore since I'm all the way up here. It's way better than the Bay though.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, the A's have gotten after Felix before. Hopefully will again Friday.

But tonight's game at hand. A struggling Bumgarner vs recently rejuvenated Gray. That curveball was movin last start vs Jays.

If he is in that form again, and SF hits like SF has been. Oakland Should get this one.

All signs point to the 2 game sweep in the town before going to the city for the other 2.

It's so funny watching the Giants broadcast instead. They constantly bitch about foul territory and Mount Davis. Yet they won't for one second mention their cock block antics of San Jose.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny watching the Giants broadcast instead. They constantly bitch about foul territory and Mount Davis. Yet they won't for one second mention their cock block antics of San Jose.

Ya a lot of teams like to bitch about our park/football field.

Would love to have a new one. But I always have a blast when I go down for a weekend series.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I utterly despise those two pricks.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya a lot of teams like to bitch about our park/football field.

Would love to have a new one. But I always have a blast when I go down for a weekend series.

I'd be OK with Portland too, but I'm obviously biased. Except, the group that is fighting for it has one of the most uninventive architects in the area.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I utterly despise those two pricks.

Kiper wasn't doing the play by play yesterday. It was John Miller so it was definitely tolerable. It's good to get a break from your usual broadcasters sometimes.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper wasn't doing the play by play yesterday. It was John Miller so it was definitely tolerable. It's good to get a break from your usual broadcasters sometimes.

I loved John Miller on Sunday Night Baseball and never understood those who hate him. I watch a lot of baseball games and have pretty definite opinions on most team's broadcast crew. My favorite (other than Vin in LA) was Len & Bob for the Cubs. And Mark Grace was great too. When Dick Enberg (atrocious) is out for the Padres and Pomeranz is one with Mark "Mudcat" Grant, they're the best in baseball. :2cents:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with Portland too, but I'm obviously biased. Except, the group that is fighting for it has one of the most uninventive architects in the area.

If the A's came to Portland I would live at that park. I would get a 20 or possibly 40 game package.

Probably 40.