• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame, why I HATE the Fighting Irish. Snowflakes should avoid this thread.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, they are probably making millions as top doctors. And they played and won national championships. do you think winning hockey equates to top doctors winning national championships. Actuall, you probably do. Must of us rank hockey up there with lacrosse. just curious, how many Minnesota hockey players are making millions per year.
Several. I believe last I heard Phil Kessel was making 8 million a year. 2nd year player Casey Middlestat is making just shy of 1.5 mil a year.

I'd bet at least a dozen are making over a million a year right now, there are close to 2 dozen former Gophers in the NHL right now.

And do you think the U of Mn doesn't produce Doctors? lol

UMn ranks Top 25 in the nation at producing Nobel Prize winners.

Former Gopher Dave Winfield was once considered the highest paid athlete in the world.

Last edited:

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a monopoly on football games being aired on the radio, pre television, and used it to con an entire nation into thinking the galloping ghost was a good running back.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can prove you wrong about that. First there is the obvious, the Bible claims God inspired all the words to be written. Second, internal evidence proves it couldn't have been written by ancient man.

giggle-laughing.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, they are probably making millions as top doctors. And they played and won national championships. do you think winning hockey equates to top doctors winning national championships. Actuall, you probably do. Must of us rank hockey up there with lacrosse. just curious, how many Minnesota hockey players are making millions per year.
A quick search found that the AVERAGE NHL hockey player makes around THREE MILLION bucks a year. With the minimum being 700,000. So even the chumps playing only when regulars get injured who finish the season with 2 or 3 points, could be making close to a million bucks a year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with this. Is Notre Dame the most Catholic University in the country as it claims to be?

I don't think it is.

They accept muslims, atheists, and openly practicing homosexuals, gave Obama an honorary degree and gave Biden it's highest award?

None of that seems very Catholic to me.
I like that acceptance is what makes them not very Catholic.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers had an NCAA record 222nd player drafted in the 2021 NHL draft.

Gophers had an NHL best 123rd player play at hockey's highest level.

Gophers had an NHL best 22 players play in the NHL this year.

Gophers had sent a record 54 players to the US Men's Olympic hockey. 3rd highest was Wisconsin with 27. I think BU was 2nd with like 35-40?

Gophers blow every other school away with the # of Gold Medals won(12), and Silver Medals won with over 20.

They are easily #1 at sending women's hockey players to the Olympics as well, including two who were named Captains, and more than one who led their teams in scoring. There is a Women's Pro hockey league as well, but I haven't kept track of that.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that acceptance is what makes them not very Catholic.
I'm not talking about letting Muslims and gays and atheists take classes at Notre Dame.

I'm talking about Notre Dame TEACHING muslims and gays and atheists that they do not have to change anything in order to be accepted by God.

The whole concept of labeling yourself should mean something.

What would you think of a co-worker who told you everyday that he was a diehard loyal Detroit Lions fan, but everyday he shows up at work wearing Green Bay Packer apparel, and you find out he has season tickets to Packers games? Would you accept that he's a diehard Lions fan? If your wife asked you who his favorite team was, would you tell her his favorite team was the Lions? Or would you tell her you believe he's a Packers fan?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about letting Muslims and gays and atheists take classes at Notre Dame.

I'm talking about Notre Dame TEACHING muslims and gays and atheists that they do not have to change anything in order to be accepted by God.

The whole concept of labeling yourself should mean something.

What would you think of a co-worker who told you everyday that he was a diehard loyal Detroit Lions fan, but everyday he shows up at work wearing Green Bay Packer apparel, and you find out he has season tickets to Packers games? Would you accept that he's a diehard Lions fan? If your wife asked you who his favorite team was, would you tell her his favorite team was the Lions? Or would you tell her you believe he's a Packers fan?
They teach that people can be accepted for being who they are? Has Jesus heard about this, based on his general teachings the very idea would obviously piss him off!

As for your example of the fan, the most unrealistic part of it is I would talk to co-workers, however, for the sake of argument I will allow it.

In this scenario do the Lions have an iconic figure that has always taught that all football should be loved, if so based on that I would not care who he claimed to follow, I would just enjoy football with him and realize that his eternal soul is not my concern.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, enough about the University of Minnesota and how great it is. back to Notre Dame deserving hate.

I thought ND was supposed to be a Catholic University? Are they a Catholic University?

yes, they are a catholic university

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several. I believe last I heard Phil Kessel was making 8 million a year. 2nd year player Casey Middlestat is making just shy of 1.5 mil a year.

I'd bet at least a dozen are making over a million a year right now, there are close to 2 dozen former Gophers in the NHL right now.

And do you think the U of Mn doesn't produce Doctors? lol

UMn ranks Top 25 in the nation at producing Nobel Prize winners.

Former Gopher Dave Winfield was once considered the highest paid athlete in the world.

so, you know of 2.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you know of 2.
No, I know of several. I looked it up about 2 years ago and close to a dozen were making over a million at that time. Salaries have risen steadily lately.

Blake Wheeler is obviously making more than the 3 million dollar average.

If you are actually trying to claim that you are SO stupid as to believe the average is 3 mil, the minimum is 700,000 and the Gophers had 22 play in the NHL this year, if you honestly believe only 2 of them were making at least a million a year, you are not very bright.

I'll ask you this, how many would need to be making a mil a year for you to be impressed?

5? 10? 15? 20?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They teach that people can be accepted for being who they are? Has Jesus heard about this, based on his general teachings the very idea would obviously piss him off!

Yes, they do. There is an LGBTQ group on campus, and many professors there are practicing homosexuals. Notre Dame celebrated Natl Coming Out Day. There is also an endorsed Atheist Group on campus and a Muslim group as well.

They gave Pro-Choice Obama an honorary Degree and pro-choice Biden the school's highest honor.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they do. There is an LGBTQ group on campus, and many professors there are practicing homosexuals. Notre Dame celebrated Natl Coming Out Day. There is also an endorsed Atheist Group on campus and a Muslim group as well.

They gave Pro-Choice Obama an honorary Degree and pro-choice Biden the school's highest honor.

Biden does not believe in abortion.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm serious dude. What about Notre Dame makes them Catholic? Do you even know? I don't think you do. I think you just are making an ignorant assumption.

What makes you the authority on how Catholic an institution is? You've already expressed your disdain for Catholicism, so you obviously have no clue.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a rats ass about a college football program on the Politics Board? And why you hate them?
This thread should be moved to the college football board.
JMHO

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a rats ass about a college football program on the Politics Board? And why you hate them?
This thread should be moved to the college football board.
JMHO

Or deleted. It was another troll job from fredsbraindead.