• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Note to USC. you dumb fucks schedule ND when you should have played Mercer

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be tough for the other team. I realize being a Bama fan you don't know about these things called home and home. And just so you know there have been seasons USC travels twice for OCC games (get this) in the same season. I know , mind blowing huh. LOL

Neutral sites = even for both teams, and that's why championship games are usually played on them. Alabama gets an even field with it's opponent every year and that's somehow bad.

Home and Home = you get an advantage 1 year and a disadvantage the next year. Never do you get to see the teams straight up.

So you know, I can totally buy into people who say they want to see home and homes because they want to travel, go to the games, and all that stuff. But when people like you try to come around and act like the games are somehow not as tough or whatever, then you're just a dumbass.

PS: I have always found it funny how USC fans cry about the neutral site game as if it was an advantage for Alabama. Are you really saying "We want you to play in USC because we need an advantage"?

Even though the only times we've ever lost to USC was in Alabama and USC has never beat us on the west coast. 5 wins on the west coast vs 2 losses on the east coast and 1 at Jerryworld.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oklahoma hadn't played OSU there is a good chance OSU would be in today, and Oklahoma would be watching. It was a great move to schedule a high profile game.
It's "always" a great move to schedule a high profile game. Now if we can just convince the playoff committee of that, then maybe, just maybe we would have a better playoff system.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS: I'd rather travel all the way to California to your calm stadiums rather than not leave the state and play @ Auburn. Your stadiums/homefield advantage seem weak if we are being honest.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right and that game cost USC a chance to be in the 4 team playoffs.

Maybe. Maybe not. They also lost to Washington State, so it wasn't a slam dunk.

I will say what it did do is indicate that USC doesn't deserve to be in the 4 team playoff.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play the Citadel next year during the tSEC Nov bye week. Saban will claim this game was Bama's "salute to service" as the final score is 63-0.
I didn't even know that Citadel has a football team. You're kidding aren't you?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral sites = even for both teams, and that's why championship games are usually played on them. Alabama gets an even field with it's opponent every year and that's somehow bad.

Home and Home = you get an advantage 1 year and a disadvantage the next year. Never do you get to see the teams straight up.

So you know, I can totally buy into people who say they want to see home and homes because they want to travel, go to the games, and all that stuff. But when people like you try to come around and act like the games are somehow not as tough or whatever, then you're just a dumbass.

PS: I have always found it funny how USC fans cry about the neutral site game as if it was an advantage for Alabama. Are you really saying "We want you to play in USC because we need an advantage"?

Even though the only times we've ever lost to USC was in Alabama and USC has never beat us on the west coast. 5 wins on the west coast vs 2 losses on the east coast and 1 at Jerryworld.

I'm not getting involved in this whole debate other than to say that sometimes "neutral" sites aren't exactly neutral.

Rose Bowl last year, for example. USC vs PSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You missed them beating South Carolina a few years ago?

How? That was some funny shit.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not. They also lost to Washington State, so it wasn't a slam dunk.

I will say what it did do is indicate that USC doesn't deserve to be in the 4 team playoff.
Yeah IMO, USC got their asses handed to them in South Bend and didn't even deserve to be considered for the playoffs. Now the game in Pullman was a different story, that game was a close game on the road.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't care about a game "a few years ago". What does that have to do with next season?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Citadel is one of those programs that remind me just how incredible P5 athletes are. When you look at their players they have a bunch of guys that were all-county starters for big time High School programs. But their athletes can't compete with a P5 program not even close. And of course Bama is a whole different level of athlete over most P5 programs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting involved in this whole debate other than to say that sometimes "neutral" sites aren't exactly neutral.

Rose Bowl last year, for example. USC vs PSU.

If a team doesn't travel well, that's on them. Tickets are sold evenly etc. Kind of like when Clemson and Alabama played in Phoenix and Clemson had the crowd advantage of about 60% vs 40%. That's on Alabama and it's fans(Blame me, I stayed at home).

And even with Home and Homes we seen it. Ohio St @ Cal = Ohio St crowd. Alabama vs Duke = Alabama crowd. etc. It's their fans fault. Equal opportunity.

Now, there is a case where it does matter and that's with being familiar. I read a study on home field advantage and it's conclusion was that the crowd size didn't actually matter as much as expected. What matters is that the other team isn't familiar with it's surroundings and it makes them less comfortable.

So if a team plays in the same neutral site over and over, the way Alabama has some then everyone becomes more familiar with the place. The first year of Jerryworld, Alabama had more wins in that stadium than the Dallas Cowboys did. And we regularly went to Atlanta. So I do consider us as having an advantage over most teams in those stadiums. But that's just due to success, so I'm sure as hell not going to apologize for it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Citadel is one of those programs that remind me just how incredible P5 athletes are. When you look at their players they have a bunch of guys that were all-county starters for big time High School programs. But their athletes can't compete with a P5 program not even close. And of course Bama is a whole different level of athlete over most P5 programs.
:L And yet Bama schedules "The Citadel", as their next to last game of the season?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because no one cares when absolutely shitty teams lose to FCS schools.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he doesn't watch as much college football as he claims

:fify:

Sorry, a P5 school losing to FCS is funny and news no matter what anyone wants to say.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part about this thread is that @socaljim242 keeps referring to OOC schedules as "OCC".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team doesn't travel well, that's on them. Tickets are sold evenly etc. Kind of like when Clemson and Alabama played in Phoenix and Clemson had the crowd advantage of about 60% vs 40%. That's on Alabama and it's fans(Blame me, I stayed at home).

Not quite what I was talking about. Relatively speaking, that's a long trip for either fan base, so it's kind of equal. Clemson had the advantage there because their fans aren't all toothless, backwoods cretins who can hardly get their rusted out '87 pickups around the block, much less across the country.

And even with Home and Homes we seen it. Ohio St @ Cal = Ohio St crowd.

That's exactly what I was talking about and a solid counterpoint. However, it can also be explained away in that Buckeyes fans are fucking awesome and rich, and Berkley is full of queens.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite what I was talking about. Relatively speaking, that's a long trip for either fan base, so it's kind of equal. Clemson had the advantage there because their fans aren't all toothless, backwoods cretins who can hardly get their rusted out '87 pickups around the block, much less across the country.

That's exactly what I was talking about and a solid counterpoint. However, it can also be explained away in that Buckeyes fans are fucking awesome and rich, and Berkley is full of queens.

Alabama fans are spoiled. In both games so far Clemson has had a slight crowd advantage. We'll see if it holds true again this year.

As for Cal, they have shitty fans and most of the people from the bay area are people who moved there. You'll find 30 fans of other college teams for every 1 local fan(Stanford/Cal). Probably more Ohio St fans in the bay area than Cal fans.

Also, Fuck Cal.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do. Nebraska will return to dominance very very soon. There is no doubt
Maybe should to wait until that happens before you talk shit though...just saying.