• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more road trips to the state of Mississippi?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of people getting CCW permits aren't the type who get into fist fights, and the overwhelming majority aren't the kind of people who would pull out a gun unless it was absolutely necessary. If they were the type of people you seem to think they are then there would be news reports almost nightly of someone with a CCW shooting up something.

And you contradict yourself when you readily admit there are assaults that happen in stadiums then say there's no need for licensed CCW holders to carry. The whole purpose behind CCW is personal protection.
And you contradict yourself if the type of people who would get a CCW aren’t the type of people to get into a fist fight then why do they need a gun?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcohol disagrees with you. Also only complete imbeciles too. But hey, Chuck Heston approves the message your spouting?

CCW holders are overwhelmingly law abiding citizens and since it is against the law in SC to use a firearm while intoxicated this wouldn't be a problem.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you contradict yourself if the type of people who would get a CCW aren’t the type of people to get into a fist fight then why do they need a gun?

A fist fight =/= assault. My next door neighbor was assaulted at a concert for simply asking someone to step out of the aisle. No physical provocation whatsoever, just asked the dude to move so he could pass.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCW's are for gun hating pvssy states. No CCW required in Alaska if you want to carry a concealed weapon.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think I should be able to carry around my 10 gauge every where I go. I've gotten more enjoyment out of that gun than anything else I have ever bought, and I have 3 boats.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCW holders are overwhelmingly law abiding citizens and since it is against the law in SC to use a firearm while intoxicated this wouldn't be a problem.

Are you joking? Like seriously, you can’t be this stupid can you?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you joking? Like seriously, you can’t be this stupid can you?

You have something to prove me wrong? I mean there's an estimated 14.5 million people with concealed weapons permits in the US, surely you have something to back up your theoretical scenario of a drunken CCW holder shooting things up.

Facts are CCW holders are among the most law abiding citizens in the country.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have something to prove me wrong? I mean there's an estimated 14.5 million people with concealed weapons permits in the US, surely you have something to back up your theoretical scenario of a drunken CCW holder shooting things up.

People who have never committed a crime are 100% law biding citizens before they commit one. What you are arguing for is for the better part of 40,000 people (that’s over 60% of the capacity at both Miss State and Ole Miss) to be able to carry a loaded gun to a sporting event. Is this really a good idea when no doubt most of these people have been drinking?

Surely common sense has to kick in here right?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want large groups of drunk, riled up, pissed off rednecks to have loaded weapons?
giphy.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought the lines were long to get into games now, let’s see how much quicker it will be with checking CCWs as people are trying to get into games.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who have never committed a crime are 100% law biding citizens before they commit one. What you are arguing for is for the better part of 40,000 people (that’s over 60% of the capacity at both Miss State and Ole Miss) to be able to carry a loaded gun to a sporting event. Is this really a good idea when no doubt most of these people have been drinking?

Surely common sense has to kick in here right?

If they are certified CCW holders as permitted by the state of Mississippi sure. Responsible and ethical gun owners would not carry while drinking.

Again, if a CCW getting drunk and shooting things up then with 14.5 million CCW holders in the country already we would know about it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of 'em. However, as a CCW and owner of several guns as well as a citizen of the state with probably the most guns/ammo in the nation, I can name several of my fellow CCW members here that have absolutely no busines being allowed to carry any kid of gun with or without a license. Hell, truth be told, they probably shouldn't even be allowed out of the nut house period...but they are.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are certified CCW holders as permitted by the state of Mississippi sure. Responsible and ethical gun owners would not carry while drinking.

Again, if a CCW getting drunk and shooting things up then with 14.5 million CCW holders in the country already we would know about it.
Problem is they ain't all "responsible and ethical". I know some personally that aren't. Not many, but a few.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no clue who will carry. That is a ton of people that will have the ability to carry a loaded weapon into a public venue with others. Most of which who will be drinking or beyond that. Again is this really a good idea?

A CCW member has never had the ability to shoot up a college stadium unless this bill passes. So no, you don’t know about it.

It’s really all moot anyway. This shit will be like Arkansas. Collegiate stadiums are exempt.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the SEC guy is trying to do, but I have a feeling
he's going about it the wrong way.

He could keep weapons out of sports venues, if he approached it the correct way...in
private.

You don't open your fucking mouth in public about this kinda stuff. His public stance
could really backfire on him. He could wake up a year from now and find half the
league allowing it, just for spite.

This ain't the fucking West Coast. The SEC is in the deep south. You don't publically
challenge and threaten people. They tend to take you up on the challenge when you do that.

There's not a state in the South where you can't carry. But they have precautions in place.
I personally don't believe weapons need to be in a sports venue. Especially in the South
where folks tend to get a bit more riled up in athletic contests.

But making a public threat to a State Government is asking for trouble, and is not going to
solve anything. Plus Mississippi would become a reciprocal state...meaning they'll honor
out-of-state permits. Thus if Miss St is armed...the Gators can also be armed.

This Stankey is biting off more than he can handle. He's inviting lawsuits.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no clue who will carry. That is a ton of people that will have the ability to carry a loaded weapon into a public venue with others. Most of which who will be drinking or beyond that. Again is this really a good idea?

A CCW member has never had the ability to shoot up a college stadium unless this bill passes. So no, you don’t know about it.

It’s really all moot anyway. This shit will be like Arkansas. Collegiate stadiums are exempt.

There's a ton of people who carry around venues with others now and yet you still have yet to produce a single instance where a drunken CCW holder shot up the crowd.

It's OK for you to be scared of guns, but just because you are scared doesn't mean others have to give up their right to self defense.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a ton of people who carry around venues with others now and yet you still have yet to produce a single instance where a drunken CCW holder shot up the crowd.

It's OK for you to be scared of guns, but just because you are scared doesn't mean others have to give up their right to self defense.

None of said people actually carry those guns you mentioned inside the stadium where action is happening. It’s a huge difference between drinking while tailgating and one where you’re already drunk inside an a egregious call goes against your team and you want to teach the ref or the other team a lesson because your are too drunk to care.

Why would anyone need a means of a gun for self defense in a sports stadium? Ohh right because others have guns. It’s ok for you to like guns anywhere. It doesn’t mean everyone else should go full retard like you apparently have and think loaded guns should be allowed every single place on earth. But then again it’s people like you that have no common sense, so if a bullet flys your way ohhwell. Remember, you have a gun for self defense. LOL

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCW's are for gun hating pvssy states. No CCW required in Alaska if you want to carry a concealed weapon.
Definitely a great idea to not have any protection laws in one of the most violent states in the country per capita.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guns have no business being at sporting events or bars and it making legal for anyone to do so is stupid. It's not that hard to get a CCW permit and plenty of dumbasses have them.

The bigger issue is that open carry is legal without a permit in Mississippi and there will be dumbasses strapping if it's legal in the stadiums. It's just plain stupid.