• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more road trips to the state of Mississippi?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think the SEC would be ok with less gun control.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS.

We'll see, he's basically saying if a school decides they don't want to go to Mississippi because of it, the conference will not prevent it or do anything.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me the SEC is run by 2nd Amendment hating emasculated fairies.

American-Flag-with-Gun.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want large groups of drunk, riled up, pissed off rednecks to have loaded weapons?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a licensed and respinsible gun owner, the last thing I want to do is travel to Mississippi to be shot and killed. Who the fuck wants to die in Mississippi, its bad enough we have to go there to see our teams play every other year.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some forfeited games and free wins for Mississippi St and Ole Miss if you ask me

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of drunks in an emotionally super-heated context, many of them young and immature - armed. What could possibly go wrong?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

American-Flag-with-Gun.jpg

Bullshit, this is not against the 2nd amendment at all. This law isn't about allowing gun ownership or anything like that, it's to allow people to sue public places if they don't allow the guns.

So people can take guns into courthouses and shit. It's pretty fucked up.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of people who would get drunk and pull a gun in a stadium argument aren't the ones who would be getting CCW permits in the first place.

These shootout fantasies y'all are having are similar to the ones other hoplophobes used when South Carolina was in the process of passing the CCW permit law. "It'll be like the Old West with shootouts everywhere!' They didn't come to pass either.

Athletic conferences have zero business getting involved in the internal politics of states where they have members.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bad law. People get drunk and worked up at games. Violence will inevitably occur and someone in the stands or on the field will get shot.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of people who would get drunk and pull a gun in a stadium argument aren't the ones who would be getting CCW permits in the first place.

These shootout fantasies y'all are having are similar to the ones other hoplophobes used when South Carolina was in the process of passing the CCW permit law. "It'll be like the Old West with shootouts everywhere!' They didn't come to pass either.

Athletic conferences have zero business getting involved in the internal politics of states where they have members.
Yes because there has never been a fist fight at a stadium. Definitely not any assaults of any kind, right? You think of those dumbasses had a gun, they wouldn’t use it? I’m all for people having guns, but there isn’t a need to have one in a football stadium.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the 2nd Amendment and the right to carry, but allowing guns into the stadium is a bad idea.

These conferences and their mouth pieces/spokespersons need to stay out of the political arena. You exist to manage athletics, not weigh in on politics.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because there has never been a fist fight at a stadium. Definitely not any assaults of any kind, right? You think of those dumbasses had a gun, they wouldn’t use it? I’m all for people having guns, but there isn’t a need to have one in a football stadium.

The kind of people getting CCW permits aren't the type who get into fist fights, and the overwhelming majority aren't the kind of people who would pull out a gun unless it was absolutely necessary. If they were the type of people you seem to think they are then there would be news reports almost nightly of someone with a CCW shooting up something.

And you contradict yourself when you readily admit there are assaults that happen in stadiums then say there's no need for licensed CCW holders to carry. The whole purpose behind CCW is personal protection.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of people getting CCW permits aren't the type who get into fist fights, and the overwhelming majority aren't the kind of people who would pull out a gun unless it was absolutely necessary. If they were the type of people you seem to think they are then there would be news reports almost nightly of someone with a CCW shooting up something.

And you contradict yourself when you readily admit there are assaults that happen in stadiums then say there's no need for licensed CCW holders to carry. The whole purpose behind CCW is personal protection.

Alcohol disagrees with you. Also only complete imbeciles too. But hey, Chuck Heston approves the message your spouting?