• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more road trips to the state of Mississippi?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a great idea to not have any protection laws in one of the most violent states in the country per capita.
I have three felonies, a bunch of other shit, did time in the joint and I'm legally armed to the teeth not to mention there's a few Alaska State Troopers who are members of our local freedom militia. :cool:

c5626066bee5c4a0f89aa590948d1db1.png

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of said people actually carry those guns you mentioned inside the stadium where action is happening. It’s a huge difference between drinking while tailgating and one where you’re already drunk inside an a egregious call goes against your team and you want to teach the ref or the other team a lesson because your are too drunk to care.

Why would anyone need a means of a gun for self defense in a sports stadium? Ohh right because others have guns. It’s ok for you to like guns anywhere. It doesn’t mean everyone else should go full retard like you apparently have and think loaded guns should be allowed every single place on earth. But then again it’s people like you that have no common sense, so if a bullet flys your way ohhwell. Remember, you have a gun for self defense. LOL

Inside the stadium? No. But there's plenty of places where there's drinking and large crowds where people are carrying and it hasn't happened.

As for why anyone would need a gun in a stadium.....why would anybody need a gun in a movie theater? Oh yeah, because somebody who wanted to kill a bunch of people ignored the "No guns allowed sign". Why would anybody need a gun at a school? Oh yeah, because someone who wanted to kill a bunch of people ignored the fact that there are laws than banned guns on school properties.

A few years back there were a couple home invasions in our area and some folks in our neighborhood called together a meeting about a possible crime watch. Since w don't have a formal neighborhood association everybody introduced themselves and when it got to me and my neighbors people were astounded to learn that there was a US Marshall, a State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) agent, a state ABC Commission enforcement agent, a Sheriff's Dept detective, a retired Police Sgt and me, a reserve officer with one of the small towns in the county. When it got down to the discussion about what measures to take to protect against a home invasion one lady said "I don't think we have to do anything because we have so many cops in our neighborhood." My SLED Agent friend replied "My suggestion is to get a gun because chances are me nor nobody else is going to be able to get to you in time to save you."

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside the stadium? No. But there's plenty of places where there's drinking and large crowds where people are carrying and it hasn't happened.

As for why anyone would need a gun in a stadium.....why would anybody need a gun in a movie theater? Oh yeah, because somebody who wanted to kill a bunch of people ignored the "No guns allowed sign". Why would anybody need a gun at a school? Oh yeah, because someone who wanted to kill a bunch of people ignored the fact that there are laws than banned guns on school properties.

A few years back there were a couple home invasions in our area and some folks in our neighborhood called together a meeting about a possible crime watch. Since w don't have a formal neighborhood association everybody introduced themselves and when it got to me and my neighbors people were astounded to learn that there was a US Marshall, a State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) agent, a state ABC Commission enforcement agent, a Sheriff's Dept detective, a retired Police Sgt and me, a reserve officer with one of the small towns in the county. When it got down to the discussion about what measures to take to protect against a home invasion one lady said "I don't think we have to do anything because we have so many cops in our neighborhood." My SLED Agent friend replied "My suggestion is to get a gun because chances are me nor nobody else is going to be able to get to you in time to save you."

Are you really comparing a movie theatre or a high school to a 60,000 seat venue? You really are comparing this? They are worlds different. For one and mostly the big thing, SECURITY. These 60,000 seat venues ban guns and have the security to make sure they aren’t entered. This really isn’t that hard to figure out.

That last paragraph is beyond hilarious. You are comparing a home invasion to a 60,000 seat venue where 40,000 people have loaded guns at the ready. Here’s a hint Sherlock, if no one has a gun inside that stadium then there will be no need for self defense with a gun.

We’ll jus agree to disagree. You think anyone having a gun in the stadium will just use it in self defense. I think there will be more than a few alcohol related gun problems should these idiots in Mississippi allow this to become legal.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for a gun inside the stadium provided there are enough troopers, police, undercovers, etc to provide protection.

Good thing is... Bama, Auburn and LSU fans will keep shooting each other outside of the stadiums.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were a few murders in the stands at least it'd be more entertaining than 90% of SEC games.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really comparing a movie theatre or a high school to a 60,000 seat venue? You really are comparing this? They are worlds different. For one and mostly the big thing, SECURITY. These 60,000 seat venues ban guns and have the security to make sure they aren’t entered. This really isn’t that hard to figure out.

Bless your heart if you think there is adequate security at any stadium save maybe the Super Bowl. That unarmed minimum wage schlub in the yellow EVENT STAFF jacket is usually lucky if he can spell his own name and is going to be at the front of the stampede of people running and hiding. I've worked games before in my full time public safety field so I know exactly what kind of security is involved in a major college football stadium. It's pretty much like anywhere else....you are on your own unless you are on the field just like in public settings you are on your own unless you get lucky enough to be near a cop.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want large groups of drunk, riled up, pissed off rednecks to have loaded weapons?

It would help clean up the gene pool

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun Control...

“SEC Country” could use more birth control. :thumb:

Especially Mississippi

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bless your heart if you think there is adequate security at any stadium save maybe the Super Bowl. That unarmed minimum wage schlub in the yellow EVENT STAFF jacket is usually lucky if he can spell his own name and is going to be at the front of the stampede of people running and hiding. I've worked games before in my full time public safety field so I know exactly what kind of security is involved in a major college football stadium. It's pretty much like anywhere else....you are on your own unless you are on the field just like in public settings you are on your own unless you get lucky enough to be near a cop.

Are you under the impression that the security in said 60,000 seat stadium is the same as the security to get into a movie theatre or school? Only a complete jackass would believe that.

Now not only is that unarmed schlub backed by actual police but most colleges now have metal dectectors that can actually alert security if anyone tries to bring in a gun. It’s not even close to being on your own. Police constantly walk around.

Again why would anyone need a gun for self defense inside a stadium? Ohh right, unless others have guns. Bless your heart for you thinking people are trying to take away your guns. LOL

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you under the impression that the security in said 60,000 seat stadium is the same as the security to get into a movie theatre or school? Only a complete jackass would believe that.

Now not only is that unarmed schlub backed by actual police but most colleges now have metal dectectors that can actually alert security if anyone tries to bring in a gun. It’s not even close to being on your own. Police constantly walk around.

Again why would anyone need a gun for self defense inside a stadium? Ohh right, unless others have guns. Bless your heart for you thinking people are trying to take away your guns. LOL

Nah, unlike you I have actual experience in the public safety field and have actually worked at major college football games behind the scenes so I'm under no impression at all because I know exactly what kind of measures are in place. The yellow jacket isn't going to be backed by anybody because like I said his minimum wage ass is going to be at the head of the stampede of people running away.

Unless you are at field level the chances of law enforcement successfully intervening in an assault are minimal because there's only so many of them to go around.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guns in a stadium is a domestic terrorists dream.

Yes because we have a long history of domestic terrorist actions in areas where concealed carry is allowed.

Oh wait.....they typically strike gun free zones!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see, he's basically saying if a school decides they don't want to go to Mississippi because of it, the conference will not prevent it or do anything.

which is a lot like what the bill does. Both "allow" the option but doesn't mean the option "will" happen. The bill would allow the schools to decide to allow it but doesn't force them to allow concealed carry.

just like in Texas, places can allow concealed carry but leave it to the venue if they want to or not.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gators itinerary just got even shorter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because we have a long history of domestic terrorist actions in areas where concealed carry is allowed.

Oh wait.....they typically strike gun free zones!
You will when there are areas with tens of thousands of targets.

Mississippi can do what it wants, our tax burden dips if that state cuts weight.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will when there are areas with tens of thousands of targets.

Mississippi can do what it wants, our tax burden dips if that state cuts weight.

I've already said I don't think weapons should be allowed in stadiums...BUT, Terrorists
aren't going to go where 10K other people are armed. That ain't their styie.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sec could kick the Mississippi schools in a heartbeat and be better off for it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sec could kick the Mississippi schools in a heartbeat and be better off for it.
Bububububutttt....aren't they charter members? That's what you always hear when talks comes about paring down some of the deadwood.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bububububutttt....aren't they charter members? That's what you always hear when talks comes about paring down some of the deadwood.
The Misssissippis provide more for the conference than Vandy and Missouri.