• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more road trips to the state of Mississippi?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sec could kick the Mississippi schools in a heartbeat and be better off for it.

In a lot of ways yes, but in some ways no.

The bulk of the Two divisions in the SEC are pretty short driving distances for
fans. That helps keep everybody's stadiums filled. Bama, Auburn, both Miss
schools and LSU are probably all 6 or 7 hours or less by car, from each other.
Arky and AM are a hike, but the rest are pretty close. Not everybody's fans can
afford to fly to every away game. They are all rivals with each other.

Mississippi is talent rich. They don't have a great abundance of high schools, but
the one's that have are loaded with talent. They've got kids that can play big-time
football.

Competitive balance. The Miss schools can be competitive, but they are also content
with 7-5 and a bowl game. You need teams like that. Yes, you can't take them lightly,
but if you just prepare you can handle them more than they can handle you.

I don't think the SEC West would want to swap the Miss schools out for Oklahoma and Texas.
The odds become greater for the division to destroy each other's chances for national success.

You need to have teams that are content on just winning 7 a year.

There would be no addition of a time zone so you can't really add another TV game
on any given day. So increasing the competition isn't going to get you that added TV time slot.

I know all the reasons to dump them, but I think they have enough positives to keep them
in the League.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will when there are areas with tens of thousands of targets.

Mississippi can do what it wants, our tax burden dips if that state cuts weight.

There's tens of thousands of targets at SHOT show, the gun industry yearly trade show. Why haven't the domestic terrorists attacked there?

Why haven't domestic terrorists attacked the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisonburg, PA? Well over a hundred thousand attendees each year and concealed carry is allowed.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's tens of thousands of targets at SHOT show, the gun industry yearly trade show. Why haven't the domestic terrorists attacked there?

Why haven't domestic terrorists attacked the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisonburg, PA? Well over a hundred thousand attendees each year and concealed carry is allowed.
Why haven’t terrorists attacked the super bowl since they are all unarmed? They don’t attack groups of tens of thousands because it takes too many terrorists to control that many people. The Dark Knight Rises isn’t realistically possible.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, unlike you I have actual experience in the public safety field and have actually worked at major college football games behind the scenes so I'm under no impression at all because I know exactly what kind of measures are in place. The yellow jacket isn't going to be backed by anybody because like I said his minimum wage ass is going to be at the head of the stampede of people running away.

Unless you are at field level the chances of law enforcement successfully intervening in an assault are minimal because there's only so many of them to go around.

You have no clue what experience I have. An I can see your level of ignorance on this is high and your only worried about people taking your guns. No one is trying to do that. It’s ok for you to be scared but no one is trying to do take your guns away poor guy.

An Are you really trying to argue the police presence in stadiums is only on the field level? Any complete moron that has common sense will tell you that you are wrong. Like others I’m sure, I have no belief you have worked in any major college stadium behind the scenes. If that were true you wouldn’t be comparing security at a 60,000 seat stadium to one at a movie theatre or a school.

Letting 40,000 plus bring loaded guns into a 60,000 seat stadium is not a good idea. There’s no need for it. No matter how delusional you want to be about it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s harrisburg you fucking idiot. An those tens of thousands aren’t all there at once. I know, I went to the farm show last week.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why haven’t terrorists attacked the super bowl since they are all unarmed? They don’t attack groups of tens of thousands because it takes too many terrorists to control that many people. The Dark Knight Rises isn’t realistically possible.

They don't attack the Super Bowl because outside of the Presidential protection detail it's one of the most security heavy events in this country. In fact it's so security heavy that it's better compared to a Presidential appearance than a college football game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking politics thread on the college football forum basically.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You comparing 60,000 seat stadium security to movie theatre and school security proves you have no experience. Along with common sense.

But hey, Chuck Heston approves your cavalier crusade to make sure a loaded gun is in every persons possession everywhere.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't attack the Super Bowl because outside of the Presidential protection detail it's one of the most security heavy events in this country. In fact it's so security heavy that it's better compared to a Presidential appearance than a college football game.
When is the last time terrorists took over any collegiate or professional Sporting event in the United States?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCW's are for gun hating pvssy states. No CCW required in Alaska if you want to carry a concealed weapon.

There's probably less than one person per square mile in Alaska, so that shouldn't be a problem, anyway.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time terrorists took over any collegiate or professional Sporting event in the United States?

When was the last time they shot up a Christmas party before San Bernardino?

When was the last time they shot up a recruiting depot before Chattanooga?

When was the last time they shot up a night club before Orlando?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You comparing 60,000 seat stadium security to movie theatre and school security proves you have no experience. Along with common sense.

But hey, Chuck Heston approves your cavalier crusade to make sure a loaded gun is in every persons possession everywhere.

Like I thought. You have zero experience and are just relying on attacking the person who exposes your ignorance.

But since you want to make it personal....BOO

tYWvL3x.jpg

No go wipe up that trickle of urine running down your leg.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I thought. You have zero experience and are just relying on attacking the person who exposes your ignorance.

But since you want to make it personal....BOO

tYWvL3x.jpg

No go wipe up that trickle of urine running down your leg.

The truth hurts Ted Nugent. Don’t act like you have any experience when your ignorance shines through comparing security to a 60,000 person stadium to a movie theatre. You have yet to prove in any way, shape or form you know what you are talking about or how letting 40,000 people at a sporting event come loadedis a good idea.

But that’s all right, you come to this thread full of shit anyway.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time they shot up a Christmas party before San Bernardino?

When was the last time they shot up a recruiting depot before Chattanooga?

When was the last time they shot up a night club before Orlando?
So there was upwards of 40000 at those events? Again there is way too many people at an event like that for a terrorist group to control and your idea of loosening security and allowing them to bring more weapons in, would only make it easier for them.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three felonies, a bunch of other shit, did time in the joint and I'm legally armed to the teeth not to mention there's a few Alaska State Troopers who are members of our local freedom militia. :cool:

4c56057e030bbb4c25f568a4d91dbb510a674a9225204d43ec1cf24da5802a3a.jpg

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I'm not a fan. I love guns, I carry everyday. And although I have thought about carrying into a sporting event, I never have. I'd rather have a larger security presence at the games instead of everybody packing.

I wonder how many guns are in peoples cars at these sporting events? Just a thought as that's where my pistol is when I'm at Bryant Denny.