• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Aliotti calls Mike Leach " Low Class? What??

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mariota or DAT played in the 2nd half of the Nichols State game. In all of those games the starters were pulled in the 3rd quarter. 2nd, 3rd and scout team players played out those games. Most of those points were scored in the first half. I guess by your insinuation the starters should be pulled after the 1st quarter if they're up by 3 or more td's.
:ipw:

What a stupid response. You are either stupid or completely missed the point of her post. :L

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He missed the point because he wanted to.

He wants to see when Oregon does is as right and when someone else does it as wrong.

I had the same problem with Nebraska fans in the 90's when they were beating little schools from CA by 70 points.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast he gave the obligatory " I am apologizing because I was told to" speech.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid response. You are either stupid or completely missed the point of her post. :L

It's not stupid. There's a big difference from pulling starters at half time and doing nothing but runs up the gut and keeping your starting offense in against scout team just to try to get score within 30 or set some stupid pass attempt record

Oregon has gone WAY out of their way to not run up the score on teams. Yeah it still happens but only way to not score 60 with the team would be to start the 3rd stringers.

Horrible troll

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not stupid. There's a big difference from pulling starters at half time and doing nothing but runs up the gut and keeping your starting offense in against scout team just to try to get score within 30 or set some stupid pass attempt record

Oregon has gone WAY out of their way to not run up the score on teams. Yeah it still happens but only way to not score 60 with the team would be to start the 3rd stringers.

Horrible troll
-
Are you sure he wanted the record or just realized his team could use the practice? Or was Oregon upset because the meaningless TD hurt his defensive stats?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Are you sure he wanted the record or just realized his team could use the practice? Or was Oregon upset because the meaningless TD hurt his defensive stats?

I know he was mad about his stats. Oregon's D gets undeservedly bad publicity as it is and having a team continue to go all out with starters vs scout team in a game that is clearly over only gives the detractors something to hang their hat on. "Oh look Oregon gave up 500 yards passing, they must suck"

Box score voters is why that matters.

However, I've already said he was dead wrong for what he did. Of Oregon doesn't like it keep the regular guys in like Baylor does. Run up 100 pts and take the press from the opposite direction

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horrible troll

Gee, what a shocker...a Duck fan doesn't see 66-3 as running up the score. :rollseyes:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he was mad about his stats. Oregon's D gets undeservedly bad publicity as it is and having a team continue to go all out with starters vs scout team in a game that is clearly over only gives the detractors something to hang their hat on. "Oh look Oregon gave up 500 yards passing, they must suck"

Box score voters is why that matters.

However, I've already said he was dead wrong for what he did. Of Oregon doesn't like it keep the regular guys in like Baylor does. Run up 100 pts and take the press from the opposite direction
-
So basically Leach is a jerk for caring about the stats. Your guy called him out, because he was pissed about his stats. Are you familiar with the term hypocrite?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
So basically Leach is a jerk for caring about the stats. Your guy called him out, because he was pissed about his stats. Are you familiar with the term hypocrite?

I see plenty on this board so yes I am

I agree Nick was wrong. Way wrong if he wanted to hold them then either coach up the scout team better or leave the regular players in.

At this point I hope Oregon stops being pussies about protecting other teams dealings and puts up 100 and keeps the D in. Being nice isn't getting the team anywhere

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Oregon punt on first down?

But by that same token you can't say that Oregon has gone to great lengths to not run up the score if they beat their opponent by 63.

C'mon....that's just to many to turn around and act innocent on.

Was the opposing team this past weekend just supposed to try to stop winning the game?

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you for real? What the hell are they supposed to do? They had all starters out at HALFTIME

They ran a totally vanilla offense. That is trying NOT to score without just handing the ball to the other team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But by that same token you can't say that Oregon has gone to great lengths to not run up the score if they beat their opponent by 63.

C'mon....that's just to many to turn around and act innocent on.

Was the opposing team this past weekend just supposed to try to stop winning the game?

Are you for real? What the hell are they supposed to do? They had all starters out at HALFTIME

They ran a totally vanilla offense. That is trying NOT to score without just handing the ball to the other team.

Gotta agree with the Duck here. There is only so much that a team can do to hold a score down. During the Pete Carroll era, I used to hear this "running up the score" crap alot. The only thing a team can do is pull the starters as early as possible and run a vanilla offense.

At some point, it's up to the opponent to stop your scrubs. You can't ask the scrubs not to try, they're trying to earn future playing time.

Having said that, Oregon also should not be scheduling the likes of Nicholls St.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe Nicholls was a replacement for an FBS team that backed out.

Maybe someone can help me out with who that was. AtM as I recall...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with the Duck here. There is only so much that a team can do to hold a score down. During the Pete Carroll era, I used to hear this "running up the score" crap alot. The only thing a team can do is pull the starters as early as possible and run a vanilla offense.

At some point, it's up to the opponent to stop your scrubs. You can't ask the scrubs not to try, they're trying to earn future playing time.

Having said that, Oregon also should not be scheduling the likes of Nicholls St.

And by that same point you can't fault the other team for still trying to win.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres only one person at fault here and she's already apologized.

:deadhorse:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does scoring 50+ before half time constitute running up the score? I believe it does.

You do have to play your guys on a game situation some. Ideally (as already mentioned) you play a more competitive team. Oregon had one scheduled but they backed out and Nicholls is all there was.

Playing the Aggies would have been great for lots of reasons. It eliminates the talk of them being a good win for Bama and it completely takes them out of the NCZg discussion that was had

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by that same point you can't fault the other team for still trying to win.

I don't and have been very critical of Aliotti for that and to be fair, so has yeodonie and most Duck fans. It's only a couple of Ducks that have actually tried to defend what Aliotti said.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to play your guys on a game situation some. Ideally (as already mentioned) you play a more competitive team. Oregon had one scheduled but they backed out and Nicholls is all there was.

Playing the Aggies would have been great for lots of reasons. It eliminates the talk of them being a good win for Bama and it completely takes them out of the NCZg discussion that was had

Plus, how much fun would Mariota vs. Johnny Football be?