• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Team Where????

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no.

Divisions

I'd say I'm not on board with that but once it eventually happens I'll be on board with it.

But I will stomp my feet, fold my arms, and throw tantrums on the leadup.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident a city in Canada could successfully support a team. Which one I can't say but it would do well in the right one.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only viable city would be Monterrey. But not sufficient incentives to put a team there. Mexico City is too big and unorganized. There was a window of opportunity for some years but never came close to what is needed to run a NFL team. Honestly do not think Mexico is up to the task. Not worth the effort.

Didn't they have to cancel a game that was scheduled in Mexico city because the field was in unplayable condition?

If memory serves me correctly Mexico was gifted an opportunity and chose to take the day off.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say I'm not on board with that but once it eventually happens I'll be on board with it.

But I will stomp my feet, fold my arms, and throw tantrums on the leadup.

BTW as a Canadian. How do I put this....

Le seul endroit où tu parles français c'est le Québec

But since Montreal is such a metropolitan. You can get by.

Ottawa is worrisome a bit because you go the wrong way. You in Hull and Gatineau Quebec.

But Stadium is Downtown and along the Readau Canal

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they have to cancel a game that was scheduled in Mexico city because the field was in unplayable condition?

If memory serves me correctly Mexico was gifted an opportunity and chose to take the day off.
They are really dumb. Actually, the field is used for a bunch of stuff, think there was a Shakira concert and some soccer games, weeks prior, rainy season, etc. Terribly planned and executed.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are really dumb. Actually, the field is used for a bunch of stuff, think there was a Shakira concert and some soccer games, weeks prior, rainy season, etc. Terribly planned and executed.

Bullseye. I knew it was something like that.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm addressing the Cowboys fan base issues people speak about

I'm not....

Just Stating fact a fun Rivalry would be "America's team" vs "Canada's team"

But that said....

It be a beatdown now

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm addressing the Cowboys fan base issues people speak about
There is a huge NFL following in Mexico. Football became go to college sport before soccer in Mexico way back in time.
Most of their fans follow Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders. They actually fill a 100 seat stadium in Mexico City for the NFL games.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that Mexico would not be able to attract enough “foreign” players. There is not enough size and athleticism or proper high school and college preparation locally, so the team would be tiny in comparison to other teams. Basically, Mexico would have to import a team, its players, coaches, families, etc. Maybe the Texans are interested :)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a gamer in another country is one thing.
Having a team in another country I cant see happening.

A. What if some players arent allowed in that country?
but more importantly.
B. What if you are player that gets traded to that team & refuse to live outside the US?

I am sure there are a lot of little things in between these two thing that arent being thought of right now as well.
I cant see us kicking NFL players to the curb because they dont want to live in another country.

I just dont see this idea of a permanent team outside the US working.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but more importantly.
B. What if you are player that gets traded to that team & refuse to live outside the US?

I am sure there are a lot of little things in between these two thing that arent being thought of right now as well.
I cant see us kicking NFL players to the curb because they dont want to live in another country.

Spot on. What you said about moving the team and accessories. That is the biggest issue.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders in Mexico City is much better than Raiders in Vegas. They would make a killing

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a little off topic but is a good example of what it takes to build something to global standards in Mexico: The BMW plant.

The new BMW plant in Mexico is producing 3 series with the same quality standards as in Germany. In that plant, BMW invested 50 million dollars over 2 years to train local people, before they touched anything or tried to do anything in the plant. It can be done but requires big investment for the big machine to operate.

May be a stretch, but that is what it would take in Mexico to host a NFL team. Far fetched to say the least.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but more importantly.

I'm not advocating for the NFL to go global.

But the other three major US sports all have franchises in Canada. It doesn't seem to be an issue. Well except for the taxes. Or unless your last name is Manning and you're drafted by a foreign team.