• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP leader as of this week....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ryan. I think his teams inability to do anything substantial in the playoffs reflects on him. Right or wrong, a QB will always be judged on playoff success.
That's fair. Atlanta has been the 1 seed twice in Ryans 8 years and has only won 1 playoff game in those years and Ryan is 1-4 in playoffs. That said 3 of those 4 losses were pretty much on the D but I agree that QBS are always judged by playoffs. Just seems to me that people seem to think of Ryan as just average or done thing. Factually speaking he's likely to end up top 10 all time in most relevant QB stats. Guys a baller and he plays every week

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan is much more dependable than Romo. Of course Ryan is much younger though so who knows how fragile he will be in 5 years. Plus Tyans teams have had far more regular season success

opinions vary...I was responding to this:
" a very good NFL QB and has been since he entered the league as a rookie. I don't get the disdain. Plus he's a great guy who never gets into trouble and never misses a game"

course...romo was undrafted and sat a few seasons, but I think most would agree he's been a pretty good QB since he got his opportunity. Really, I don't see Ryan any differently at this point. It remains all about the post season

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ryan is a fine choice so far. Ben's hurt, Brees and Rivers records won't help them.

RB's Elliott and Duke could both be dark horse guys so far. WR I don't think Julio beats out Ryan. Defense maybe Von Miller, but I don't think that wins MVP.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people down on Ryan as a QB. Dude wins at home, wins on the road, consistently a top 10 QB in his career. Sure he isn't a Brady or Rogers career but Matt Ryan is a very good NFL QB and has been since he entered the league as a rookie. I don't get the disdain. Plus he's a great guy who never gets into trouble and never misses a game.

1. How much "winning" did he do the last 3 seasons?

2. I refuse to look much at his stats. The guy plays a minimum of 9 games each year indoors. 2 road games are always in great weather locales (Tampa and Carolina). Atlanta always surrounds him with elite offensive talent.

He's a decent QB for sure, but I wouldn't want to count on him if my team was in a must win situation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. How much "winning" did he do the last 3 seasons?

2. I refuse to look much at his stats. The guy plays a minimum of 9 games each year indoors. 2 road games are always in great weather locales (Tampa and Carolina). Atlanta always surrounds him with elite offensive talent.

He's a decent QB for sure, but I wouldn't want to count on him if my team was in a must win situation.
Ryan has had 2 losing seasons in his 8 years. If you want to focus on every QBS 2 worst seasons you are not going to think anyone is great. As to the stats thing I get it but Ryan is a +.500 career QB on the road as well so he's capable of playing anywhere.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It aint going to be a RB. I thought Demarco Murray was the MVP 2 years ago and he finished 5th behind Romo. He was absolutely DOMINATING all year long. Had 1850 rushing yards, well over 2000 total yards and all that got him was 5th place. MVP= winning QB, right or wrong.

Im voting Bradford so far.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be Matt Ryan. If not him, then Julio Jones, Tevin Coleman, or Devonta Freeman. A case can probably be made for Chris Chandler or Steve Bartkowski too.

Don't forget Atlanta Hawks guard Kyle Korver as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady wins it'll be politics.
I think Ryan has staying power in this offense, but obviously it's early.
Why would you say it will be polotics? There is 10 weeks left. Anything can happen. Hypothetically let's just say TB 12 continues 3 TDs a week with 0 INTs bouncing off of hands or not. Matt ends up with 9 or 10 INTs which he's on pace for? You still feel it would be political? I'm a big propenent when grading QBs taking care of the ball is paramount.
Nothing against Ryan I'm like most NE we all like Ryan from he did at BC.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Tree Rollins.
I'm fairly sure Dominique Wilkins is the choice.... or Chipper Jones. Tough call

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly sure Dominique Wilkins is the choice.... or Chipper Jones. Tough call

I played Blackjack with him and his brother Gerald, he was playing for Orlando at the time, good shits

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly sure Dominique Wilkins is the choice

Ummm no.

1988-NBA-Slam-Dunk-Contest-Michael-Jordan-Spud-Webb.jpeg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure people are completely down on Ryan's abilities as a QB. Just more we have seen this before where he comes out looking good to then begin to fade as the season progresses. Throw in this is his first season actually being in the top-10 for QB rating since 2012. So while he has been paid like a top-10 QB he hasn't been playing that way for a while. Just comes with the territory that people see the money and expect certain results especially when he has the talent around him like a Julio Jones or Roddy White for a big portion of his career.

I think he has been a good QB and definitely right now deserves to be the front-runner as the MVP but the season is still young and just need to see if Matty Ice can live up to the hype that has been set for this season.